The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

7 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

If you could find one, and did as you suggest then it's reasonable to suggest you'd get in some way assaulted. However it's unrealistic to suggest that this would escalate to a murder.

One thing that I do despair at when reading threads like this is that so few people claiming to have some 'authority' on LA / Santa Monica gang life & violence have obviously never even set foot in the city and worse, never actually researched the level of violence in that area.

Being murdered in Santa Monica is very unrealistic.

1. There have been 67 murders in Santa Monica in the past 20 years, averaging 3 murders per year in a 90,000 + population
  2. It has been 12 months since the last murder which was on Oct 02, 2019 (I imagine covid has helped play a part here).
  3. Source: (https://homicide.latimes.com/neighborhood/santa-monica/year/all)
  4. Daily crime stats https://spotcrime.com/CA/Santa Monica/daily-archive
  5. Being a tourist area, theft's and assaults make up the vast majority of non petty crimes. (which you'd expect).
  6. Very few assaults involve any kind of deadly weapon, let alone, a firearm.

With that said, as our server has far more criminals per capita than any real world city (because cops vs robbers is what alot of people come here to play), you are naturally going to see far inflated numbers of crime.

• Legal players are correct when they complain about the unrealistic portrayal of violence (especially the escalation to murder), by some illegal roleplayers, because it is unrealistic to kill people with anywhere near the regularity that is seen on our server.
  • Illegal players are correct when they say that some  legal players act like they're superman and do their best to provoke illegal players.

An observation I'd also make is that there also doesn't seem to be a great deal of consistency on the enforcement of 'fear RP' rules around drawing weapons in populated areas. I believe this only confuses matters and some clarity here would be helpful.

Nothing that you're saying changes the fact that Vespucci is a gang neighbourhood and people getting targeted there is an IC issue.

Just now, Ears Up said:

Yes it is, everything is IC until an admin says otherwise.

No, no. You're mistaking your own words with fact. Just because you say the whole of Vespucci is a gang neighbourhood doesn't make it fact.

If a bunch of dudes starting gang banging in Rockford, or Mirror Park then they would suddenly be gang neighbourhoods?

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

No, no. You're mistaking your own words with fact. Just because you say the whole of Vespucci is a gang neighbourhood doesn't make it fact.

If a bunch of dudes starting gang banging in Rockford, or Mirror Park then they would suddenly be gang neighbourhoods?

Yes.

It'd also be an IC issue bro.

Edited by Ears Up
Just now, Ears Up said:

Yes.

It'd also be an IC issue bro.

lol ok bro. So if a bunch of rich white guys moved into Jamestown and started parking their quarter million dollar cars there, it would suddenly be a high end neighbourhood? Despite the property value being low and the area being trashed?

Just now, Marksman said:

lol ok bro. So if a bunch of rich white guys moved into Jamestown and started parking their quarter million dollar cars there, it would suddenly be a high end neighbourhood? Despite the property value being low and the area being trashed?

If there's gangs in a neighbourhood it's a gang neighbourhood and its also an IC issue.

1 minute ago, Ears Up said:

If there's gangs in a neighbourhood it's a gang neighbourhood and its also an IC issue.

That sounds like some pretty poor double standards bro. Why does it work in your favour and only your favour?

If a bunch of white guys moved into a neighbourhood and started treating it like beverly hils, and get the cops to oppress those who aren't privilged I'd say that's an IC issue. What do you think?

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

That sounds like some pretty poor double standards bro. Why does it work in your favour and only your favour?

If a bunch of white guys moved into a neighbourhood and started treating it like beverly hils, and get the cops to oppress those who aren't privilged I'd say that's an IC issue. What do you think?

Yeah but bro it's an IC issue.

@Marksman I'm not gonna say all of Vespucci is a "gang neighborhood" but it does have a very LARGE PORTION of it INFESTED by 2 Major GANGS (Woods included but they aren't turf based so.). So technically it is a gang neighborhood and it isn't at the same time because of how much area the gangs cover in Vespucci.

Edited by MCB666