SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

8 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I mean if you want to be super technical about it, SAHP would be the sixth LEO faction. I wouldn’t change SAPR to SAHP. Plenty of people in SAPR love wildlife enforcement and preservation, and yes HAPA is dunked but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do in state parks. Nor does it mean legislation can’t pick up the slack and get over the blockade set in place by people who don’t like state parks being a thing. The majority is passive roleplay, and that doesn’t make it any less valuable. There’s camps within the faction that focus entirely on the parks, and the tranquility of park enforcement. There’s also the group of people that would better fit within their own SAHP faction, but that niche doesn’t have representation so people naturally fill it up themselves anyway. 

SAPR should’ve just been the San Andreas Department of Fish and Wildlife so it wouldn’t be so confusing for the predominantly European playerbase. Game Warden beats Ranger anyway, but that’s just my opinion. Those in LEO circles know the desire to have highway patrol, breaking it in leaves SAPR/SADFW to redefine itself and hook deeper into it’s specific niche while HP would be free to explore and fill a vacuum that exists. A vacuum that’s currently, very haphazardly, filled with a mix of dedicated players using alternative banners. 

yeah sapr itself doesnt exist as an entity. the faction is composed of equal parts cali state parks and cali fish n wildlife as you know. i do agree that game wardens are beyond based but i also know people would have a heart attack if they saw hidden-war.png

Game-Wardens-John-L.png

sapr (the faction) has merit to continue existing, there shouldnt be a reason that they cease to. theres a good amount of history, its got good leadership, it fills a purpose thats neglected at times and its done nothing but improve since inception. to remove it would be an awful blow to the server and the people in it, as would changing it. i do support SAHP existing on its own merits however. if GTAW: Russia and France can find room for it with much smaller playerbases im pretty sure we can to. "we" just dont want to, or usually we meaning the people up top

Edited by radreaper100
1 hour ago, Timzii said:

Neither SAPR or SAHP needs to exist. Sheriffs can control the country side just fine.

I can assure you, there is around 10 people who actively patrol(ed) the county.

25 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

How about we do this with SD, push them back to where they belong the COUNTY, and let LSPD take over the City, as it should be! That's how things were, LSPD took care of LS and SD took care of the County.

Won't happen. Lol. No one will join SD if that was the case. IIRC, Less than 5 people in the recruiment drive picked PBS as their station. The other 15 went to Davis

-

Yes, although SAPR already operate as SAHP anyway. It doesn't make a difference. Although, I don't see this happening at all

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, radreaper100 said:

yeah sapr itself doesnt exist as an entity. the faction is composed of equal parts cali state parks and cali fish n wildlife as you know. i do agree that game wardens are beyond based but i also know people would have a heart attack if they saw hidden-war.png

Game-Wardens-John-L.png

I’m not at all arguing for multicam feds. Fan posting a few pictures of militarized police and going “we need this” is missing the mark. Besides, the context of DFW tactical teams are almost entirely tied to the war on drugs. A war that doesn’t really exist in San Andreas. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I’m not at all arguing for multicam feds. Fan posting a few pictures of militarized police and going “we need this” is missing the mark. Besides, the context of DFW tactical teams are almost entirely tied to the war on drugs. A war that doesn’t really exist in San Andreas. 

its moreso the cool factor of game wardens, ultimately i agree with ur point about fostering the SAHP and would like to see it. some people just arent aware of Cali DFWs existence and have a very traditional idea of what a ranger is in their head (park guide) as opposed to the reality of what rangers n wardens do. 

Edited by radreaper100
1 minute ago, radreaper100 said:

its moreso the cool factor of game wardens, ultimately i agree with ur point about fostering an SAHP and would like to see it. some people just arent aware of Cali DFWs existence and have a very traditional idea of what a ranger is in their head (park guide) as opposed to the reality of what rangers n wardens do. 

Most people don’t understand American policing to begin with. Their brains start hemorrhaging when they see a deputy in the city because their reference has always been to be familiar with a single national police force. Never mind the fact that California has over 500 agencies, with Los Angeles alone having over 60. That’s not even counting federal entities. 

• Applaud 1
50 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

How about we do this with SD, push them back to where they belong the COUNTY, and let LSPD take over the City, as it should be! That's how things were, LSPD took care of LS and SD took care of the County.

A city is within a county.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Cheezy said:

To change all of this would be a nightmare. Modifications would take forever and personally, we should focus on other things before introducing further police factions. Even though we all know that SAPR is and acting as a third police faction in our community, they have the ability to do hell more then SFM. 

Someone finally said it. Thank youuuu. 

Merging SAPR and SFM into one - Why? SFM already worked so hard to build itself into its own identity after seperating from LSFD. SAPR has been working hard to get where it is today, why undo all of that?

In all seriousness though, sure people should be ICLYpush for a new Hunting act. I think at this point there also needs to be an OOC PUSH for it as well.

Edited by Jorgensen
  • Applaud 1

I don't necessarily agree with any form of specific highway patrol. Ultimately, the state county is supposed to be the juri of the county sheriffs, but obviously as SA is more sparsely populated than LS, SD moved mainly to Davis/Vespucci and the highways connecting out of those area's. The park rangers have the potential to be a great faction, but the whole time the thought process are divided between wanting to be the 3rd LEO/Highway patrol, and those who believe the niche aspect of the park rangers could work if the laws and server features pushed more to the parks and things to do out there.

I /always/ hear of ppl planning camping trips to one of SA's state parks, thats a rotating set of people for SAPR to interact with and create RP with. 

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you guys for sharing your opinions and concerns regarding SAPR and the potential of transitioning the faction into SAHP.

This topic is something that has been brought up by previous leadership(s) internally and was denied by Faction Management due to a few reasons. The biggest reason is the fact that SAPRs purpose was and still is to attract people to the county and to offer its members a unique experience that is not the 'typical' Peace Officer role. Our main focus should be on improving the faction rather than to transition them into something brand new on a state level. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, feel free to message SAPRs leaderships as they are open to them. As it stands right now, the Hunting Law is also not suspended and hasn't been in quite some time.

I will leave the thread open for further discussion but as it stands right now, SAPR will not turn into a State Police agency such as SAHP.

Edited by Hood
  • Upvote 7