Adjust the in-game character statistics to be realistic.

29 minutes ago, DLimit said:

How about having to apply for certain stats on each character? Not attempting to form an R.P.G.... However, it would sort of apply the script to the context of each character, accordingly.

Every one starts with basic stats. Then, if one desires to possess more strength or stamina? Then, one would have to apply for it with a story or justifiable reason for this stat boost.

i’m not entirely sure if the in game stats are adjustable for each person or if it’s a server wide thing, will need clarification on that 

As far as I am aware this is a rage limitation as Rage reads off your save file (or uses its own if there isn’t one). 

for example if you have a save game with 0% stats, I’m pretty sure that’s how you will be in rage. 

That’s how it used to be. 

1 hour ago, Epic said:

As far as I am aware this is a rage limitation as Rage reads off your save file (or uses its own if there isn’t one). 

for example if you have a save game with 0% stats, I’m pretty sure that’s how you will be in rage. 

That’s how it used to be. 

This was a thing in GT-MP/GTA:N and I'm pretty sure they forced a 100% save on people that connected to prevent this from happening - whether this carried over to Rage, I don't know. 

As far as I am aware there are natives to control a player's stamina etc, but how do we prevent it from becoming RPG-ish?

Yeah, it's definitely possible to control stats in RAGE:MP.

I suggest leaving the shooting and stamina skills on 0 with no way to level them up to even the playing field.

Edited by Maple
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, it's not a bad suggestion, but I don't think it would work well on here. Dropping all the skills to zero would result in very twitchy driving, more people acting stupid on the road cause driving is pretty different with zero skills set. Pretty sure more illegal RPers would just resort to carrying automatics instead of battling the zero skill recoil. Let's not forget a lot of legal/illegal RPers extensively train in either firearms handling or running/exercising. Why should we punish a ton of fantastic roleplayers over a few bad apples abusing the infinite sprint feature? I'd say it's easily solvable by a forum report.  

I was on the server when we first swapped to RAGE, when these skills were zero for everyone. If we were able to tweak them case by case this would be great but a blanket move to set values to 0 would not be so good as this would just replace the original problem with another. Also flying with zero flight skill is like trying to fly in a hurricane.

The sprinting and getting hurt for it was nice though.

• Maple locked this topic