As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

On 6/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, Nyami said:

Thank you for this very clear explanation! This makes me feel a lot better.

I think this topic can be locked now, unless anybody else feels like it needs to stay open.

If it makes you feel any better, since I first joined in 2020 and have been a regular player, neither of my 4 legal characters so far has been CK'd. - Hell, my illegal characters haven't been CK'd. Both of which were involved with drugs and had close ties with illegal factions.

It's not the most representative example, but it goes to show, a CK is only earned if you either look for it or really happen to be at the wrong place, wrong time, and even that often just results in a PK which doesn't get rid of your character. People have to really want you specifically dead and need to apply for it in most cases, so you'd have to piss some people off a lot.

• 2 months later...

Legal roleplayers aren't exposed to many scenarios which would warrant a CK, maybe except for pulling a gun while having one pointed at you during a robbery! As stated by posters prior, the CKs within the civilian scene usually occur on their own accord, i.e a car crash or some other accident. 

Although I CKed my civilian character once as he got hit by a stray bullet during a shootout when he wasn't the intended target!

I hope this gives you some insight into how it works, but I'm mostly just repeating what others have already said. 😃

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

If you dare to take a walk or a bicycle, you'll be robbed a LOT depending on where your character lives.

I had a poor, white char living in Rancho that only had a bicycle, thinking people from the ghetto wouldn't rob people from their own hood. Boi was I wrong.

The only place you are rarely robbed is the county, because rule prevents so. The city is dangerous as fuck

Hey. So I'm a few months late to this topic, however, I like where it's headed so I just felt I'd add my two cents.

So, I have a character I'm roleplaying strictly legal with the occasional illegal touches (like substance usage - not abuse). Of course, there's no such thing as a strictly legal individual. Therefore I decided to give my character some illegal flaws like smoking. 

Now to the point. I feel if your character is strictly legal and doesn't bother to get into people's business, then you should have very little to fear. I've seen topics on here only outlining robberies as a means to be CKd. I just want to say, your character can be CKd based on anything if we're thinking realistically here. 

Let me give you an example, if you have a character that's always in someone else's business and never his or her own - they CONSTANTLY instigate but never involve themselves directly. After a while, it would be logical to think that they'd become an issue to others. That's just a little example.

But honestly, if you are doing your thing, you shouldn't have much to fear about permakills.  

That's just my two cents.

• Wuhtah locked this topic