Wipe assets when CKing out of charges.

48 minutes ago, SpeedOfThought said:

If I sat down and made an RPQM on everyone who did this, it would just be filled by reports from me, and frankly I'm not gonna sit here and spend the time just writing report after report. I'm simply saying people need to actually think of the possible outcomes for their actions before they commit a crime, and not just having Dequavious Johnson (M) murder someone in broad daylight and then have him CK his way out of the charges and lose absolutely nothing in the process. It just turns the server into cops and robbers. 

But you'll sit here n type up the OP, police reports and so forth willingly? If you can invest time into doing the above, you can just move past it, I get what you're trying to do. But sometimes people would rather simply die rather than get arrested; myself for example, my current main character i play on legitimately got 17 days for various crimes. I could've opted out and took a PK, still would've had my character's PF revoked, but no prison time. Instead I didn't; you've got to understand that a character's assets versus you being salty about a case file/investigation leading to your own self pride of completion by getting the bad guy behind bars is a poor mindset to have as a LEO RPer.

"Having Dequavious Johnson (M) murder someone in broad daylight ... turns the server into cops and robbers." these two sentences are entirely fucking bullshit. For the prime example being, a player has the freedom to self CK for their character's actions. It's not about wanting to not face their crimes or take the easy way out. What you just described happens in real life, people crash out. I've had crash out characters that were long driven but eventually died off due to statistics or just gang violence. Sitting here and groaning/moaning about "punish the player for ruining my character investigating and not being able to arrest them" is just fucking bizarre to me, bud.

7 minutes ago, Smurf said:

But you'll sit here n type up the OP, police reports and so forth willingly? If you can invest time into doing the above, you can just move past it, I get what you're trying to do. But sometimes people would rather simply die rather than get arrested; myself for example, my current main character i play on legitimately got 17 days for various crimes. I could've opted out and took a PK, still would've had my character's PF revoked, but no prison time. Instead I didn't; you've got to understand that a character's assets versus you being salty about a case file/investigation leading to your own self pride of completion by getting the bad guy behind bars is a poor mindset to have as a LEO RPer.

"Having Dequavious Johnson (M) murder someone in broad daylight ... turns the server into cops and robbers." these two sentences are entirely fucking bullshit. For the prime example being, a player has the freedom to self CK for their character's actions. It's not about wanting to not face their crimes or take the easy way out. What you just described happens in real life, people crash out. I've had crash out characters that were long driven but eventually died off due to statistics or just gang violence. Sitting here and groaning/moaning about "punish the player for ruining my character investigating and not being able to arrest them" is just fucking bizarre to me, bud.

Just using this to piggyback and reiterate that the jail doesn’t even want these people, I’m sure the courts don’t either. Just go find the real criminals that offer that long engagement, and stop wasting time on dead end arrests. You’re not Wayne Jenkins. 

• Upvote 4

regulating this is just an extra menial task for admins which isn't needed now because people already complain of reports taking too long, plus i don't really see the need. anything as far as illegal roleplay that happens on the server should be encouraged to give you more roleplay, and vice versa, as a PD rper your goal shouldn't be to arrest every single criminal

the punishment is the CK itself, people's characters are more than their assets and you should know that 

• Upvote 2
On 3/10/2023 at 6:57 PM, Serower said:

the punishment is the CK itself, people's characters are more than their assets and you should know that 

Really? Cause I don't think this is the case for everyone, as referenced in the video I attached. Dude's whole character is just stealing cars and then jumping into the water with a jetski waiting for him. Yet, we had someone CK yesterday who did the exact same thing. I'm not surprised if this is the exact same character who made a new character and does the exact same thing on that same character. 

This is exactly what I'm referring to in this report. People keep their assets and make new characters just to do the exact same thing on their new characters cause they have the same assets, and lose nothing. 

https://streamable.com/1z6o5x

Edited by SpeedOfThought