Lower punching damage for (M) characters

Fireworks

A 16+ year old can absolutely beat the crap out of a 18 or 25 year old. Age isn't just "a magical muscle gainer", keep in mind that it's all about character portrayal at the end of the day and 16 years isn't that much of a difference in terms of age between 16 and 18 so it's not like your body just goes "WOOP I'm 18 now, I can go toe-to-toe and have a chance against any other adult because I'm a big boy now!".

I don't play (M), but if you RP a 16 year old that uses drugs, who's always outside, doesn't have enough money or the possibility to realistically sit down in peace to eat two to three balanced meals a day because opps is always around the corner, and the only workout you're getting is running from the cops and lifting up your gun, then yeah. You're not going to stand a chance against any other well-nurished, gym-going, trained adult. But how about adults actually? Well it's the exact same and it's all about lifestyle and how your character treats their body at the end of the day. Character portrayal. Nothing is set in stone.

This post is yet another proof that enough people just don't care about character portrayal for it to warrant these posts, and proper RP overall, and it becomes a big enough concern for these posts to be made under different shapes and colors. Adding this would just put the good players at a scripted disadvantage regardless of how well they may RP and portray their character, it'd be drawing yet another line and mean more rules like "If you play as X, you cannot do Y." Which shouldn't be the case on a server where people are expected to roleplay correctly from the get-go.

In my opinion, we should have less rules restricting people's RP choices, and more rules that clearly define general server RP standards for player interaction (not RP scenarios!) which we lack currently, rules that define how to properly interact with each other with /mes, how to properly do character portrayal, things that are not necessarily common sense for everyone in order to set a baseline for the quality of RP the server expects from people and not restricting what they choose to do with their characters.

We can't just rely solely on common courtesy and common sense for each of the rules, especially those that are not written yet applied. And rule 0 is a thing and it's valid, but rule 0 shouldn't be an excuse for the general lack of detail as to what the server expects from people in terms of how they RP with one another.

Ultimately even with this in place, people who do not care will simply continue to not care and only further contribute to the problem, and people who do care will be punished for not being visible enough and will not make a difference, which will make these posts a never-ending occurrence because the problem is again, not a certain type of RP like (M) players, or illegal, or legal, or LEO, or whatever, but rather how different people approach RP in general. The definition of RP, and consequently Heavy RP for one player isn't going to be the same for another, which is why properly explained and detailed rules, especially around server-specific RP are important.

Edited by Mistery14

This, as a suggestion, is a bandaid. But using that as an argument against anything is stupid.

Bandaids fix bleeding. They might not fix anything long-term, but they're a better hold-over until you get to the hospital to get stitches.

The staff team can only do so much trauma surgery if there's absolutely /nothing/ in placed to stem the bleeding before it gets in the doors.

Like it or not, if someone gets into a situation with another person, and that person breaks the rules, but they still end up winning the situation, they're far less likely to report it because it's less worth their time.

These bandaids are already present throughout the server. Hunting rifle doesn't do good damage to players. Automatic /ame when pulling a gun. Limitation of /fix(syntax) commands (fixrevive, loc, veh). None of these would have to exist if we took abuse on a 'case by case basis' but it's so unbelievably rampant that you either put a few bandages on or bleed out. 

Also to the guy that suggested lowering it for women:
way to miss the point, ratio, + show me squads of models going around antagonizing full-grown men into fights. Not the issue. Make your own suggestion. 

• Upvote 1
On 7/5/2022 at 8:36 AM, DLimit said:

This.

It isn't relative to age as much as it is relative to skill and training. A 30 year-old that drinks beer all day and doesn't hit the gym would struggle to compete against a 16 year-old that fights on a daily basis and probably programs with the older heads.

As L.A. said, maybe reserve it to 13-15 year-olds.

I very much agree brother! Because every (M) in this server regularly trains for MMA and hits the gym for 3 hours every day(ghetto kids, mind you)! At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Makes sense to me, please do not buff (M) characters. Instead, lower the punching dmg for 30 year olds who don't hit the gym.

• Upvote 1

Thoroughly agree. It is absurd even with those minor characters who attempt to assault a custody deputy who has had months of training. Once more, I'm referring about those minor characters, who essentially never received any training. Additionally, even because you can beat up your neighborhood homies does not mean you can beat up a cop.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:56 AM, Muerta said:

Amanda Nunes and females from Detroit would knock you out 

why don't i knock you out, huh???

3 hours ago, JaydenMohamed said:

Thoroughly agree. It is absurd even with those minor characters who attempt to assault a custody deputy who has had months of training. Once more, I'm referring about those minor characters, who essentially never received any training. Additionally, even because you can beat up your neighborhood homies does not mean you can beat up a cop.

cops get their ass beat by teenagers all the time irl dude. that's why they shoot them lmao

OT: 

No. I'm not a huge fan of minor characters, but more often than not, 15-17 year old gangbangers will absolutely beat the shit out of the 25-30 year old suburbanite douchebag that's provoking them.

Maybe if they're under like...fourteen. Fighting has almost NOTHING to do with age.

If you actually support this suggestion, it honestly takes away from your credibility as a roleplayer. It's that poor of a suggestion. It has no basis in reality or fairness.

• Upvote 1

As much as I support this I believe that we should just be holding minor characters more accountable towards not roleplaying fear. I think all this will do will make players want to roleplay someone 18 instead of 17 just for the damage boost. Although I do believe this should change for female characters as it makes 0 logical sense of how a female could potentially be stronger than a male (unless she works out at the gym on the daily and trains which almost nobody really does on the server in a rp manner outside of the guys who do the whole fighting UFC scene. ) - not being sexist it's just common sense, same with the trans woman that was in the female olympics bracket 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/08/02/laurel-hubbard-becomes-openly-first-trans-woman-compete-olympics/5451329001/ 

Edited by Narco