Remove the new "Home Robbery" minigame

lostlk

I'll be honest, as an illegal RPer I hate this new system. It's not about simply your home being broken into or some idea that your valuables will be taken. It's the fact that people tend to forget that we're on a server of 800+ people peak and more criminals than anyone would really care to see. Crime is dumb high in itself and your apartment/house should be remotely a safe haven away from all the bs. Your passive RP time, your time to avoid the chaos and just chill. If you got a server with that many players, everyone and their mom wants to use the new system, break into houses, etc. The mini game is CAKE asf as well. Even with the advanced lock, it's easy. 

Imagine you're in your crib and someone just pops in because they had a lockpick on deck, gives you demands but since you were remotely AFK, you didn't comply and got smoked because of it. I'm not saying everyone and their mothers would do that, but it's also wild. If you caught me slipping and made me give up the keys, had an admin request, etc, literally do you. Ya'll finna have me passive RPing with a rifle in my hand and I hope to God I'm in the middle of some rancid erp when you break in my shit. 

While we're at it, please make device scanners unlimited use or something because the moment people smarten up, it's gg for most of ya'll.

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Sitra said:

Script robberies create RP scenarios for both robbers and LEOs that respond to the break-ins that carry actual risk of getting caught with them.

For all I can tell you, it does not. As for most crime on the server, you are caught red-handed or never to be found again. And the lack of admin supervision gives exactly zero to roleplay or work with once someone has already left the property an alarm has gone off at. The only thing you will see as a LEO is an abandoned apartment with alarm ringing and one single info marker at the door that is automatically generated - "The property seems to have recently been broken into, and [half/all/some amount] of furniture has been stolen". Your roleplay ends the moment the apartment is found empty, and the owner is not reached, or informed and arrives at the same scene that is presented to you.

That's the end of the road. No evidence, no fingerprints, no one to be contacted, no admin to ask about evidence unless you go the extra not one, two or three but ten miles to find yourself not any, but an admin that has access to the server logs and goes out of their way to fetch relevant logs, or contact the player(s) involved for you to act as liasion similar to vehicle break-ins and theft. And all of that doesn't gurantee that there is any information of value that could spark an investigation to be started - let alone ever concluded.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

I'll be honest, as an illegal RPer I hate this new system. It's not about simply your home being broken into or some idea that your valuables will be taken. It's the fact that people tend to forget that we're on a server of 800+ people peak and more criminals than anyone would really care to see. Crime is dumb high in itself and your apartment/house should be remotely a safe haven away from all the bs. Your passive RP time, your time to avoid the chaos and just chill. If you got a server with that many players, everyone and their mom wants to use the new system, break into houses, etc. The mini game is CAKE asf as well. Even with the advanced lock, it's easy. 

Imagine you're in your crib and someone just pops in because they had a lockpick on deck, gives you demands but since you were remotely AFK, you didn't comply and got smoked because of it. I'm not saying everyone and their mothers would do that, but it's also wild. If you caught me slipping and made me give up the keys, had an admin request, etc, literally do you. Ya'll finna have me passive RPing with a rifle in my hand and I hope to God I'm in the middle of some rancid erp when you break in my shit. 

While we're at it, please make device scanners unlimited use or something because the moment people smarten up, it's gg for most of ya'll.

I believe they already said a house robbery with the script cannot be performed if people are inside said house.

It is a great addition to the illegal roleplayers side but adjustments need to be made; "half of the furniture missing" is blatant powergaming by the server script, no-one can rob a whole property of it's items within two minutes; cims should be placed where role-playing is done for example; someone does a /me at a cabinet, there should be a cim saying items were taken from here.

Furthermore, admins refused to give us a description of even a name of the person who robbed our property which had CCTV all around the property, a security company took an hour of their time to roleplay it but it's pretty useless when we cannot get any details about who did it.

Lastly, introduce a cooldown between /me's so they cannot take half the property's furniture inside(with this I mean the cim outdoors), or make a change where the more time you spend inside, the more rewarding it is. This'll also add a risk since security companies get notified after a minute.

Edited by sky~
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

Who cares about what you're comfortable with? People want to RP house robberies without waiting 2 hours for it to be accepted and then being caught within two minutes.

5 hours ago, lostlk said:

add a "Drug Courier" job, involving players ordering large quantities of drugs from suppliers to a dead drop location, and having someone pick up such jobs, and drop them off.

And this is your somehow more realistic job for illegal RPers? This is literally ripped straight out of some RPG SA-MP server... These are things that players can do through finding connections IC'ly. You can't rob a house by finding connections IC'ly.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

The current system can be tweaked and changed. It's currently being used so much because it's new.

I would rather see suggestions to improve, than outright remove it.

This gives illegal roleplayers something they don't need to rely on admins for. If you're just wanting to roleplay a robbery but don't care about jewellery or guns, this is the option for you to do so.

It's honestly disappointing to see people wanting to outright remove a feature than forces them to roleplay something they don't want to roleplay. There is a cooldown on your property. Yes it's being used a lot right now, as was hunting, as was every single feature that gets released, it's natural on an RP server with a new shiny toy that adds something the illegal scene has been sorely needing for some time. Nothing is lost.

I DO think the /cim should change. "Half the furnitures are missing" makes no sense to me at all. That's forcing someone to roleplay something that isn't really that realistic and I understand that as a complaint completely.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

I would rather see suggestions to improve, than outright remove it.

Personally, what I'd like to see is an update that takes the property owners' side in account when it comes to loot and gives them options to enhance this on their end.

As it stands currently, all options I have is to put a /stashinfo for breakins and for the now "normal" /robhouse-activities I am given basically zero options to interact, left aside my alarm getting people to jail possibly.

What would be benefitial? A system that allows house owners to actually organize potential loot in their house, in an automatic way that applies to /robhouse and also makes admin tasks easier in /breakins.

How would it work? Allow property owners to "tier" stored items inside a property based on how easy/fast they'd be to find.

Allow me to put a number of items in a "tier 1" that is possible to be snatched also by people using /robhouse, opposed to random lootboxes, and do the same for /breakins (With a tier 2 for items you'd not spot as easily, and a potential tier 3 for items locked in an eventual safe).

Would maybe be niche, but it would allow those who care to provide a more interesting experience for burglars (and in breakins ease up admin work when they could pick fitting loot to give the burglars opposed to have to skim through my 80kg of makeup, food  and couture items in store , cough)

Edited by knppel