Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

A little recoil won't hurt anyone, of course. But setting it to 0 won't fix anything. Like I said, people are simply gonna swap to automatics and nobody's gonna resort to pistols. Hell, people rolling around with Skorpions and TEC's is already bad enough as it is, this is only gonna worsen it. Like I said, it's gonna punish good roleplayers and legal factions while illegals meme on with automatics. It's only gonna make things worse.

he literally JUST said the recoil only really takes effect when you're shooting at targets that are far away (which shouldn't be happening)

and even SWAT can't shoot to the level that 100 shooting gives, where there is NO natural spread or recoil, that's a completely inhuman thing to have.

4 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

Why don't we just forum report people that infinitely sprint

i asked an admin about punishing people that infinitely sprinted in the marathon, and they replied that no one would really take to it.

not only that, you need evidence, i can't report someone when i don't have a video of them sprinting across the city to where they parked their car because i didn't see them do it the whole way. you haven't even thought your counter-argument out at all, throwing a 'JUST REPORT THEM BRO' is not a good way to counter-argue, especially when you don't back it up with further justification.

1 hour ago, JustAnM43 said:

A little recoil won't hurt anyone, of course. But setting it to 0 won't fix anything. Like I said, people are simply gonna swap to automatics and nobody's gonna resort to pistols. Hell, people rolling around with Skorpions and TEC's is already bad enough as it is, this is only gonna worsen it. Like I said, it's gonna punish good roleplayers and legal factions while illegals meme on with automatics. It's only gonna make things worse.

I think you're against the idea just for the sake of it so I went ahead and hopped on my test server to showcase the difference. Note that I am not controlling the recoil in any way in the video.

This will barely affect handguns at all, if anything. The only disadvantage comes to rifles at range, where they should be used to burst fire anyway.

Edited by Maple
video back up
25 minutes ago, Maple said:

I think you're against the idea just for the sake of it so I went ahead and hopped on my test server to showcase the difference. Note that I am not controlling the recoil in any way in the video.

This will barely affect handguns at all, if anything. The only disadvantage comes to rifles at range, where they should be used to burst fire anyway.

I'm not exactly complaining for the sake of complaining. I tested this ages ago and had way different results, which made me think that it's gonna be an absolute shitshow to aim and keep rounds on target. That there's pretty neato.

2 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

I'm not exactly complaining for the sake of complaining. I tested this ages ago and had way different results, which made me think that it's gonna be an absolute shitshow to aim and keep rounds on target. That there's pretty neato.

My issue with this suggestion it introduces an RPG-ish stats idea, RPG is based on Stats while RP is based on creation an working without numbers.

10 hours ago, Maple said:

It only turns into an RPG if there's a way to improve the stats via grinding, which wasn't suggested.

Stealth, Lung Capacity, Flying, Driving, Maximum Health (hidden), and Health Regeneration (hidden) should still be maxed.

Stamina, Shooting, Strength, and Mental State should be set to 0.

What does mental state do?

39 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

My issue with this suggestion it introduces an RPG-ish stats idea, RPG is based on Stats while RP is based on creation an working without numbers.

It doesn't introduce an RPG stats idea. As the OP said, it resets shooting and stamina to zero and you can't upgrade those.

i might have to hop into SP at some point when i'm free and actually grab some data on how much the stamina stat affects how long you can run for, e.g how long 10 stamina lets you run for without dmg, then 20 stamina, then 30 etc etc, just so we can see what would be most realistic for the average person, probably around 15 seconds, really. (athletes can only run for 6-8 seconds on average at FULL speed, but GTA's sprinting definitely isn't 'FULL' speed sprinting, so i'd put it at the 10-20 second mark before running out of stamina)

6 hours ago, joshua said:

he literally JUST said the recoil only really takes effect when you're shooting at targets that are far away (which shouldn't be happening)

and even SWAT can't shoot to the level that 100 shooting gives, where there is NO natural spread or recoil, that's a completely inhuman thing to have.

i asked an admin about punishing people that infinitely sprinted in the marathon, and they replied that no one would really take to it.

not only that, you need evidence, i can't report someone when i don't have a video of them sprinting across the city to where they parked their car because i didn't see them do it the whole way. you haven't even thought your counter-argument out at all, throwing a 'JUST REPORT THEM BRO' is not a good way to counter-argue, especially when you don't back it up with further justification.

We already punish them, so I'm not sure who you were talking to.

7 hours ago, Syrike said:

We already punish them, so I'm not sure who you were talking to.

they weren’t on aduty, it was during the marathon i was asking in /helpme if people that sprint all the way to the end can be reported, and they said it wasn’t really worth it as not much can be done, or something of that variety

• Maple locked this topic