Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic.

5 minutes ago, Sabess said:

but the point still stands. Why should a 13 year old gangbanger be on the same level as a SWAT officer? Why should a gym junkie have the endurance of an obese man?

LMAO. this is not a valid point. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY ON THE SAME LEVEL. by setting it to 0, they’re STILL on the same level, but the potential and reality of it being abused decreases significantly.

does that make sense to you?

Just now, joshua said:

LMAO. this is not a valid point. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY ON THE SAME LEVEL. by setting it to 0, they’re STILL on the same level, but the potential and reality of it being abused decreases significantly.

does that make sense to you?

Did you read the next sentence?

10 minutes ago, Sabess said:

Did you read the next sentence?

i mostly ignored it because if i didn’t, it means you pretty much contributed absolutely nothing to the debate and just churned out things that have already been said, even in the OP lmao. i tried to make something out of your repetition. please don’t post unless you actually have something meaningful to add, otherwise you’re just shitposting on a serious thread

Disagreeing just because of the several reasons already pointed out against this.

There's no reason it should be turned into an RPG-like system where you define qualities like that, something you should be roleplaying out in the first place. GTA's attribution to those stats is odd anyway. If you run out of stamina and keep running, it will KILL you. If your flying skill is low, even the slightest tap sends your helicopter flying into a fence. If your driving skill is low, even handling an easy, low-power car is annoying.

Just leave it all at 100 and roleplay accordingly.

2 hours ago, Havana said:

Disagreeing just because of the several reasons already pointed out against this.

There's no reason it should be turned into an RPG-like system where you define qualities like that, something you should be roleplaying out in the first place. GTA's attribution to those stats is odd anyway. If you run out of stamina and keep running, it will KILL you. If your flying skill is low, even the slightest tap sends your helicopter flying into a fence. If your driving skill is low, even handling an easy, low-power car is annoying.

what abt shooting? the stamina thing is kinda off but still, shooting should 100% be made to 0. people standing on roofs or an entire block away and sniping with combat pistols is like the only way people shoot now

9 hours ago, Havana said:

There's no reason it should be turned into an RPG-like system

not suggesting an RPG like system. read the OP, not the comments. no progression, flat value that can’t be changed, no picking and choosing. you get what you’re given, which is a REALISTIC set of attributes.

If you run out of stamina and keep running, it will KILL you.

yeah, it’ll put you into injured mode, so stop sprinting unrealistically and start jogging/walking instead, or you’ll slip and break your ankle and have to get help.

If your flying skill is low, even the slightest tap sends your helicopter flying into a fence. If your driving skill is low, even handling an easy, low-power car is annoying.

which is why i’m mainly focusing on stamina and shooting. flying i think is one that DEFINITELY should not be changed, it’s such a niche thing anyway that people breaking rules around it would be noticed in a heartbeat by admins/people able to report them. same with driving, really. so i’m alright for that to stay at max (god forbid you get behind the wheel of a car with 0 driving skill, it’s bad enough as it is)

very lazy, the reason i’m making this suggestion is because it isn’t roleplayed accordingly, and trying to report people for things i hardly get to see is incredibly tedious, this system will ensure it’s being enforced without anyone having to actually watch everyone that sprints for a while and judge if they’ve done it unrealistically.

Edited by joshua
1 hour ago, joshua said:

yeah, it’ll put you into injured mode, so stop sprinting unrealistically and start jogging/walking instead, or you’ll slip and break your ankle and have to get help.

What do you suggest for those odd situations like having to run across the map within a custom interior to map it then, or when you're left in the wrong place without a vehicle, taxi, or admin? Those situations are already annoying enough, forcing you to be that strange person walking/running across the city.

It's a good suggestion overall but it shouldn't let the stamina bar injure/down you, only stop you from sprinting.

8 hours ago, Shekh said:

what abt shooting? the stamina thing is kinda off but still, shooting should 100% be made to 0. people standing on roofs or an entire block away and sniping with combat pistols is like the only way people shoot now

That just seems ridiculous so I could understand it for shooting.. guns are currently lasers. I assumed desync would make up for it since there's plenty of videos out there of people managing to miss every single shot, sometimes point blank, with the shooting ability already at 100.

7 minutes ago, Havana said:

What do you suggest for those odd situations like having to run across the map within a custom interior to map it then, or when you're left in the wrong place without a vehicle, taxi, or admin? Those situations are already annoying enough, forcing you to be that strange person walking/running across the city.

It's a good suggestion overall but it shouldn't let the stamina bar injure/down you, only stop you from sprinting.

whenever i need to get from one place to another in the mapping-verse, i just ask an admin for a tp. these days there’s that many admins, i never have a problem with not having one online when i need them.

as for being left in the wrong place, i have no idea what that entirely infers? i’m not sure how you could OOCly have ended up in the ‘wrong place’, unless you mean spawning at MRS when you log in? ask for a tp or use /fixveh

and, honestly, i can understand your point about not having to be pushed into injured mode, but that’d require an actual script to be made, most likely, rather than this just being an easy fix of editing the save that Rage reads from.

7 minutes ago, Havana said:

That just seems ridiculous so I could understand it for shooting.. guns are currently lasers. I assumed desync would make up for it since there's plenty of videos out there of people managing to miss every single shot, sometimes point blank, with the shooting ability already at 100.

this fantastic video shows the difference between 100 shooting and 0 shooting. really, not too much difference. you’d only really be impeded by this if you’re spraying from long distances, which shouldn’t really be happening accurately anyway ?

Edited by joshua
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, joshua said:

/snip

Hopefully a script could be made so running too much doesn't just down you. But having a decent level of stamina (that's not capable of endless sprinting) sounds realistic and fair, if it's tweaked like that.

+ Yep, I take it back. Make shooting skill 0. That bullet spread is far more realistic than laser mode.

• Upvote 1
  • Maple locked this topic