Wipe assets when CKing out of charges.

Or.. maybe we could make a system where you’ll get a notification so that you KNOW there’s a case so you don’t NC / PK, and if you do such things it’ll wipe your assets or take x amount of money simply so the detective RP isn’t for nothing.

-1 +1 

12 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Wiping assets upon a CK like that is pointless, they'll just delete the slot and make a new character to collect their 200k check and rinse and repeat. If you think most of these RPers actually have something to lose you're mistaken. Just start dishing out bans to people instead, stop with band-aid solutions they do not work.

I've been saying this since 2020 lmao all the dumb ass rules. Just ban the offenders and move on.

8 hours ago, SpeedOfThought said:

PD puts a lot of their own time and effort into several of these cases. Putting up warrants, actively looking for warrant suspects, or even detectives making whole cases on suspects, and what happens? We catch them and then instead of facing the time for their crimes, they decide to PK/CK their way out of charges, and nothing happens to them, simply to avoid the jail time. This wastes everyone's time in PD.

Why does it waste your time? You decided you wanted to roleplay police. That’s a decision you made because (I assume) you like that type of roleplay. That’s fair. Setting cases, writing warrants - nobody forces you to do these things. They’re as much a part of your “job” as you allow it to be. The only real thing you have to do is roleplay accordingly and by doing so provide the same to the server. If your exit point is to “punish” people you’re here for the wrong reasons, and you honestly shouldn’t be a cop imo. 

You think your stuff takes time and effort? Have you ever considered the time and effort consistent criminal players put into their part? It doesn’t compare to you chasing a car for five minutes and then spending another five writing a warrant. As far as detectives go, (afaik) they still enjoy complete discretion in what they wish to investigate. A detective investigating your day fly Davis trolls shouldn’t be taken seriously. There are plenty of criminal factions that provide all the investigatory roleplay any detective could want - pursue those. And leave the Dinkleberg airport Asbo hit and run for the cold case shelf. 

As for the idiots that CK out of literally everything involving jail - let them? What do you get out of them “sitting” in jail? If it’s personal satisfaction you’re literally projecting your desire for power over other people into your “character”. Ever thought about the other side? Do you think custody is waiting for these players? We’re talking about a group that is so unmotivated to go to jail they’d rather kill themselves. You forget that when you write your arrest report, and dump your cuff into the system, you get to skidaddle on your merry way. Maybe you’ll even feel cool about it. But that player you just dumped into TTCF for God knows how long isn’t going to participate in the jail ecosystem. If anything they’re a detriment - if they play at all. Burdening not just custody staff but also the inmates trying to roleplay there. Nobody wants them in the system. Not the jail, not the courts.

Them offing themselves is honestly a win-win. The player gets to opt out, despite still having to “pay” something for it in exchange. The server gets money for the namechange. You don’t have to go through lengthy disastrous booking, but still get to conclude your warrant/case. You never have to go to court either to deal with their idiocy. The jail doesn’t have to herd another turbo nerd that ruins the roleplay environment for everyone else. The courts can focus on more pressing cases. 

You want to honk at that balance just because you want people to be “punished” and waddle away in the jail system? Yeah, no thank you. 

• Upvote 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

Why is the need to have a player punished so important in this suggestion? This is the mentality that the criminal/non-LEO roleplayers do not need. Everytime someone shoots at a police officer, it's always "there's no fear being roleplayed". If someone chooses to CK out of something, let them CK you shouldn't have to get satisfaction out of another player losing assets that took them months on end to gain. If you're putting time and effort into these low level criminals and having detectives roleplay out a full case for Billy Joe who's wanted for evading in his van, then sadly that's on you. There's factions out there that are probably craving for this sort of attention so they can roleplay something new and fresh but they're not getting it because no one is interested in roleplaying with them. Wiping assets for criminals is also difficult because of how long a decent criminal roleplayer would have taken to get access to what they have. It's easy for the PD to /equip or whatever the command is to get a gun or get some armor for example. Whereas a criminal roleplayer would have to spend weeks trying to find an in-character plug and then on top of that having to spend extortionate prices. Even regular street prices are ridiculously high for what they're getting. I do agree with the throwaway char thing though, that can be a problem of course but making them wipe assets is pointless. They'll just do the same thing, and make a whole new character. Believe it or not, there's a lot of roleplay and development behind most decent criminal roleplayers who end up CKing, it's the trolls that you shouldn't be putting as much effort into. 

• Upvote 3

While I agree that this issue should be addressed in some way, I don't think this is the correct approach to this problem and I'm against it. Nevertheless, if anyone is wondering how toxic the community is these days, one can just scroll through this discussion topic lol.

the reason for the big fat no is that criminals (rock solid ones) already handicap themselves too much compared to the legal side. what do I mean by this is that everyone I've known and seen when they die they don't take the PK, no no no, they opt to CK, sell the assets and start under a new name somewhere else or from the rock bottom, again. what happens when a cop cks? they go back to the same rank getting the same 60k per week repeating the same pattern maybe not even bothering with character development at all. it's the same in any legal faction. so my question is why don't we apply the total reset on legals as well? who cares about the Sergeant rank or Director of X company, right?

another point to address here is that jail is an absolute mess and it's not the in the slightest enjoyable. only inmates manage to create an enjoyable environment between themselves but besides that jail is pretty much forgotten about. hopefully that'll change with the future prison if that's gonna happen but we'll have to wait and see. if anyone chooses to go the jail route and roleplay it to the fullest they'll prolly hate their life because it takes time to get arraigned, to get a judge, to get the court trial going, your time is infinite in jail and there will be days when the jail will feel like an ajail rather than a place to roleplay. so why wait ages when you can just ck and go enjoy something else?

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, SilentOG said:

The way you are phrasing yourself gives me the that you feel like this server is about putting every criminal into jail/eliminating illegal rp instead of enjoying the roleplay that is behind it.
Just my 2 cents.

That is not what I'm saying at all. Everyone is here to roleplay, and enjoy themselves on the game. But how can I enjoy myself when 9/10 of our scenes are people complaining in /b or people just pulling a gun on 10 cops with absolutely no punishment? If there was some sort of punishment that people did not want to face, it would make people actually THINK more before they actually do a crime. Not just Dequavious Johnson (M) killing someone in a drive by then driving off with an uninsured vehicle with no plate going 110+MPH and wondering /b why he got caught then CKing out of it and doing the exact same thing on his next character....it just makes no sense. People should actually be smart about the crimes they commit, and if you get caught, then you get caught. Use the time in jail to develop your character. 

4 hours ago, sky~ said:

you're not here to police the server.

I know that I'm not, and I've never said I was. However, having someone RP dying from a taser cause they don't want to spend a couple of hours in prison is ridiculous. Now I'm forced to wait on scene and keep all the other officers on scene until and admin arrives just cause somebody wants to somehow die from a taser. This exact scene I speak of, the dude ran over a cop, then headbutted a paramedic, and when he got tased for it, he RPed dying just to get out of the charges...what is the point? It just wastes all of our time cause he makes his new character and does the exact same thing on his new character. 

Edited by SpeedOfThought
3 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Why does it waste your time? You decided you wanted to roleplay police. That’s a decision you made because (I assume) you like that type of roleplay. That’s fair. Setting cases, writing warrants - nobody forces you to do these things. They’re as much a part of your “job” as you allow it to be. The only real thing you have to do is roleplay accordingly and by doing so provide the same to the server. If your exit point is to “punish” people you’re here for the wrong reasons, and you honestly shouldn’t be a cop imo

Yes, I'm the one who decided to RP as a cop, and I enjoy it when the RP is actually decent. But how is it fair when we are held to this high standard of roleplay, and then we have people doing stuff like this because they can't spend a couple of hours in prison? The jail should be used as development for your character. Don't turn the server into a cops and robbers by turning a simple traffic ticket into a shootout...it's unrealistic and frankly just not fun at all.