Wipe assets when CKing out of charges.

As an LEO roleplayer I can see other cops frustration with illegal roleplayers just bypassing the jail system by choosing to PK/CK their characters, I personally haven't come across that many criminals who made the choice to do this, and i'd say 8/10 go forward with the arrest and jail process, which is hats off to them really.

This issue should be dealt with through reports or RPQM, draining the illegal roleplayers assets just because they chose to CK isn't the way forward in my opinion.

I commend the illegal roleplayers and respect what they do, its very easy for us cops to gear up and slap some cuffs on them, and yes by rights that is the roleplay and their character probably deserved it, however depending on the situation, a CK isn't really the end of the world. Without the illegal roleplayers who put just as much effort into character development, us cops wouldn't have a reason to roleplay.

There is now a rule for traffic stops which will make the experience a little smoother and more realistic going forwards.

I also dislike the divide of legal and illegal roleplay in general, we are all here to have fun, people have different interests and reasons for their own roleplay, if there is a rule break or portrayal issue, take the time to address it, and move forwards.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Jai. said:

As an LEO roleplayer I can see other cops frustration with illegal roleplayers just bypassing the jail system by choosing to PK/CK their characters, I personally haven't come across that many criminals who made the choice to do this, and i'd say 8/10 go forward with the arrest and jail process, which is hats off to them really.

This issue should be dealt with through reports or RPQM, draining the illegal roleplayers assets just because they chose to CK isn't the way forward in my opinion.

I commend the illegal roleplayers and respect what they do, its very easy for us cops to gear up and slap some cuffs on them, and yes by rights that is the roleplay and their character probably deserved it, however depending on the situation, a CK isn't really the end of the world. Without the illegal roleplayers who put just as much effort into character development, us cops wouldn't have a reason to roleplay.

There is now a rule for traffic stops which will make the experience a little smoother and more realistic going forwards.

I also dislike the divide of legal and illegal roleplay in general, we are all here to have fun, people have different interests and reasons for their own roleplay, if there is a rule break or portrayal issue, take the time to address it, and move forwards.

I hate the divide also but it comes from both sides, for example, what you just said "they probably deserve it" I am pretty sure there was no mal intent in what you said but if you gage any scenario with just this being a roleplaying game and not on the gage of morality and what should be accepted as moral or "good" in reality, cops would also be cked in many scenarios that present themselves in-game, for example, if you decide to sign up for SWAT or w/e the LSPD/LSSD calls it with the logic of "criminals deserve it because of what they rp" cops deserve to get cked too, if they respond to a situation and get killed, they literally signed up to put their lives in danger, the only difference is that a cop being in SWAT and responding to a dangerous call is more morally correct than a criminal robbing a store or selling guns.

And I'm pretty sure the notion of a criminal ig being bad and doing immoral things is a sentiment shared by most leo players from an OOC standpoint, it's the only reason suggestions like these pop up every so often.

Edited by el capo
34 minutes ago, el capo said:

I hate the divide also but it comes from both sides, for example, what you just said "they probably deserve it" I am pretty sure there was no mal intent in what you said but if you gage any scenario with just this being a roleplaying game and not on the gage of morality and what should be accepted as moral or "good" in reality, cops would also be cked in many scenarios that present themselves in-game, for example, if you decide to sign up for SWAT or w/e the LSPD/LSSD calls it with the logic of "criminals deserve it because of what they rp" cops deserve to get cked too, if they respond to a situation and get killed, they literally signed up to put their lives in danger, the only difference is that a cop being in SWAT and responding to a dangerous call is more morally correct than a criminal robbing a store or selling guns.

And I'm pretty sure the notion of a criminal ig being bad and doing immoral things is a sentiment shared by most leo players from an OOC standpoint, it's the only reason suggestions like these pop up every so often.

Oh, I was referring to the suspect(s) being in cuffs, 9/10 times the suspect(s) are in cuffs for a reason, it is only every so often when its officer safety or LEO's get the wrong vehicle etc, that it isn't deserved so to speak, that is what I meant 😊

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, SpeedOfThought said:

If you think this isn't fair, a simple solution is this: Don't do crimes if you can't face the punishment, or be smarter about what you do. It's simple. 

mindsets like this are so childish. It’s a video game not a virtual reality world for you to live a double life in. 

• Upvote 2

If somebody is willing to CK themselves out of jail time, they probably will contribute next to nothing to jail roleplay, cause hassle for the dedicated jail roleplayers & custody deputies, and just be an all around affront to the roleplay scene in jail. No. Let them CK/PK out normally. 

• Upvote 2

No, there are way too many cops on the server, to the point where most people can't even commit crimes without being caught. Gangs are pretty much non-existent, and when it comes to gang shootouts, inevitably a unit will roll by and call over twenty more cops.

Cops also stack 5 deep for a simple traffic stop, fix all that first and then MAYBE we can talk about that.

Also what @Smoked U said above.

If you think this isn't fair, a simple solution is this: Don't do crimes if you can't face the punishment, or be smarter about what you do. It's simple. 

mindsets like this are so childish. It’s a video game not a virtual reality world for you to live a double life in. 

Edited by Wesley
On 3/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, SpeedOfThought said:

To double down on this completely asinine/diluted/childish/toxic take. Since you can’t comprehend that illegal rpers matter ENTIRELY more than every single cop rper and cop faction that this game could ever make for the simple fact if we stop existing YOU have nothing to do and this server inevitably will die out. We’re already stuffed inside a box as it is and now you want us to lose ooc assets that you don’t icly know about. You need to get your play2win mindset in check as when I played in PD on an older server that has a lot of players and higher ups from said server role playing as LEOs here, they always told us they don’t want play2win mindset players.

Good on you for exposing that as a lie.

You're here to provide quality police roleplay not police the server or feel like every illegal rper is a Pokémon ball and you gotta catch them all. It’s no one’s fault but yours for whatever paperwork you have to sign and fill out. You signed up for LEO rp. Fix your attitude when it comes to how you approach LEO RP.

anyone who feels like this is a bit much… I’m tired of every other suggestion or post on this server trying to cripple illegal rp more and more like this one.

What the op is accusing illegal rpers of doing isn’t even done by the actual illegal rp community. But trolls who run around Grove Street LTD getting into random fights just to buy 4 water bottles refill their health just to go again. Not actual illegal players who put in time and work trying to portray a healthy gang environment for players like the OP to operate in and enjoy. Yet his suggestion is aimed to punish the community that gives him a reason to even log on the game for. 

Edited by Smoked U
  • Upvote 2

I completely understand that the LEO role players feel somewhat frustrated and such after putting in X amount of weeks of roleplay trying to make a case file on someone or whatever the case may be. I don’t think that forcing somebody to wipe their entire characters assets would be a good idea and honestly I think it would do more harm than good. Again I can definitely understand where the frustration is coming from and would be open to looking for ways to maybe improve the system but I don’t think a full wipe is going to be a good change.

If people are just making characters to get guns and go search for reasons to shoot at the police, gather some evidence and post a report. I’m sure it’ll be handled accordingly.

31 minutes ago, Smoked U said:

To double down on this completely asinine/diluted/childish/toxic take. Since you can’t comprehend that illegal rpers matter ENTIRELY more than every single cop rper and cop faction that this game could ever make for the simple fact if we stop existing YOU have nothing to do and this server inevitably will die out. We’re already stuffed inside a box as it is and now you want us to lose ooc assets that you don’t icly know about. You need to get your play2win mindset in check as when I played in PD on an older server that has a lot of players and higher ups from said server role playing as LEOs here, they always told us they don’t want play2win mindset players.

Good on you for exposing that as a lie.

You're here to provide quality police roleplay not police the server or feel like every illegal rper is a Pokémon ball and you gotta catch them all. It’s no one’s fault but yours for whatever paperwork you have to sign and fill out. You signed up for LEO rp. Fix your attitude when it comes to how you approach LEO RP.

anyone who feels like this is a bit much… I’m tired of every other suggestion or post on this server trying to cripple illegal rp more and more like this one.

What the op is accusing illegal rpers of doing isn’t even done by the actual illegal rp community. But trolls who run around Grove Street LTD getting into random fights just to buy 4 water bottles refill their health just to go again. Not actual illegal players who put in time and work trying to portray a healthy gang environment for players like the OP to operate in and enjoy. Yet his suggestion is aimed to punish the community that gives him a reason to even log on the game for. 

Facts, this man knows what's up.

• Thanks 1

But trolls who run around Grove Street LTD getting into random fights just to buy 4 water bottles refill their health just to go again. Not actual illegal players who put in time and work trying to portray a healthy gang environment for players like the OP to operate in and enjoy. Yet his suggestion is aimed to punish the community that gives him a reason to even log on the game for. 

So the server that has high standards don't punish people who don't quite fit in the criteria that play here? Meaning, the more you try roleplaying, the more you get overwhelmed with rules to follow. Breaking these rules result in a ban or an admin jail. 

As well, doing a complete wipe of player assets, especially the illegal ones will just create huge downfall on the illegal roleplay as people here mentioned and it can further snowball into having to think about new systems and rules to implement for it to be revived. Most of the servers that have illegal factions and roleplay as a whole strive off having OOC assets. They are used for a startup or just to be financed. We are talking guns, drugs, etc. Lets be honest, now a days character development isn't something that people got time to do nor want to do, in the illegal roleplay. All the "capital" is gained trough these throwaway characters, etc that got these assets to have these factions operated. At least for the start. You deleting their assets will create a huge extinction in drugs, guns as well as other things that illegal factions can offer. This will snowball into creating new systems for these players. 

Edited by e/s maniac