Add Dolphins and Stingrays and Whales (oh my)

Natala

Detailed Description

Maybe it is the lovely weather, and not high priority sure, but I honestly believe this would add more immersion then people think. We have Dolphin, Stingray, Killer whales and Humpback whale models already in the game. We have sharks already scripted to spawn when you sail or swim in certain areas.

I am suggesting the exact same script as for sharks are added to other sea life, but set them to none hostile. You can even limit them to certain areas of the map, maybe make it so sharks wont spawn there, but there is a % chance you will encounter one or more of a dolphin or stingray if you swim in a certain cove or at one of the coral reefs. 

It shouldn't affect lag and the server wouldn't notice the script as the creatures would only spawn when in the presence of a diving/swimming/boating character. 

Relevant Commands/Items

None. Script and model already exist. 

How will it benefit the server?

- It would hugely impact ocean rp, it would give another reason for people to dive and interact with the sea more.
- More reason to bring the boat out, if there is a chance you can see a humpback whale or a dolphin, that's pretty cool.
- More exploring and  much needed life to the ocean like the animals up in the mountains.
- It gives all the businesses focusing on skydiving and cliff jumping another thing to offer people, you can take them to areas to dive with a high chance to seeing stingrays and dolphins.
- Tug boats can offer whale spotting.
- Will hopefully drive more roleplay to sea focused businesses, Life guards, Fire department and Park Rangers. Even Sheriffs working out in Paleto. 

https://i.gyazo.com/c8e66ad1eb629000166fcc7713384bd2.mp4

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 1

+1000million.

I asked about this i think maybe 2 years ago but i can't remember why i got nixed on the idea, something something server resources I think? Honestly can't recall.

I want to swim with delphineeeeees.

As people mentioned it would add some more incentive to go out on boats, and also provide roleplay related to those sea life, and giving the lifeguards that tiny bit more roleplay visually is a bonus.

• Upvote 1