Make vehicle plates removable items

Detailed Description
This is currently facilitated and allowed within the server via /report, my suggestion is to make license plates removable by players.
This command should require an screwdriver in your inventory to do.
Once you have removed the plate an item would be added to your inventory under the name "Plate - TGX 3XL" for example.
You could then reattach this plate to a different car, in the case it was a personalized plate - or use your car without it's plate for a crime, reattaching it after.

Relevant Commands/Items

/removeplate
/installplate
License plates as an item.

How will it benefit the server?

Just a small feature to add to the many great ones we already have - saves reporting for such thing.

• Upvote 18

If this feature is denied they should rethink very very hard if this is truly a "heavy" roleplay server.

I'd go as far as saying if for example X player decides to steal Y car they should be able to take off the plates. Perhaps within 1 hour cooldown of breaking into a car they should be able to attach or remove the plate. The 1 hour time should be enough to roleplay your thing. Maybe allow illegal players to own multiple illegal plates they can switch inbetween when needed. Imo should allow organized crime be yknow organized in an immersive way. It'll help local law enforcement investigate too, stay vigilent etc etc.

Other than illegal purposes I don't see how else you can profit off of being able to remove the plates as a legal player. Perhaps if you have 3 plates registered to your name you can swap between. I can see that one, sure.

• Upvote 1

This has potential and I'd like to see this implement, just with a few considerations in mind.

• It should have no effect on the vehicle registration fee, otherwise this is an extremely expensive prank you can pull on just about everyone.
  • It should be easy and cheap for characters to get new plates (at DMV locations, and garages, probably) which automatically will have the old plates show up as invalid on ALPR if they are being scanned.
  • An issue with custom license plates need to be resolved, because players, in theory, pay for these
Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2

Agreeing with this, so long as there’s a few restrictions in place to avoid any abuse. For example, returning the plate for either car after server restart, similar to how you’d get your car back after it was stolen. +1 

Looking forward to have it!

Would be SUPER cool as a LEO to catch someone with a DIFFERENT plate so if you'll write up "ABC123" you'll get a different vehicle, different owner, different everything.

In my opinion, it also means we'll have to install VIN to vehicles which should be seen by LEOs for further examination of vehicles without plates, or messed up plates. 

• Upvote 2