The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

4 hours ago, DjoleK said:

One thing I remember before was specifically @Cascade running a bicycle crew, visit establishments and just building certain bond with the community, in my case in Little Seoul specifically, but this seems to have ceased as I haven't seen that happen again in quite a long time. We had that food event two days ago in Little Seoul and while PD was present at one point in relatively large numbers (I think it was around 8-10 members) it seemed as if they were there just to take a picture and then leave, or stand for some time bunched up together instead of actually mingling with the community and once again, building up certain relations with people they are supposed to police over.

Overall it feels like police is there to do exactly that, police over and stop the crimes, I even had two cases where PD make comments along the lines ‚‚they're all Koreans, they stick together and don't say a thing'' which is true, but it is beyond me why any type of cooperation is expected when there is no sense of community or mutual respect between PD and community.

So this is an important subject in this thread in my mind.

And as an LEO RPer, I completely sympathize with you on how frustrating that can be to suddenly see it one day and it look like there might be some kind of turn where everyone is going to start mingling together to maybe break some of these stigmas that exist between criminals, cops and civilians, and then the next turn it's not there anymore.

I can say that it can be incredibly intimidating to try and get involved in these sort of events and mingle into the community. And that's not the fault of the community as a whole, but is more so that we live in this microcosm of extremism. It's very demotivating as an LEO RPer to have a large majority of your interactions with a member of the public start or end with them screaming "FUCK 12" or "FUCK YOU PIG" or whatever. And I hate that there is so much of that going on. A good portion of people that LEO RPers interact with are one of two things. Extremely anti LEO or are street lawyers. And because of that, it makes it harder and harder to try and go have interactions with everyone.

It's not really an issue of avoiding it, but it's more of a thing like if 70-80% of my interactions with people that I'm not even trying to give a hard time end up negatively, I might pick and choose very carefully who I choose to interact with. And like I said, that's not the fault of the average roleplayer. It's this loud minority that play their characters pretty much without consequence and don't realize that we're trying to play characters too.

9 hours ago, SpartanofSparta said:

I'm going to jump in here and address this point, as I'm the head of recruitment for the LSPD. These slots you reference here are nothing to do with the slots that we can accept new members. The Police Department has no 'maximum slots' per-say, they just have a maximum capacity on how many people we can train at once and not have people getting frustrated, left behind or our training officers overwhelmed once you enter the faction. We called them field training billets. Command members having alt characters have completely no effect on these; it would only have an effect if said alt was a Field Training Officer, which would actually increase capacity.

Yep that was some good insight! My friend I have been waiting for the PD recruitment to open and I usually check it couple of times a week if it's open and recently I saw it was open and closed before I could even know. Made me really confused to what just happened as the window was so tight. Now, I have been checking it multiple times a day. Nevertheless, thanks!

9 hours ago, BinaryRun said:

I'll try to see if I can get a better understanding of how the alt system works (particularly to alt-characters indirectly relaying information to each-other and acting on it) and if needed propose a new server rule to restrict to max 2 characters per faction.

This discussion isn't my rodeo but I'm involving myself seeing as a rule change to the alternative character policy is mentioned, I will offer my position.

Any rule proposal of this nature would be fought against vigorously and for good reason.

• Applaud 1
7 hours ago, Dylan DiVittorio said:

Yep that was some good insight! My friend I have been waiting for the PD recruitment to open and I usually check it couple of times a week if it's open and recently I saw it was open and closed before I could even know. Made me really confused to what just happened as the window was so tight. Now, I have been checking it multiple times a day. Nevertheless, thanks!

I think it was open for 6 hours or something like that, which is why part of my concern came from. Luckily it turned out that it wasn't slot related, but making an announcement ahead of time for those who which to apply would be helpful. Especially with timezones and things like that.

2 minutes ago, BinaryRun said:

I think it was open for 6 hours or something like that, which is why part of my concern came from. Luckily it turned out that it wasn't slot related, but making an announcement ahead of time for those who which to apply would be helpful. Especially with timezones and things like that.

Recruitment was open 48 hours with over 50 applications within less than that. It's a team that's been working around the clock to process everything but there is a limit. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Cascade said:

Recruitment was open 48 hours with over 50 applications within less than that. It's a team that's been working around the clock to process everything but there is a limit. 

My apologies, I was badly informed then.

56 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I-729 (Rev. 6-9-2020)

Date:       June 9, 2020

To:           Office of Public Affairs, Media Affairs Section
                 Office of Public Affairs, Community Relations Section

REB, Los Santos

Subject:   BUREAU STATEMENT ON ALTERNATE CHARACTERS POLICIES

It has come to the attention of the Federal Bureau of Quality Role Play, Realism Enforcement Branch (REB) that some persons are advocating to restrict the opportunity for individuals to have more than a single character within legal factions, with particular attention directed towards high-ranking members of law enforcement factions employing alternate characters ("alts") to perform role play portraying field work activities. This official statement serves to clarify the current stance of the Bureau on the matter and to provide guidance when it comes to federal role play legislation and rulings regulating alternate character policies.

Under the Role Play Rights Act of 2007, each person is allowed to possess as many characters as their User Control Panel slots allow them to. This includes, but is not limited to, having two or more characters in the same faction, regardless of rank, assignment or position, as long as local regulations ("rules") concerning metagaming ("MG") are not defied. To prevent individuals in law enforcement factions, and especially high ranking members, to have a lower-ranked, alternate character to portray field work activities would be an infringement of that person's role play rights and, as such, the Federal Bureau of Quality Role Play would be bound by law to open an investigation and file a federal criminal complaint if deemed appropriate.

Additionally, the Quality Police Role Play (QPRP) Act of 2017 established that high-ranking members of law enforcement factions may not use their highest-ranking, primary character ("main") for more than two (2) hours a week, and only in situations where the presence of that character could be realistically justified. However, legislation also provided exceptions for community-engagement events or large-scale police situations lasting more than two (2) hours, as long as such exceptions were not used as an excuse by the high-ranking member of the faction to have his primary character engage in field work activities.

The provisions of the QPRP Act of 2017 were further enhanced by the Supreme Court ruling in The Community v. Winnfield, with Justice Lancaster and Justice Clark dissenting from the court's final opinion. The ruling of the Supreme Court established that it is prohibited for high-ranking, primary characters to engage in police field work and doing so is a direct violation of federal role play regulations.

Any further questions concerning this matter may be forwarded to SAC Donovan, Realism Enforcement Branch at the Los Santos Field Office.

The Federal Bureau of Quality Role Play remains committed to enforce federal role play regulations concerning alternate characters in order to foster a high quality, immersive and realistic environment for all persons to role play in.

William J. Donovan

Special Agent in Charge, Realism Enforcement Branch

Federal Bureau of Quality Role Play — Los Santos Field Office

lol

Edited by Cascade
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic