Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic.

22 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

Honestly, it's not a bad suggestion, but I don't think it would work well on here. Dropping all the skills to zero would result in very twitchy driving, more people acting stupid on the road cause driving is pretty different with zero skills set. Pretty sure more illegal RPers would just resort to carrying automatics instead of battling the zero skill recoil. Let's not forget a lot of legal/illegal RPers extensively train in either firearms handling or running/exercising. Why should we punish a ton of fantastic roleplayers over a few bad apples abusing the infinite sprint feature? I'd say it's easily solvable by a forum report.  

This

let me reiterate, nowhere in my suggestion did i recommend a progression system. mostly, i AT LEAST would want a stat or two lowered, flat value, no progression. like stamina, there’s no justification for infinite sprinting, it’s non-rp.

Edited by joshua

It only turns into an RPG if there's a way to improve the stats via grinding, which wasn't suggested.

Stealth, Lung Capacity, Flying, Driving, Maximum Health (hidden), and Health Regeneration (hidden) should still be maxed.

Stamina, Shooting, Strength, and Mental State should be set to 0.

Edited by Maple

Still don't think how this is gonna fix anything. You set the shooting level to zero, people swap to automatics. You can find plenty of those on the street with little to no issue. This also fucks over people that extensively train with firearms and work out. PD/SD and a few legal RPers. How is this gonna be normal to them? Are we gonna have SWAT struggling to control recoil and semi automatics? Why don't we just forum report people that infinitely sprint instead of messing up everyone that has developed a fit character? And I'm not sure why people say 100 shooting is deadly accurate. It really isn't. Anything past 30 yards, you get a much wider spread, especially if you're rolling around with a pistol. I don't really see how this suggestion's going to fix anything.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

Still don't think how this is gonna fix anything. You set the shooting level to zero, people swap to automatics. You can find plenty of those on the street with little to no issue. This also fucks over people that extensively train with firearms and work out. PD/SD and a few legal RPers. How is this gonna be normal to them? Are we gonna have SWAT struggling to control recoil and semi automatics? Why don't we just forum report people that infinitely sprint instead of messing up everyone that has developed a fit character? And I'm not sure why people say 100 shooting is deadly accurate. It really isn't. Anything past 30 yards, you get a much wider spread, especially if you're rolling around with a pistol. I don't really see how this suggestion's going to fix anything.

I think you overestimate the difference between 0 and 100 shooting skill, a little recoil will not hurt anyone.

Simply pointing at someone with an automatic rifle and holding down left click should not result in a win. Guns don't work like that and bullets don't land in the same spot every single time.

100 shooting skill makes it so that the crosshair always returns to the same position before firing the next round. This was "balanced" in SAMP because guns had a random shooting inaccuracy that we don't have in GTA V.

Again, the recoil is extremely small and only makes a difference when shooting targets that are far away.

Stealth, Lung Capacity, Flying, Driving, Maximum Health (hidden), and Health Regeneration (hidden) should still be maxed.

Stamina, Shooting, Strength, and Mental State should be set to 0.

this. i hate the fact that we have literally 0 recoil rn and no one runs out of breath.

15 minutes ago, Maple said:

I think you overestimate the difference between 0 and 100 shooting skill, a little recoil will not hurt anyone.

Simply pointing at someone with an automatic rifle and holding down left click should not result in a win. Guns don't work like that and bullets don't land in the same spot every single time.

100 shooting skill makes it so that the crosshair always returns to the same position before firing the next round. This was "balanced" in SAMP because guns had a random shooting inaccuracy that we don't have in GTA V.

Again, the recoil is extremely small and only makes a difference when shooting targets that are far away.

A little recoil won't hurt anyone, of course. But setting it to 0 won't fix anything. Like I said, people are simply gonna swap to automatics and nobody's gonna resort to pistols. Hell, people rolling around with Skorpions and TEC's is already bad enough as it is, this is only gonna worsen it. Like I said, it's gonna punish good roleplayers and legal factions while illegals meme on with automatics. It's only gonna make things worse.

• Maple locked this topic