The most overlooked type of roleplay?

np

2 hours ago, Lemonade319 said:

Not sure whether or not it’s been said but there seems to be a fair bit of “legal” vs “illegal” RP.  

With saying that, I’d like to see more blurred lines with some “legal” characters. Some characters who are for the most part upstanding citizens but partake in or turn a blind eye to some crimes. 

Some examples could be a political character who used organised crime to help him in some way, a business owner who turns a blind eye to some crimes in his establishment, characters that take drugs recreationally in clubs too perhaps, an upstanding civilian who takes part in illegal gambling/betting.

lots of possibilities that become possible to “legal” RPers when they get off of this rigid two way system.

The 'legal' and 'illegal' distinction is arbitrary and divisive, should only be used to refer to factions and not characters.

On 6/28/2020 at 11:50 PM, Lemonade319 said:

Not sure whether or not it’s been said but there seems to be a fair bit of “legal” vs “illegal” RP.  

With saying that, I’d like to see more blurred lines with some “legal” characters. Some characters who are for the most part upstanding citizens but partake in or turn a blind eye to some crimes. 

Some examples could be a political character who used organised crime to help him in some way, a business owner who turns a blind eye to some crimes in his establishment, characters that take drugs recreationally in clubs too perhaps, an upstanding civilian who takes part in illegal gambling/betting.

lots of possibilities that become possible to “legal” RPers when they get off of this rigid two way system.

Maybe you bad guys just need to work harder to drag us boring old legals over to the dark side.  ?

I don't see how this is something that relates specifically to "legal characters"; I seldom see "illegal" characters hold a day job unrelated to their criminal activities. I can go into 50 screenshot threads about illegal characters, and there's not that much that doesn't come from committing crimes showcased in most of them.

Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Greyfeather said:

Maybe you bad guys just need to work harder to drag us boring old legals over to the dark side.  ?

I’m more than willing to do that, Infact it’s something I want to see a lot more.  We just need to rid the phobia of said dark side.

Edited by Lemonade319
Just now, arrdef said:

I don't see how this is something that relates specifically to "legal characters"; I seldom see "illegal" characters hold a day job unrelated to their criminal activities. I can go into 50 screenshot threads about illegal characters, and there's not that much that doesn't come from committing crimes showcased in most of them.

Guns, drugs, and lean. All my homies tooled up 24/7.

Consistent legal roleplay is often overlooked, though. Props to the trash crew that's out there on the grind, portraying very real and feasible characters.

I think new players / characters should start as legal characters with a specific background scenario, a black sheet for stories to be writen, and the the current illegal characters should drag them into the dark side as you guys said. Nobody wakes up one day and decides, oh I'm gonna murder someone today (except psychos), it should have more character development behind it, slowly doing things that are illegal to survive, and feeling peer preassure.

Anyway, I've seen these pure legal characters, who roleplay being 100% against any minor tiny crime, as it'd ruin their character for ever. That's not realistic at all to be honest.

Edited by Lucie

(actual) business or office roleplay. Realistic management of a business and strong character development around it. I have yet to see a properly developed businessman or businesswoman. The best developed characters, so far, from what I've seen, are @ahmed's and @PissyLissy's.

Addition - people who enjoy the role-play more than the money. Trying to hire a manager and getting texts with - "what's the pay?" - is the most annoying thing ever. I'm a hundred percent sure that if someone wanted to apply for a manager position, they would - at least - introduce themselves, have a CV, some involvement with whatever they want to manage and most importantly, some respect. Showing up to an interview on a dirt bike, in a cut-off jean jacket and greeting your employer with 'Yo, wass poppin' when you're a redneck that also drives an Elegy is highly inappropriate.