Criticism of the Davis High School Rules

Big Hitta

I have some criticisms I am going to level at the rules.

1) Incongruity between Types of Crime Roleplay authorized with no prior administrator approval and requiring approval from an administrator.

"Small fights ( as an example: 3-4 involved players)" is allowed, whereas "5+ involved players" is disallowed.

Why set up an 'example' with so narrow a difference? I could say to my friend 'Stay out of this one, so we can brawl as per the rules', and brawl anyway; I could also set up two 'separate brawls' which have  the appearance of being one and, even if they are, state that originally it was a small brawl and that it naturally devolved into one large brawl.

Such inconsistency is folly. I do not think this should be a rule, as it is practically unenforceable and very pednatic.

2) "Minor/petty crime (with common courtesy in mind)" is an attempt by the author of these rules, perhaps out of laziness or an attempt to skirt recent changes, to give themselves the power of 'Admin Discretion' which was just abolished.

The same can be said of minor scale drug dealing. What if I give a bunch of drug dealers packs and tell them to sell, and if an admin is to question them on if the scale is large, have them say they are independent [and hence small scale]? Or give it to a 'captain' of a 'small scale' drug dealing operation, so that the drug dealers do not know they are in charge of a large one?

Unenforceable, and should be better defined. Minor and major are relative, and thus open it up to that 'Admin Discretion' which was just abolished, and should stay abolished.

The same can be said of 'minor crime' versus 'serious' crime.

3) Move "Shootings of any kind" to that category requiring admin authorisation of the highest authority, and dependent on roleplay. This is an area full of guns and minorities, who will shoot each other outside of it regardless, but here is my point: In denying the possibility of it, they are denying the possibility of good and memorable RP ever coming out of it, and I think they are doing this to make a pseudo-political stance against school shootings, or at least shield themselves from criticism for letting it happen. Furthermore, there is a huge loophole here: What if someone runs into it from a situation that starts without the school? There is an exception in the main rules, and so this would apply and be easily argued. At least make it require rare authorisation.

4) 'Sexual' as a term denotes that related to the sexes, male and female or anything in between, and so to ban "sexual roleplay" and allow "basic things" is ridiculous, as there is no defined boundaries and I can promise you that you will see, in the course of a few months, if this rule is not amended, someone report a couple for in-depth making out.

Instead, just ban sexual acts that 'go further than making out'.

All-in-all, these are my initial criticisms. The wording is ambiguous, and will cause trouble for everyone unless fixed promptly. If anyone else has any other criticisms, please post them.

Yours truly, Big Hitta

• Thanks 1

"they are denying the possibility of good and memorable RP ever coming out of it, and I think they are doing this to make a pseudo-political stance against school shootings, or at least shield themselves from criticism for letting it happen."

My brother, you are arguing that school shootings are a good thing and being against it is a political stance.

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1

There needs to be rules such as these, otherwise the High school would end up much like the iteration that was on LSRP that was quickly shut down because of constant issues of a high crime rate and trolling. GTAWorld has such a high crime rate - It makes sense to have such rules in place to ensure the experience is a fun one for EVERYONE involved. Not just the students.

'attempt by the author of these rules, perhaps out of laziness or an attempt to skirt recent changes, to give themselves the power of 'Admin Discretion' which was just abolished.' - This is completely wrong. In what school is there anything more than petty crime? Would it make sense for large scale drug operations out of no where? Would it make sense for murder to happen out of no where? (Given, most shootings turn into murder on this server because no one knows how to descalate an issue with simply words - everyone will just provoke fist fights/gun fights).

Just because an area is 'full of guns' - Doesn't make school shootings okay. If they were to allow school shootings, I guarantee there would be half a dozen a day if not more because of how stupid the crime rate is on the server.

Davis High School exists to give the illegal roleplayers a shot at an experience similar to ULSA and is something they have wanted for years. Rules mean, those who would break them don't ruin the experience for others.

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

There needs to be rules such as these, otherwise the High school would end up much like the iteration that was on LSRP that was quickly shut down because of constant issues of a high crime rate and trolling.

Agreed, it would be ridiculously boring if you have people in school treating it like it's gang land. There are people that wanna roleplay being a good student and develop their character not being a hothead and try to get into fights everyday. 

20 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

If they were to allow school shootings, I guarantee there would be half a dozen a day if not more because of how stupid the crime rate is on the server.

School shootings shouldn't be a thing as well so I agree with this part. A lot of people aren't very comfortable with school shooting roleplay either I'm pretty sure.

But, from my perspective I feel that these rules need to be in place to stop people from acting like a hothead in school and disregard the fact that they're students and should at least roleplay as students and do student things instead of being a full-time criminal in school.

2 hours ago, Big Hitta said:

but here is my point: In denying the possibility of it, they are denying the possibility of good and memorable RP ever coming out of it, and I think they are doing this to make a pseudo-political stance against school shootings

What possibly "good" RP could come out of a school shooting?

The fuck is wrong with Roleplayers these days?

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1

Yeah just gonna come out and say this;

School Shootings won't be a thing here in GTA:World, I can speak for all of Management on that. Were not gonna make players, nor condone players, making that sort of traumatic RP experience for anyone involved in this community. That's just... yeah.. no. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 2

Omg absolutely not on the school shootings. Rules are there for a reason. I wanna see illegal roleplayers get the credit they deserve rather than commentary about how it’s just a breeding ground for (M) players to troll and kill each other. 

I cannot believe you wrote “good RP” coming out of a school shooting 😭 

• Upvote 1

Personally, I'd disallow any and all criminal acts related to violence on the high school campus just to give South Central illegal factions a place of respite. Kind of like Magehaven in Age of Wonders 4. A place even the most hated of enemies can co-exist and converse... You know, with words. 

Barring that, the rules seem fine as is. Your point about allowing shootings is ludicrous, and I can't believe that anyone on this server still thinks shootings are "memorable." They're one of the most mundane and boring aspects of the roleplay on this server at this point, and we absolutely do not need to allow them at the school. 

Edited by Helm
3 hours ago, Big Hitta said:

In denying the possibility of it, they are denying the possibility of good and memorable RP ever coming out of it, and I think they are doing this to make a pseudo-political stance against school shootings, or at least shield themselves from criticism for letting it happen.

This is probably the worse take I've ever seen on the forums yet. There is absolutely zero "good and memorable RP" that could come out of a school shooting, and it absolutely should be against the rules.

• Upvote 2