Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

See where I am getting at? Guns and Management are not the problem, players are. And always were the problem here. They way they are roleplaying is the problem here.

Fix that first.

FiX pLaYeR mEnTaLiTy FiRsT

You do realize how ridiculous that sounds right? How do you plan on doing that? Milk and cookies? Forum speeches? 

You can fix player behavior through active and proper enforcement of rules that ensure a good playing environment. You’re not going to change player mentality without management taking an active role in doing so. This is an RP community with people who play according to standards set by the server. Poor standards? Poor RP environment. Players aren’t going to just to wake up and change their mentality. Let’s be real here. 

Vigilantes are a product of the standards set and what’s been allowed because we are a “teaching” community now. People given far too many verbal warnings. Long-standing players not appropriately banned for breaking rules. It’s a product of the system. Players will adhere to what they are allowed to get away with. You're not changing this. Management must step up. 

Edited by Brofessor
12 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well I must admit, I don'y do either, because I rp my characters like that. If it's a mugging, my characters will simply comply. However I cannot add every mugging, robbery and car theft to my character's storybook, cause I wouldn't write about anything else at times. It isn't that bad. I encourage people to spend more times outdoors. Sure there is always a high chance someone will rob you or something, but that's server reality we have to live with. I simply accepted it. 

Very sad words to read, even more given this is a VIDEOGAME.

I am not planning any time soon to accept any sad realities in a videogame. I am here to have fun and roleplay. In that order, without breaking rules.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Peak. said:

It takes 5 to 10 minutes.

It gatekeeps from mass DM and everyone having a firearm. This is a roleplay server if you don't wish to partake in the administration side theres plenty of servers where you spawn with a gun.

This is such a stupid statement.

[14:29:38] Admin Hood permanently Rockstar banned Adrian Caraene for reason: [Multiple instances of PG with only 3 hours playtime, not RPing crashes, opening fire at police mid pursuit without any RP, and abuse of /changechar to evade.]

Dude has an illegal firearm with 3 hours playtime. CCWs have a minimum hour requirement of 40 and you need to have a PF first anyway which literally allows you to buy guns.

• Applaud 2
21 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Very sad words to read, even more given this is a VIDEOGAME.

I am not planning any time soon to accept any sad realities in a videogame. I am here to have fun and roleplay. In that order, without breaking rules.

Sad words indeed. I can simply treat the city as ghost recon survival mode, but that way ppl wouldnt even see who shot them and from where. Also to cope with this, I give muggers rp and items they want but as soon as its done my char is on about their business, like mmo npcs.

Edited by Engelbert
20 hours ago, Coburn said:

Server has the crime rate of every city in the world put together and we have to justify carrying a handgun to protect ourselves from minors with assault rifles.

Coburn gets it.

I'm not going to get into the political elements of the real life supreme court ruling, just what we know of the game world. If we're going to try to link things up 1:1 with real life laws vs the game world we'll drive ourselves crazy.

Los Santos is a cess pool of crime, gangs and other terrible stuff. Gangs run rampant and are armed to the teeth. People are literally robbing 24/7 stores with off duty SWAT cops in them so they can take their guns (observed this first hand). Protection is 100% a legitimate justification for more firearms. The deck is stacked against your average citizen and seems to be a bit of a concern to many people; the CCW barrier is just another card to the deck.

The argument "more guns doesn't add more RP value" and "it's just going to put more guns out there and make things worse" seems a bit disingenuous to me. RP value is subjective. Maybe it does add RP to people who RP gun experts, shop owners, people that want to go target shooting, etc. What about the RP of a new gun owner learning the ropes? Open up CCW and you're likely going to get more of this type of RP. It's disingenuous in the fact that almost every criminal already has one. So, the worst of society already has the guns, but if we allow the civilians to have them, that's a problem? CCW opens it up to law abiding people wanting to protect themselves. Seems more like people want to lock civilian characters down, while gang types are free to do as they wish. Civilians need at least a fighting chance (or the illusion of such).

As far as realism argument, from what I've seen thus far there seems to be selective realism. We're hyper realistic about some things but then realism seems to go out the door on other things. I don't think allowing easier access to firearms for civilians hurts the realism factor at all. I would argue the city not acknowledging the completely out-of-this-world crime rate and NOT letting citizens protect themselves from it is more unrealistic than anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
13 minutes ago, oliviarav3n said:

Coburn gets it.

I'm not going to get into the political elements of the real life supreme court ruling, just what we know of the game world. If we're going to try to link things up 1:1 with real life laws vs the game world we'll drive ourselves crazy.

Los Santos is a cess pool of crime, gangs and other terrible stuff. Gangs run rampant and are armed to the teeth. People are literally robbing 24/7 stores with off duty SWAT cops in them so they can take their guns (observed this first hand). Protection is 100% a legitimate justification for more firearms. The deck is stacked against your average citizen and seems to be a bit of a concern to many people; the CCW barrier is just another card to the deck.

The argument "more guns doesn't add more RP value" and "it's just going to put more guns out there and make things worse" seems a bit disingenuous to me. RP value is subjective. Maybe it does add RP to people who RP gun experts, shop owners, people that want to go target shooting, etc. What about the RP of a new gun owner learning the ropes? Open up CCW and you're likely going to get more of this type of RP. It's disingenuous in the fact that almost every criminal already has one. So, the worst of society already has the guns, but if we allow the civilians to have them, that's a problem? CCW opens it up to law abiding people wanting to protect themselves. Seems more like people want to lock civilian characters down, while gang types are free to do as they wish. Civilians need at least a fighting chance (or the illusion of such).

As far as realism argument, from what I've seen thus far there seems to be selective realism. We're hyper realistic about some things but then realism seems to go out the door on other things. I don't think allowing easier access to firearms for civilians hurts the realism factor at all. I would argue the city not acknowledging the completely out-of-this-world crime rate and NOT letting citizens protect themselves from it is more unrealistic than anything.

Say it louder for the people in the back 👏👏👏

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

It's an infinite supply of legal firearms (With monthly restrictions). The point is, you get caught with a legal gun, there's no issues, you get caught with an easily accessed illegal firearm, you get into a bunch of trouble.

Legal firearms are meant to be difficult to obtain, to prevent abuse as well as suitable people obtaining them who don't have the intent to play superhero. 

Not in America they aren t difficult to obtain. Not in a city with so high a crime rate. It makes no sense. Realistically any politician promising to make gun access easier would be instantly elected

4 hours ago, Peak. said:

Sounds like an IC issue with LEOs not fighting gun crime harder?

Whats your solution give every legal character a gun? Whats to say that legal character turns to crime? It already happens with PF/CCW owners, it would likely worsen if an application isn't warranted. LSPD FLD is worth their weight in gold and a tracking of firearms is necessary. Even for a game.

Using your CCW gun for crime would be stupid considering it can be tracked back to you. CCW wielders almost never break the law. I ve seen it maybe once.

2 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Not in America they aren t difficult to obtain. Not in a city with so high a crime rate. It makes no sense. Realistically any politician promising to make gun access easier would be instantly elected

But alas, abortion is more important in Los Santos, a city full of homosexuals compared to gun laws.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Wolfhound said:

But alas, abortion is more important in Los Santos, a city full of homosexuals compared to gun laws.

It s not a bad thing to debate as it creates rp but on a rp server where pregnancy only happens on the player's decision it s a bit of an anticlimactic subject.

• Upvote 1
  • Shanks locked this topic