Increase gas prices to simulate the current situation in the USA, and globally as well.

So while I am for general necessities being more of a thing you need to rp and more impactful to your finances

The last thing we need is real life affairs affecting our experience in game. It's the same reason the Russian war is not part of in game lore

Edited by Orpheus49

just rp gas prices being higher if u really want. isn't entirely the result of ukraine, so. Shouldn't break continuity. Don't need to become broke in actuality to be angry at gas prices & only fill up partial tanks.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Storm said:

I think a better idea is to make fuel consumption higher. Right now you hardly ever need to refuel to begin with then we can go from there if prices need to be adjusted.

Highly depends on the vehicle you drive. There are vehicles with unrealistic fuel-tank capacities that do not reflect their MPG. Motorcycles for example, 10gallon gas tank with obscene fuel consumption, when sport vehicle has worse MPG and yet has to refule less. Motorcycles are known to have the weight to power ratio perfected due to their size, something vehicles can never really achieve.

If you make fuel run out faster, fix the problem of some vehicles having smaller than what they really are fuel-tanks.

12 hours ago, Cocaine Capital said:

Increase gas prices and increase the speed at which gas burns in your vehicles. Not because of the Ukraine thing, (since it's not happening, but because I can fill up my tank, drive what continuity claims is a 3+ hour drive from the city to Paleto, and not even see a tickmark go down on my gas. 

Try doing that in a Motorcycle.

12 hours ago, Cocaine Capital said:

[...] drive what continuity claims is a 3+ hour drive from the city to Paleto [...]

I recently inquired and this is unclear, they do not have an answer as to how this distance should be handled as of yet (after nuking the continuity that was in place after a struggle of years)

On-topic: Fuel economy of vehicles needs full rebalancing, the price of fuel is the least of our concerns right now. Continuity can help here, if distances are supposed to be larger, then fuel economy should be higher to somewhat match that.

But how are people meant to afford their super cars and 5 mirror park homes, if the gas will be so expensive? How will they fight their gambling addiction if they'll have to pay for gas a bit more? God forbid we make utlities more expensive to stimulate real life a bit more and adjust it to the current in-game economy... no!

On a real note, make it more expensive and make consumption higher, so re-fueling is more frequent. +1

• Upvote 1