Drug prices?

soudiere

My two cents (yes I keep repeating the same issue) management aren't seeing a clear opportunity when it comes to drug, permitting medical consumption of minor drugs can be deeply beneficial to the server. Not only does it open a market up to LEGAL rpers (many of whom cannot take part out of fear of violating LFM's no corruption rule), whilst also allowing the opportunity for illegal groups to get into the mass production market legally. Licensing to grow, skimming product on the side and selling it cheaper to those who can't get "legitimate" scripts for it.

Why we still goin' around in circles when there is a legitimate compromise which works out in EVERYBODIES favour. Like.. cmon.  Particularly for those older characters, those who want to RP conditions like Parkinsons, arthritis etc, it opens up avenues upon avenues of RP. We tried doing it IFM's way and their "revival" of the drug market, now please can we finally sit down and discuss this solution since in my eyes, its the first step in majorly revamping how drugs interact with the IG society.

Not trying to de-rail the thread, but given the events of years past, now seems like the right time to bring it up, afaik this comment violates no forum rules or anything of the sort.

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 3
51 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

We tried doing it IFM's way and their "revival" of the drug market

Assuming you refer to the scriptwise drug-rework with the new addiction-levels and such, my personal issue with this design was that it again attempted to increase the dwindling demand by adding a few more methods to combine drugs to certain (hp rising) effects.

It should be self explaining that such a mechanism is completely irrelevant to anybody who roleplays around drugs opposed to you know, need a buff for a shootout-

And thus, predictably, did NOT end up opening new markets for dealers.

As I've mentioned several times by now in related debates, whenever dishing around drugs to like minded people in the "legal" scene whose players didn't try before, I'm ooc met with disappointment as all drug factors one could roleplay around- i.e. visuals, stumbling and so on- are super tiny (to not bother those that just wanna shoot and can't be demanded to use the command we have to stop such effects if they occur...).

A meaningful drug design would aim to cater for these (role)players opposed to attempt to offer more stat wise benefits (!) for drug users.

@soudiere and OT,

On the general economic question I disagree, as was mentioned by others, in comparison with our over all ingame economy, at the current state drug prices are too low.

Not in terms of "realism" obviously, but the LS dollar is its own thing, but in relation to other economic factors:

To make as much money as a shop clerk, a dealer would have to push way too much drugs.

If we assume 40 dollar margin between purchase and sale price, I'd have to sell 100 (one-hundred!) units of drugs per hour, to earn a minimum salary in our game world.

The reason drug prices are kept low is because dealer rp is popular so the devs do not want it gatekept.

Obviously, this leads to the described results of an overabundance of drugs for a price that makes no sense either way, doesn't allow dealers to profit much from their trade - and thus have all the more incentive to not "honestly" sell illegal goods but scam every customer they can get hold of, as there's gonna be more actual profit and revenue in that.

Furthermore, with a lack in actual profit for the risk, all that stays is glorifying this roleplay and protecting stuff like weed being sold illegaly at corners.

Those doing it in this system can unironically claim to "just do it for the roleplay" as anyone who'd need money ic would tend a store for 4k/hour instead. Or like, really do ANYTHING but pushing drugs.

You can push 2nd hand cars, due to their hardcoded value you'll make more money there. And it's legal. Or beer.

If this makes sense I'll not judge.

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Don't forget the people who get punished for buffing up with drugs before fights like it's World of Warcraft.

4 hours ago, Mecovy said:

permitting medical consumption of minor drugs can be deeply beneficial to the server. Not only does it open a market up to LEGAL rpers (many of whom cannot take part out of fear of violating LFM's no corruption rule)

Is this why prescription medication has been harder to get recently?

37 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Don't forget the people who get punished for buffing up with drugs before fights like it's World of Warcraft.

There is already a system that allows medical jobs to spawn treatment drugs such as Codeine, Methadone, Adderall, Oxycodone, Valium... But it's completely unused. We could see into expanding its scope to more people because right now it's limited to hospital players thus there is no real creation of any.

50 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Not at all, the only prescription drug I know of that's hard to access is Oxy, but that has IC reasons why its so hard to get a hold of, the other scripts are fairly easy to get ahold of unless a character comes in ticking the checklist for drug seeking behaviours and gets denied em. my entire post was linked to the concept of medical marijuana. 

11 minutes ago, Nervous said:

There is already a system that allows medical jobs to spawn treatment drugs such as Codeine, Methadone, Adderall, Oxycodone, Valium... But it's completely unused. We could see into expanding its scope to more people because right now it's limited to hospital players thus there is no real creation of any.

Partially true? But not entirely, i can't speak for any other medical places out there, but phmc has some regulars for various prescriptions, we just dont go full pez dispenser w/ em. 

Edited by Mecovy
43 minutes ago, Nervous said:

One of my characters is actually getting prescription medication from PHMC, with one of the drugs you've mentioned.

8 hours ago, sCrax said:

We need a complete economy revamp. 

Its completely pointless to make this argument unless you have a unified concept that would improve over the current situation, whilst also being good enough so as to avoid a complete server/asset wipe. Alas, no such concept exists. You can keep repeating it in random threads, but that won't get us any closer to a revamp.

2 hours ago, Coolwhip said:

I personally have no idea why people are so against legalizing marijuana in controlled amounts. It’s super cheap to get. 

“It will kill the drug market”. 

What drug market? 

I think the people in this case is the illegal roleplay community, more specifically the lower-end of crime in Los Santos. I ain't taking OCG's, talking gangs and other small orgs. By legalizing weed you're basically taking the roleplay from the illegal community to the legal community. Smaller orgs and gangs don't have regular access to the other drugs due to scarcity and price, so they kind of rely on weed as an entry-level asset. Weed is mostly used IG as a social thing, parties clubs whatever, and it's also consumed mostly by areas which sustain these gangs so there's 100% a market for weed. And imo weed only has value because it's illegal, it'll turn into a prop like cigarettes, dirt cheap, no one wants to sell, used mostly just for anims.

Edited by shoot instant
  • Upvote 3
  • Kenth locked this topic