Should we go full-on Night City?

Rekhoem

21 minutes ago, WatchingEye said:

Good morning, Night city! 

Yesterday's body count lottery rounded out to a solid 'n' sturdy thirty! Ten outta Heywood - thanks to the unabated gang wars! One officer down, so I guess you are all screwed. 'Cause the NCPD will not let that go. Got another blackout in Santo Domingo. Netrunners are at it again, pokin' holes in the power grid. While over in Westbrook, Trauma Team's scrapin' cyberpsycho victims off the pavement. And in Pacifica... Well... Pacifica is still Pacifica.

This has been your man, Stan. Join me in another day in our City of Bugs!

Good morning, Los Santos! Yesterday's body count lottery rounded up to a solid 'n' sturdy thirty! Ten outta Davis, thanks to unabated OOC beef. One officer down, so I guess you're all screwed, 'cause the LSPD will not let THAT go. Got another shootout in Rockford Hills. Netbangers at it again, poking holes in the Facebrowser servers! While over in Pillbox Hill, Staff Team's scraping VDM victims off the pavement.

Aaaand in Rancho... Well, Rancho is still Rancho.

This has been your man Stan, join me for another day in our City of sexual Dreams!

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
On 3/13/2023 at 7:31 AM, Rekhoem said:

In 2023, they voted Los Santos the worst place to live in America.

Main issues: Sky-high rate of violence and more people living with a criminal record than anywhere else. Can't deny it, it's all true. But everybody still wants to live here. The city's always got a promise for you. Might be a lie, an illusion, but it's there, just around the corner and it keeps you going. It's a city of saints, and I'm a big sinner.

(Not a suggestion, just a discussion)

LS isn't LA. It's not California. It's based on it, certainly. But there's a staggeringly high gang population in almost every district, with little to no "safe" areas, a lot of guns to go around both in legal and illegal possession and few middle class people, with most RPing either a poor, often criminal street guy or someone who is quite wealthy. There's a thriving corporate security industry and a hopelessly understaffed police. So, other than being set 54 years earlier, what truly does separate us from the social situation of Night City?

I'm not saying any of the above is an issue on an OOC-Level - it's all IC, being the world our characters have created and are now doomed to persist in. NC would, in my opinion, be the most likely outcome with the current development. Again, nothing wrong with that. Seems like a fun place to RP in.

I think that a move towards a more cyberpunk setting would be really cool and would open up to a lot more unique RP opportunities tbh.

• Upvote 1

Good morning, Los Santos! Yesterday's body count lottery rounded up to a solid 'n' sturdy thirty k! Watch out for those voids Choom's. In other news the use of Police AV's within city limits has been banned by Corpo backed legislation, so I guess we're all fucked. The netbangers still aren't intelligent enough to be poking holes in anything. Meanwhile over in Pillbox Hill staff were spotted with suspiciously appropriated Sports AV's. And in Davis...well, Davis is still Davis. Stay chilled out there!

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 4
9 hours ago, Moonsong said:

Good morning, Los Santos! Yesterday's body count lottery rounded up to a solid 'n' sturdy thirty k! Watch out for those voids Choom's. In other news the use of Police AV's within city limits has been banned by Corpo backed legislation, so I guess we're all fucked. The netbangers still aren't intelligent enough to be poking holes in anything. Meanwhile over in Pillbox Hill staff were spotted with suspiciously appropriated Sports AV's. And in Davis...well, Davis is still Davis. Stay chilled out there!

LYKT4XP.png

Ruth Dzeng: Hey hey hey, welcome to ERPo-Flash! Say, did y'all lose items yesterday too?

Ruth Dzeng: Yeah, when the /pinv was cleared there I was DMing people... Well, if we're getting specific, I was blastin' a half-inbred redneck I found wedged in the gutter canal.

Ruth Dzeng: Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't have... After all, I heard breaking rules zaps out all the enjoyment from the game. But hey, it kills the cockroaches too, so ya know... You DM some, you ajail some.

Ruth Dzeng: Anyway, what was I... Right, the items disappearing. Apparently, some gonk from Davis went on a /breakin spree. Heard the crowbars were knockin' doors outta frames. The LSPD says the theft led to a hundred and twenty mill in damages all in all. The real tragedy though? I cannot stomach stopping an ERP session...

Johnny: 120 million GTAW-dollars?! Hot damn. And just to get your hands on a bunch of sex toys.

Johnny: Ya got some sex issues, V.

PRESS (B) TO CONTINUE.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, hentai! said:

LYKT4XP.png

Ruth Dzeng: Hey hey hey, welcome to ERPo-Flash! Say, did y'all lose items yesterday too?

Ruth Dzeng: Yeah, when the /pinv was cleared there I was DMing people... Well, if we're getting specific, I was blastin' a half-inbred redneck I found wedged in the gutter canal.

Ruth Dzeng: Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't have... After all, I heard breaking rules zaps out all the enjoyment from the game. But hey, it kills the cockroaches too, so ya know... You DM some, you ajail some.

Ruth Dzeng: Anyway, what was I... Right, the items disappearing. Apparently, some gonk from Davis went on a /breakin spree. Heard the crowbars were knockin' doors outta frames. The LSPD says the theft led to a hundred and twenty mill in damages all in all. The real tragedy though? I cannot stomach stopping an ERP session...

Johnny: 120 million GTAW-dollars?! Hot damn. And just to get your hands on a bunch of sex toys.

Johnny: Ya got some sex issues, V.

PRESS (B) TO CONTINUE.

Walk away and flip Johnny off
[Intelligence] You're not even real, and you're giving me sex advice?

[F] [Cool] If you had to stare at Panam's ass all day with no release, so would you.
[Corpo]: Corpo fixer wanted me to spec this hoe through MaxTac drones, been causing some quality issues for the corp. Had to make it look good

• Applaud 1

Never played night city, I just want to comment for people who say not to take the crime rate IC. The only problem is that people do. So until there’s some way to take things IC, that would be ineffective and most people would take the murder rate IC and some others wouldnt.

1 hour ago, Zani said:

Never played night city, I just want to comment for people who say not to take the crime rate IC. The only problem is that people do. So until there’s some way to take things IC, that would be ineffective and most people would take the murder rate IC and some others wouldnt.

u are ic at all times or something 

On 4/25/2023 at 3:38 PM, pateuvasiliu said:

According to DMEC we had over 5000 homicides last year. And those are the bodies actually found, the real number is probably 10000+

This’ actually nuts, considering only like 20k people got murdered across the entire USA irl last year LOL.