The issue with forum reports...

PeopleKind

9 hours ago, Groz said:

Takes long when people submit 20000 words despite it being a 250 word limit.

That however is 100% the fault of (some) in the staff who decide to take such reports on despite the report itself being a rulebreak.

"Excuse me for going over the word limit but I have to explain" as opening phrase is by now definitely overused- and the sole reason it IS used frequently is that such reports, despite as mentioned condoning a breach of rules themselves, are taken on and the reporters' (knowing and intentional) break of rules gets ignored.

10 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

We are also going to be setting a hard limit for replies (how much you can reply in word count, and how many times you can reply on that specific thread)

That's the only solution (if we leave out staff cracking down on people doing invalid opening posts reports).

From observation anyone can tell that the basic idea of allowing debates there (players hopefully sorting their disagreements out) barely ever happens in the report section- if it does happen, then typically due to people getting over themselves and talking it out off-record (via pm's or discord or whatever comunication channel where one can actually talk opposed to try to convince administrators of the other party's wrongdoing respectively the legitimacy of own actions).

Exceptions happen, but only state that rule- take a glance at 20 (or however many) random reports you have nothing to do with, and you'll find a maximum of 1-2 in that where a reported party's simple explanation clears up a misunderstanding.

The other 18 cases are differing opinions ("X had no right to do Y" vs "I was fully within the limits because") that won't be reconciled by people arguing- moderated debate might happen, but that's not what takes place when people are given room to argue WITHOUT admins observing that minutiously (to moderate where it's evident people just won't agree with each other).

10 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

Everyone thinks it's easy to just hop on after ten hours of work in real life, to just go deal with other people's problems for another four hours until you goto sleep and repeat it.. Remember, our Staff are human as-well and not beep boop robots.

This impression stems from the fact that some reports are taken on immediately- typically due to upfront liaising of a reporting party with administrators off record.

Needless to point out, this part is a compliance-issue in the staff much rather than one that's to blame on reporters- if we're allowed to nag our friend-admins to take on our reports quickly, favouritism is the obvious result (regardless the case-by-case question of reports being valid, invalid or petty- we talk of reporting culture here, after all, not specific cases).

1 hour ago, Coburn said:

If criminalRPers would stop breaking the rules constantly, admins wouldn't have such a workload.

Tbh it's not always petty reports over criminal stuff. :x

It's stuff reported by people who had literally nothing to do with the situation - there's an ongoing one right now.

There's people reporting over what /clearly/ was a sync problem, such as "HE DESTROYED MY CAR AND CLAIMS IT'S DESYNC BUT HE'S A BAD RP'ER BAN HIM 10 YEARS" while the video clearly shows, the scene obviously hadn't streamed yet for the reported person.

There's people reported because they "didn't properly RP their firearm" even though it was caused by the well-known and stupid "/ame reaches for a weapon" bug that triggers when you exit a vehicle.

There's even a METAGAMING REPORT because someone farted in /me and it "the smell was metagamed and not roleplayed appropriately". 

The issue is, most of those situations come from some sort of inability to communicate with other human beings.

Like, with the car crashes? A simple "Heya! Just poking you because I saw your car blast through mine in a street 😛 Did you see it? ^^" PM. One sentence, you could eliminate an entire report. 

33 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

The issue is, most of those situations come from some sort of inability to communicate with other human beings.

Like, with the car crashes? A simple "Heya! Just poking you because I saw your car blast through mine in a street 😛 Did you see it? ^^" PM. One sentence, you could eliminate an entire report.

I've seen several reports like this one and usualy they stem from the responding party going "FUCK YOU BITCH I DIDNT HIT ANYONE, GET YOUR EYES CHECKED RETARD"

Just allow the defendant party to post 1 reply and then the reporting party another reply after that. Admin closes then open expecting teams to post any further evidence, if no evidence is forwarded they just wait for the veredict. I think giving the support role the right to close these threads after the first reply and wait on admins is the best bet.

6 hours ago, Coburn said:

If criminalRPers would stop breaking the rules constantly, admins wouldn't have such a workload.

dont make this thread crim v civ, its nonsense crims report civs and crims report crims the same way civs report civs, stop trying to push a narative because its stupid and going to derail the thread. 

Stop making reports when you've lost nothing, a lot of "reports" could be solved with a simple PM to the other party and talking about whatever the issue is instead of going to a report because you can

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1) Put a hard limit on the initial report in terms of how many characters or words can be used. Its easy to use a word counter to double check if it looks long. If it goes over, let support members lock and archive it after informing the original poster to resubmit the report under the limit. Do not make exceptions. You give people an inch, they'll take a mile.

2) Reports should be taken in the order they were submitted. There should be an Admin or group of Admins put in charge of making sure reports are handled in a timely manner. If an Admin picks up a report and then it goes untouched, the team should ping that specific Admin or assign another Admin to handle the report. This whole thing where an Admin just picks and chooses shouldn't be allowed. Too often an Admin takes a report, then "forgets" about it and so much time has passed, the report is just closed with no action taken.

3) Don't allow any responses until an Administrator has picked up the report. If the reported party thinks there is a misunderstanding, reach out to the reporting party via PM's and try to clear it up. This allows the administrator to read through the initial report and then prepare questions and allow responses.

4) If the reported party does not respond in 48 hours, conclude the report without them. Stop giving people leeway.

5) Allow admins to hand out harsher punishments rather than slapping people on the wrist with verbal warnings and second chances over and over. Issue temp bans not verbal warnings. The amount of repeat offenders in the reports at certain times is laughable. I've heard several times that Admins don't do this because people report the Admin, appeal the decision and more often than not it gets overturned because we're all about second chances here.

Edited by Brofessor
28 minutes ago, DONALDTRUMPFROMFLATS said:

dont make this thread crim v civ, its nonsense crims report civs and crims report crims the same way civs report civs, stop trying to push a narative because its stupid and going to derail the thread. 

Stop making reports when you've lost nothing, a lot of "reports" could be solved with a simple PM to the other party and talking about whatever the issue is instead of going to a report because you can

Look at the reports currently up.

It's either someone who got shot

Someone who got robbed

Someone who got scammed

A few common courtesy.

It is DEFINITELY an issue with the illegal roleplay community.

• Thanks 1
  • dawpi locked this topic