Drug prices?

soudiere

The prices of drugs, is a little ridiculous right now, I won't lie.

A single hit of H in game, is around ~200 dollars in game, and depending on the kind of heroin it is, is roughly equivalent to 20-60mg. Similar things can be said for coke, PCP, methamphetamine.

This gets even worse when you start looking at some of the other substances in game. Your average pill is going to at least be 220+, when in IRL, I can go pick up an oxy30 for $10 or a 2mg xan for like $5. Even when it comes to more recreational substances it's pretty damn horrid. Your average X pill is going to be $8-$15 (70-120mg) and your average tab of acid is at most going to cost you $7(~125ug's). For those either from the selling or consuming perspective when it comes to in game drugs, I think we both know this is a fucking FAR CRY from the price these drugs are sold at in game.

People do drugs because they're accessible, they're relatively cheap and get you far more fucked up than legal substances(Void some obscure stuff like legal psychoactive research chemicals or stuff like DXM). But this isn't really the case in game. A reported 25% of individuals abuse substances IRL, with this percentage increasing drastically when looking at young adults, a demographic that the majority of the server tends to represent. Despite that, especially for the setting that GTA:W takes place in, hardly anybody seriously uses substance in either an abusive manner void a few characters or in a recreational manner.

Just lower drug prices while increasing supply so the profit margin of drugs doesn't become seriously altered. Nobody's trying to pay $220 for a single script of molly, like cmon bro.

5 minutes ago, Tingtingbingding said:

$1 = 10 GTAW currency so $20 = 200 GTAW currency 

More or less boils down to this, how I see it and make it make sense in my head. Chop a zero off everything. Nothing needs to change. Sidenote: There is no set price limit on drugs, it's all determined by the players. You want cheaper drugs? Go higher in the source or become it.

Edited by Cartoonhead
Sidenote
  • Upvote 2

This is not a 1-1 economy. Most people don't get paid $4,000 hour in real life, and yet that's minimal wage in the game universe.

29 minutes ago, soudiere said:

Just lower drug prices while increasing supply so the profit margin of drugs doesn't become seriously altered. Nobody's trying to pay $220 for a single script of molly, like cmon bro.

This would agitate the situation more than it would help it. The lack of end users isn't caused by the fact that a hit is $200 of in-game currency, which is very, very low when you take into consideration the $200,000 starting cash, $4,000 minimum wage and $800 hourly passive income. This is a complicated issue but I'll try to briefly sum up some of the key points:
- Many civilian characters are tied to legal factions and would require corruption perms to partake in even a banal habit.
- Many civilian characters are unwilling to RP the adverse effects of drug abuse, and as such, don't engage with the system whatsoever.
- Many illegal characters don't partake in drug use; only purchase drugs that they can later deal down the line to the very few users who exist.
- Even those characters that do engage with drug-RP often times fail to RP addiction accurately and outright ignore drugs when they're inconvenient.

- Getting high is way more fun in real life than it is in a video-game.

If you lowered prices and flooded supply, you'd just end up with a shit-more drugs that aren't going anywhere.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
  • Upvote 3

I'd charge you more than 200. The economy on this server is fucked and this argument is an extremely hard on to make. What would be better is enforcing street prices. Also yes people will pay 220+ for molly and all other drugs as you make 500 a hour and it's really not alot, and ontop of that drugs give incentives for doing them such as HP. Speaking as somone who consumes ALOT of drugs IG on a daily basis... theres absolutely nothing wrong with the current pricing.

2 hours ago, Tingtingbingding said:

$1 = 10 GTAW currency so $20 = 200 GTAW currency 

This is a fair enough point.

Coming from the perspective of a seller, I just find it a little jarring having to be like, "Oh you trying to cop some H? Two hundred and twenty bro."

Although if that's just the norm, then yeah, I see where you're coming from.

The drug roleplay scene used to be massive and interconnected so back when it wasn’t as much of an issue. Aside from having a lot of faction clusters with supporting dealers you had a swarm of users to exist in that area. Today that scene has retracted to small groups huddled around the few factions that support it. You reap what you sow, and the people who used to create that environment left for other ventures or are keeping to their little corners. This means that starting out without already knowing your base is entirely pointless. 

Davis and Jamestown used to be an addicts heaven, but now it’s little more than Roblox level faggio roadmen tomfoolery at night and vomit during the day. The handful of decent gangs that still exist are mostly isolated in an area saturated with so much stupidity they’re hard to see. Everyone literally said this was gonna happen but it was supposedly too big to fail and everyone leaving the scene was super replaceable and nobody needed inherent support. Now you have this market to show for it, something something cause and effect. Nobody wants to deal with what it is today, so you never have a large enough of new people entering to keep it rolling. The new people that do get into it either give out within a month or stick to their corner.

It is what it is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Kenth locked this topic