Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic.

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Not being to upgrade? I am against this suggestion if you can't train them up.

This isn't an RPG server. You'd have people busting their ass off to train these skills just to get an advantage over people. The zero shooting skill is pretty nifty if you checked the video.

the only way I see this working without any negative consequences is like this:

everyone gets it all set to 100 by default

players who have respect for what they do can set their stats lower, ie i would set my character to 0 shooting flying driving and 50 stamina.

you can't grind skills since you can toggle/set them at any given time, with a let's say 1 hour  cooldown to prevent abuse (if that would even be a thing anyway) this way it becomes and stays as an RP feature rather than RPG

this is the only way it won't create problems for anybody tbh. leaving it to the fine etiquette of players. sure most people would still walk around with maxed stats anyway, but your goal is to befriend the ones that value realism over winning anyway but hey nice suggestion 

Edited by Bloodseeker

If you have to take classes to increase your skill in something, such as actually book a lesson with a shooting instructor at a shooting range, and get rewarded for it with an increase in skills, if your RP was deemed up to par, then tbh, I don't mind the RPG stats. All this would do is promote RP, give people running gun stores something to do. There's this awesome shooting range and close quarter combat area in Paleto that players made, if there was an incentive for people to go there to RP, while getting better stats out of it themselves, then I don't see why not. 

Not every person would do this, I refuse to believe every single person would grind to make their stats better. You must have a very low opinion of our very good community if you think they will. Those who do? Power to them, good going. As long as they're generating RP through having to take classes, I don't see the problem. 

For stamina, player-run gyms would be what increases their stamina. 

For swimming, adventure companies and scuba companies would be it. 

For driving, maybe a new type of player run business could come from this: driving instructors! Maybe there would be a minimum requirement in skill t to getting a driving license? That would encourage people to RP with driving instructors. Then again, the people creating adults would be put in an odd position... Maybe not. 

My point is, instead of completely avoiding the issue of "grinding for skills", turn it into something that could benefit the server, by promoting RP, giving people incentive to actually go to all those businesses that players put so much effort into making, only to find out people barely have incentive to come over. This could solve so much more than just the skills issue. 

Really have to disagree with setting stamina and shooting to zero. That doesn't change the status quo; everybody is still on the same page, but now everybody is unrealistically incompetent instead of unrealistically good at stuff. Why should my character that hits the range and the gym daily only be able to sprint 2 feet before they pass out? Why should they handle a pistol like a toddler? That's just as much of an issue as the current system. I don't want SWAT officers to suddenly have no idea how to handle a firearm.

Edited by Sabess
Just now, Sabess said:

Really have to disagree with setting stamina and shooting to zero. That doesn't change the status quo; everybody is still on the same page, but now everybody is unrealistically incompetent instead of unrealistically good at stuff. Why should my character that hits the range and the gym daily only be able to sprint 2 feet before they pass out? Why should they handle a pistol like a toddler? That's just as much of an issue as the current system. I don't want SWAT officers to suddenly have no idea how to handle a firearm.

No one sprints like that in real life. You can make your character jog by pressing shift once instead of holding it.

Refer to the video I posted earlier for the shooting argument. You won't "shoot like a toddler" unless you are referring to great distances at which pistols shouldn't be effective anyway.

• Upvote 1

Yeah while I agree on the point that it's unrealistic to have everyone sprinting infinitely it's also a really dumb idea to set everyone to 0. Some people are better than others at things. People go to the gym IRL to train so of course they're going to be able to run for longer than people who just smoke/drink and laze around.

If there was a way to make it that if the RP reflected properly these stats could be increased then sure go for it. The whole RPG argument is kinda pointless. Yeah avoid a "level up" system, but you can't stop people on improving themselves? Imagine getting hit with that IRL. "You can't lift weights because it's too RPG and this is real life." What?????

13 hours ago, IrCam said:

Yeah while I agree on the point that it's unrealistic to have everyone sprinting infinitely it's also a really dumb idea to set everyone to 0. Some people are better than others at things. People go to the gym IRL to train so of course they're going to be able to run for longer than people who just smoke/drink and laze around.

If there was a way to make it that if the RP reflected properly these stats could be increased then sure go for it. The whole RPG argument is kinda pointless. Yeah avoid a "level up" system, but you can't stop people on improving themselves? Imagine getting hit with that IRL. "You can't lift weights because it's too RPG and this is real life." What?????

nobody can sprint at full speed for minutes on end. You can easily just jog or stop for a little bit and then continue sprinting. Literally nobody on earth can sprint infinitely without getting tired, 20-30 seconds of sprinting at full speed is good enough for everyone.

and for the shooting part, im pretty sure u guys r just skipping over maples video. the shooting isnt even that bad on 0, it's basically the same unless ur far away or using a rifle

13 hours ago, Maple said:

No one sprints like that in real life. You can make your character jog by pressing shift once instead of holding it.

Refer to the video I posted earlier for the shooting argument. You won't "shoot like a toddler" unless you are referring to great distances at which pistols shouldn't be effective anyway.

I saw that video after I made the post, and you're right, it's not a huge difference-- but the point still stands. Why should a 13 year old gangbanger be on the same level as a SWAT officer? Why should a gym junkie have the endurance of an obese man? With the stats all set to 100, these issues aren't addressed either, but this wouldn't fix it.

Edited by Sabess
  • Maple locked this topic