Wipe assets when CKing out of charges.

So as I have become a lot more active within PD the last few months, there is a recurring theme I see....people PK or CK their way out of charges, and getting absolutely no punishment for it. While I understand in some cases PKing out of charges is fine if it is roleplayed correctly, most of the time, that isn't the case. You have people pulling guns on 10 SWAT officers with assault rifles, just to PK their way out of some charges, and go and do the same thing in the next pursuit. While sometimes they are forced to CK when doing stuff like this, I still don't see that as enough. People make throwaway characters just for this exact reason. Now, before people start commenting and saying "This is just you being P2W" or other things, let me say this: PD puts a lot of their own time and effort into several of these cases. Putting up warrants, actively looking for warrant suspects, or even detectives making whole cases on suspects, and what happens? We catch them and then instead of facing the time for their crimes, they decide to PK/CK their way out of charges, and nothing happens to them, simply to avoid the jail time. This wastes everyone's time in PD. Just today we had a suspect RP dying from a simple taser hit - which isn't really realistic, but I digress. Just to avoid himself going to jail and serving the time, he thought it would be better to CK his way out of the charges to get out of the time, with absolutely no punishment.

For reference, here is an example of video of what I'm talking about. 1 guy pulling a gun on 10 SWAT officers with absolutely no punishment: https://streamable.com/z2nlcn

So, my suggestion is this:

When a suspect decides to CK their way out of charges, they should lose all of their assets. Why? Well, it's simple. Right now, players have absolutely nothing to lose when they CK. They get to keep all of their assets, and often times it's the exact same character they re-make as a different name. So, in order to prevent themselves from serving jail time for something they did and can't deal with, they decide to CK their way out of the situation, making a new character. If you think this isn't fair, a simple solution is this: Don't do crimes if you can't face the punishment, or be smarter about what you do. It's simple. 

Edited by SpeedOfThought
  • Upvote 14
  • Applaud 3

If you think this isn't fair, a simple solution is this: Don't do crimes if you can't face the punishment, or be smarter about what you do. It's simple. 

I mean, you're not wrong. The reality is that too many people have that 'play to win' mindset. 🤷‍♀️

I have to agree on this idea, though. This would make people think harder about their IC choices, versus just doing things because they felt like and are using a loophole to get out of it.

I guess my question is, is this specifically for people who CK out of charges? Or are you pro the wiping of assets for every type of CK?

• Upvote 2
Just now, sahirahx said:

I guess my question is, is this specifically for people who CK out of charges? Or are you pro the wiping of assets for every type of CK?

I think it should be only for CKing out of charges, or similar CKs. I think if the CK is RPed correctly or it isn't something related to charges or facing some sort of IC punishment, then you should be able to keep your assets, but if you're doing it just to avoid an IC punishment, I think you should get the assets wiped. 

• Upvote 2

yee

it's been an issue for too long. Detectives sometimes spent entire weeks building cases only for the guy to suddenly stop existing.

Additionally, though that might already be a thing, if you commit crime with your PF and pull your gun while 12 LEOs are aiming at you just to avoid the PF being revoked, u should get it revoked anyways despite the  PK tbh

Wiping assets upon a CK like that is pointless, they'll just delete the slot and make a new character to collect their 200k check and rinse and repeat. If you think most of these RPers actually have something to lose you're mistaken. Just start dishing out bans to people instead, stop with band-aid solutions they do not work.

• Upvote 5
7 hours ago, SpeedOfThought said:

Putting up warrants, actively looking for warrant suspects, or even detectives making whole cases on suspects, and what happens? We catch them and then instead of facing the time for their crimes, they decide to PK/CK their way out of charges, and nothing happens to them, simply to avoid the jail time. This wastes everyone's time in PD.

The way you are phrasing yourself gives me the that you feel like this server is about putting every criminal into jail/eliminating illegal rp instead of enjoying the roleplay that is behind it.
Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 10