Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic.

Short description: Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic, e.g Stamina, shooting etc.

Detailed description: The in-game character statistics that determine stamina, shooting (The ones you can upgrade in GTA:Online), are all set to 100, this means you can shift-sprint forever (Usually, if it's set at 0, you get a small timeframe of sprinting before it begins damaging your character over time, meaning you can exhaust yourself into an injury/injured state.) As for shooting, it means you get ACTUAL recoil when shooting, rather than just lasering bullets like your character is a highly trained marine.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Well, I was having a chat with @Maple and he agreed with the precedent that the current stat values for some attributes are allowing a lot of unrealistic roleplay to take place. Examples being people shooting like John Wick due to the 100 shooting stat, OR, as a recent example, people SPRINTING for a FULL marathon that took place from the Observatory, all the way to the end of Del Perro pier. They sprinted for the ENTIRE distance, which is hilariously unrealistic. If this was in place, it'd mean that people would have to bide their sprinting carefully, and only do it when their stamina goes up! This makes it much fairer and more realistic in my opinion. (Also, PD footchases that last 30 years because the guy won't RP running out of breath, I hope you cop players agree it's super fucking annoying sometimes.)

Additional information: I'm really open to any counter-arguments on this! This is a VERY baseline for what I want, and I'd like to find contingencies if people have other suggestions on how to do this.

• Upvote 6

I can understand why this was suggested because as someone who believes in people's integrity to roleplay their character accordingly, it just doesn't happen.

With this introduction, there'll be a need for adding progression to improve these skills, whether it's done by application process or a script, it'll need to exist along side the adjustments. An example being, introducing new scripts to give characters a way to improve in the shooting range with an instructor. Or a way improve character stamina by working out regularly, something bit more complex since working out can be done either at home or at a gym.

I like the idea, but because of it being more than just decreasing everyone's stats, I feel like it'll take a while for it to take affect in-game.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, changooman said:

I agree that we should have some sort of points system for certain stats. Each char is given a certain number at the start to distribute. However I then also don't want to do this as people might argue it makes it an RPG rather than RP.

nah hes saying make them permenantly be on 0 on the gta points system, u wouldnt be able to level up and shit

Just now, Shekh said:

nah hes saying make them permenantly be on 0 on the gta points system, u wouldnt be able to level up and shit

Oh, I don't really have any objections to that. I think it would force people to RP more realistic. 

On the other hand, we have all of these commands like /fixrevive and /fixloc that give a lot of power and trust to RPers. With that said, I am not sure if we should let some bad apples ruin it for everyone else.

• Upvote 1

How about having to apply for certain stats on each character? Not attempting to form an R.P.G.... However, it would sort of apply the script to the context of each character, accordingly.

Every one starts with basic stats. Then, if one desires to possess more strength or stamina? Then, one would have to apply for it with a story or justifiable reason for this stat boost.

• Upvote 1
  • Maple locked this topic