Drug prices?

soudiere

8 minutes ago, Bluerrey said:

You risk getting shot in return as 95% of LS on Gtaw has a gun or at lest one trigger happy friend ready to gun you down over that scam. If we go by realism and take this into accord, I wouldn't even dare to try and rob someone, knowing full well they come guns blazing moments later. 

Yeah but when u consider group vs group etc, its not too unrealistic to see it happening.

4 minutes ago, Coolwhip said:

Yep and that's honestly the issue. Some people too focused on profit rather than fostering a loyal customer base outside of their own gang, illegal channels for the long-term health of the market. It's all about me, myself and I.

Sigh.

das capitalism

• Upvote 1

I think the prices are fine as they are, if anything they should have more value though. If you compare them to most legal items being sold in businesses like a drink at a

club costs more than a lot of drugs (right? Been a while since ive been to a bar)

And drugs comes in many forms of different qualities and prices. Like weed you got different grades,top shelf can get pretty expensive per gram

Edited by GorillaGlue
20 minutes ago, Coolwhip said:

You know what they say.... you reap what you sow. Drug market sucks? There's a reason.

Better to have 10 loyal customers that purchase $10,000 worth of narcotics, every week or two, then to scam one person for $10,000.

My char made half a million selling narcotics, at one point, despite having a huge warrant on him. 

Thing is, people create throw-aways, so there's no point in keeping good customers. 

4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Better to have 10 loyal customers that purchase $10,000 worth of narcotics, every week or two, then to scam one person for $10,000.

My char made half a million selling narcotics, at one point, despite having a huge warrant on him. 

Thing is, people create throw-aways, so there's no point in keeping good customers. 

It all comes back to player mentality, which in this case is unfortunate. The majority isn't out to keep good customers when the character is just a vessel to make money and move on. I wish I knew the solution, but I could only offer up out of the box ideas that people probably wouldn't like. The issue is apparent. It just has to be addressed head on and not everyone will like how it needs to be done. It is what it is lol.

Edited by Coolwhip
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I think you are misaddressing the real issue here. 

Trying to compare the IC drug prices to the RL prices is just not going to do any favors in this argument simply because the economy system in GTAW is not the same thing. You don't get paid 4000$/h in real life by working in McDonalds so... You get the idea. 

As someone who's roleplayed around drugs for a tremendous amount of time, I can certainly say that reducing drug prices is not only going to make it worse, but will make players not want to RP around it even more. The most important thing illegal RPers complaining about is how legal system can provide players with that tremendous amount of unrealistic money but illegal stuff such as selling drugs which is obviously a quick way to make a huge money (just like most of the illegal stuff in which are illegal) is not really profitable in game. I know more people that I can actually count who lost their motivation after realizing how pointless it is to roleplay as a full-time drug dealer involved in OCGs. The amount of energy and time, including the life changing risk they put in this thing, is obviously not paid off by the profit of 4000$ they're going to make after selling 200 grams of weed. I'm not saying this is the worst drug system ever, but definitely some positive changes can be made and this is just none of them. 

• Upvote 1
On 8/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, Coolwhip said:

It all comes back to player mentality, which in this case is unfortunate. The majority isn't out to keep good customers when the character is just a vessel to make money and move on. I wish I knew the solution, but I could only offer up out of the box ideas that people probably wouldn't like. The issue is apparent. It just has to be addressed head on and not everyone will like how it needs to be done. It is what it is lol.

Change of mentality won't magically ever come from player base itself unless it's closed off player base with 15-20 people. If you want to change the way things currently work it has to come from admins directly placing down rules etc. 

Same way with the amount of rule breaks still happening. 

If you want people to lower/higher the prices of drugs, you can't expect players to take the initiative, it has to be done by admins

Edited by Bluerrey
  • Upvote 2

To be honest I think the benefits given by drugs should be outright removed to, it'd be interesting to see how the removal of drug buffs would directly effect the player base usage of drugs. I don't see many heroin addicts in the I area live irl walking around with any buffs from shooting up. To be completely honest %90 of the time you see a heroin user they're just sitting on a park bench monged out unable to move not running around shooting / robbing people with a health buff.

Edited by Joaquins Story.
  • Upvote 1
  • Kenth locked this topic