Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

52 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Using your CCW gun for crime would be stupid considering it can be tracked back to you. CCW wielders almost never break the law. I ve seen it maybe once.

Sir this is a game, anything can happen. The risk of using a firearm IRL versus a game cannot be compared. 

34 minutes ago, Peak. said:

Sir this is a game, anything can happen. The risk of using a firearm IRL versus a game cannot be compared. 

Then by all means, prove your argument. As a LEO roleplayer who spent over 2000 hours on the job I have almost never seen someone misuse their CCW or get arrested for SHAFT code violation. 

Illegal gun owners, on the other hand....

So if your argument is that more legal guns are going to increase DMing, that's absolute bullshit, because a quick look at the report forum shows you it's most frequently illegal gun wielders who break the rules ( both IC and OOC ). You want less DMing? Ask the Admins to do proactive enforcement, harsher punishments for rule breaking and maybe lower the amount of guns that suppliers introduce into the market. But by no means should civilian roleplay suffer because of illegal roleplay. That's simply nonsensical.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Then by all means, prove your argument. As a LEO roleplayer who spent over 2000 hours on the job I have almost never seen someone misuse their CCW or get arrested for SHAFT code violation. 

I have and I've been here since 2018. There have been a lot of people who have blatantly violated SHAFT or misused their CCW, but not everyone gets arrested for it because most people don't even know how to enforce it. 

To use the forum report section as an argument for an IC problem is a little weird. Most people who are law abiding citizens aren't going to find themselves in situations to use their guns on purpose, it's completely reactionary, NATURALLY they will be less likely to be reported for DM. Removal of good cause simply means there is a possibility for more of these self defense cases to possibly occur because more people will be able to have access to these firearms and in turn it'll likely result in more of a likelihood for LEOs to be in situations where they see if people are defending themselves or not. Since this is a game where it's hard to give verbal commands in the moment, most people who are using their CCWs in self defense are PROBABLY going to get shot by the Police. It's pretty correlative. 

4 minutes ago, Jedai said:

To use the forum report section as an argument for an IC problem is a little weird

This isn't an IC problem. If it were an IC problem then the senate could just say " Haha guns for everyone " but I have a feeling an admin's gonna come and say, -OOC-, " Hey you can't do that ".

Don't try to make IC sense of our crime rate, because if we were to apply logic to it, we'd be under martial law and the National Guard would be camped in Davis 24/7.

Civilian roleplay is VICTIM roleplay. There's a reason everyone RPs in interiors now, and it's not because they dislike fresh air. Civilian roleplayers have been robbed and kidnapped so often that it's become a natural occurrence. Not allowing them the tools to defend themselves is monstrous both IC and OOC. It's clear as day that Law agencies do not have any control over the city. The crime rate has been sky high for years.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

This is a game and a virtual server at the end of the day and we will adjust the laws to see fit in order to maintain a balance in-game for us here. This means that not everything ruled on in real life will automatically come in as default here. We have our own laws in regards to weapons and they will likely remain for now unless good reasoning comes into play for both IC and OOC in order for us (LFM) to amend it. The same goes for continuity, I say this a lot, but we are not a 100% replicate of Cali and LA and we will not 100% follow their route. As this is a game and we have to amend things in order for things to both be fair, manageable and a place where people can actually play and enjoy without RL politics and decisions necessarily affecting the game.

And yes, FM will forces specific rules into play and as it stands I believe this one will not be removed, for now, we do not have any reason to remove it. It is in place as a check and will remain there.

• Upvote 1
  • Shanks locked this topic