Charging minors with every crime as an adult?

Narco

4 minutes ago, Jennie said:

I can confirm this, happened with a fresh created char, they didn't even know me enough but invited me to rob because they were bored.

sad that the gangs just want to do is mass shooting and rob randoms, very different from the gang rp I played on Samp.

It's really not because they're bored, rather that they're specifically looking for firearms or weapons as they're attempting to be loot goblins. 

I haven't been robbed once where the individuals haven't INSTANTLY "patted my waistband down" which is a clear indication they're simply looking for firearms. Because realistically, why would a 16 year old that's robbing people in the hood be patting peoples waistband down instantly? if anything they'd rob you for your shoes, your phone, your chain, not patting your waistband down looking for a firearm.  "Loot Goblin" mentality is what a lot of individuals have. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Narco said:

I mean that just depends where you live in California, I live in the Bay Area and in Oakland there's kids stealing cars every single day joyriding, robbing people with guns, and so much more and they all just get charged as minors, the only time they really get charged as an adult is for a murder. I believe it's the same in LA, if not worst seeing how big the city is. But I think the primary issue is that there is no juvenile court / juvenile correction facility therefore it just makes 0 sense to have different charges for minors. But yeah I definitely agree with you regarding the under 18 defense. I've personally been to juvenile hall as a kid and the only time I seen someone charged as an adult was for shooting someone. Everyone else really just got sent to youth programs, probation, group homes, even for stabbing someone. But yeah I think the current state of the jail system is the primary reason seeing as there is no juvenile hall facility / youth courts. 

It's not happening to the same degree that it happens ingame is moreso my point but I get what you're saying. Ingame's crime rate is extreme in comparison to real life, hence the more extreme punishments IMO. Theft and robbery isn't as severe though tbf so yeah it makes more sense for juvy in that regard. I'm in Hemet/I.E and it's pretty bad out here as well especially lately (altho not to the degree of shit like san bernaghetto and other places). All that shit's pretty common here though we get a lot more B&Es and thefts/assaults than we do full on robbery or murder. It would definitely be dope to have though since that side of the criminal shit ig does exist, could potentially even spur for more reason for minor RPers not to just go get in shootouts whenever they feel like it. Actual gunfights should have way more weight to them imo rather than petty crimes. Juvy could be a good way to facilitate that for the people that actually keep up some form of standards. More immersion the better as well so its deffo a good idea.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Late said:

I'm not involved in the gang RP side of things, but I can't help but feel like that's ridiculously stupid.

Sadly that's the way it is, I attempted to roleplay on an older character once and they instantly came up to me as I was trying to roleplay with their hood like "who is you?" - a 15 year old

"where you stay at?" - a 15 year old talking to my 32 year old character

And the reason being is because a lot of gang leaders don't want you to be older than them because they feel as if that makes them feel inferior to you, they have to be the "older big homie" in their eyes or else they're less than you. 

41 minutes ago, Jennie said:

I can confirm this, happened with a fresh created char, they didn't even know me enough but invited me to rob because they were bored.

sad that the gangs just want to do is mass shooting and rob randoms, very different from the gang rp I played on Samp.

I had a character that was 2 hours old and someone asked him to murder someone... I can only really list a SMALL FEW factions and groups that know how to conduct Gang RP properly.

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, sCrax said:

The issue is, all of these minor characters are created to be a part of a specific faction. I guarantee you that 90% of factions here would kick you out OOC if you decided to age up by 3-10 years after serving your sentence. That's just the OOC gang culture here. Gangs here aren't about the community but crime and violence. Most leaders here won't even allow you to RP with their faction unless your character is 16 or younger. It's a very tricky dilemma since the sentences here don't really reflect real life sentences. You'll be out in 10 OOC days if you commit a serious felony. If you then age up your character by 5-10 years, how will your gang affiliates and family roleplay around it? They were literally your peers and school mates ten days ago. It's not enough time for them to develop their characters and age up as well. Especially when most people here don't develop their characters at all. The only solution I can see here are longer sentences so your fellow gang members can develop their characters properly on the outside and age up a bit as well. However, factions here don't really have any longevity. If you spend 30 OOC days in prison, majority of your faction members will be gone or will have a new character. If we tried to promote community roleplay more and allow a way for older characters to RP around gang communities, things would be different. However, most of your seasoned veterans that "lead" the way in gang roleplay and have IFM's ear want to roleplay around their old misconceptions about gangs in general and push for hordes of disposable 16 year old cold blooded killers that only do crime and nothing else. 

If anything that you've said here is true, then there's a big mindset issue that IFM needs to address. Really, really needs to address.

You shouldn't be getting kicked for aging your character up. Your character's still from the block, every avenue for development is open and encouraged. Your 15-16 juvenile was caught after a first degree murder. You can't possibly say that it's bad development that you'd age up after a stint in prison. And you can't possibly say that roleplaying as part of one of the prison cars would be bad development.

So what if they leave older than when they came in? If your character ages with sentences, that'd give you an incentive to develop them and open yourself to the illegal community outside of your comfort zone. And so what if your character ends up older than the leadership? Develop into an old OG, integrate the relationships you build in prison with the roleplay you do.

There's so much good roleplay left by the wayside, so many opportunities just ignored by people who just want to essentially void the L of being caught out of fear of having to adjust their concept.

Speaking as someone who's part of the court system, it's plain and simple.

While I'm all for juvenile justice, it only needs people being ready for it. You can't make it a thing widely available for everyone to enjoy, if the majority of them is going to absolutely abuse it. One minute, they go blockwipe with an AK and act like they're the hardest of the hardest, but once they're in cuffs, they complain on /b, asking why police would do these things to a kid or just go with the bog standard "/me is 14", to try and invoke sympathy.

A juvenile justice system can very easily be implemented, but only under the condition that those (M) bangers are forced to RP aging up if they get sentenced for committing serious felonies such as armed robbery etc.

But we all know that's wishful thinking, so anyone claiming to be the opposite of what I mentioned above is going to be stuck with this simple resolution to the issue.

• Upvote 3

speaking also as a judge in JSA, no, no juvenile system, when kids can block wipe entire streets with automatics they deserve to get the whole book thrown at them. M character's are already a cry for special treatment and 'ima  kid uwu"

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Boland said:

speaking also as a judge in JSA, no, no juvenile system, when kids can block wipe entire streets with automatics they deserve to get the whole book thrown at them. M character's are already a cry for special treatment and 'ima  kid uwu"

That's a different circumstance, murder is way different than a juvenile stealing a candy bar, a purse or a car, or simple battery / assault. 

5 hours ago, Airwalk said:

While I'm all for juvenile justice, it only needs people being ready for it. You can't make it a thing widely available for everyone to enjoy, if the majority of them is going to absolutely abuse it. One minute, they go blockwipe with an AK and act like they're the hardest of the hardest, but once they're in cuffs, they complain on /b, asking why police would do these things to a kid or just go with the bog standard "/me is 14", to try and invoke sympathy.

A juvenile justice system can very easily be implemented, but only under the condition that those (M) bangers are forced to RP aging up if they get sentenced for committing serious felonies such as armed robbery etc.

But we all know that's wishful thinking, so anyone claiming to be the opposite of what I mentioned above is going to be stuck with this simple resolution to the issue.

Murder most of the time gets juveniles charged as adults in almost every state, even California. I'm speaking more of non-violent crimes or simple battery. 

6 hours ago, Airwalk said:

you have to consider, in real life. If you blockwipe with an AK, judges will be most likely to force you being charged as adult rather than kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic