Where are the truckers?

ZaE

We are active it is just that we have some problems with a lot of issues I will will list below:

- We are getting attack on a constant basis. Started to truck two days with my IC Friend then after the 7th or 9th delivery we were almost robbed but thank goodness we got away.

- Still robberies is a problem on some routes.

- Bad Drivers. A lot of new truckers are very impatient and are not here to RP. Example some businesses have difficult unloading areas hence there is no space for more than two trucks and then the impatient truckers either ram our trucks or start IC drama while the person is unloading.

- Burnouts due to driving the same truck over and over again why dont we get trailers or at least increase crate storage. because each Pounder holds 20 crates but why not more. I have timed my deliveries for some routes it takes 10 drops off every hour. Which is 200 crates. Hence it is not feasible for some business to be filled like Auto Shops that consumes a lot of crates.

- Some Business owners don't put up orders. There is a phone shop in Little Seoul that doesn't have any components because either it is not owned or the business owner hasn't ordered any hence it doesn't show up in our system when trucking.

-Interface problems- It is hard to find certain orders for an example our convoy had problems because while we are delivering the goods some truckers couldn't find the correct order as there is no search options or filters on the truck system.

-Burnouts in the lower ranks due being limited to drive a Speedo, Boxvill and Mules for long time before unlocking the Bensons and Pounders - What I mean is it takes forever to get a Pounder. Most start with the speedos then it goes up. It takes 500 deliveries to unlock a Pounder. For me it took like around 3 to 4 months. But that is because I took a month break from playing. For some around a month or two. 

- Trolling and other random BS on the roads.

- I don't like to put this here but it is true there is no appreciation from the community. ( Same Issue in RL and in IC funny enough).

- Most truckers have their favorite routes. I have heard a lot of truckers have their picks. Due to a multiple of reasons not only due to the shortest route. Some pick due to good parking or unloading area. Some pick due to belief certain areas have less crime rates and some pick because it is close to the Highway. 

Edited by Jam888

- People attacked truckers.

- People attack those who open businesses different from the ones we always see.

- People attacked the players who were RP'ng in MP parking lot.

Those same people right now need truckers, wonder why there are only bars and clubs on the server and why there are no rp hubs.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Jam888 said:

- Most truckers have their favorite routes. I have heard a lot of truckers have their picks. Due to a multiple of reasons not only due to the shortest route. Some pick due to good parking or unloading area. Some pick due to belief certain areas have less crime rates and some pick because it is close to the Highway. 

That's actually pretty true ^^ I had a "favorite" route like that, the gas station run. Gas stations were usually ignored back then, which meant it was a rather chill road with little traffic, sometimes you came across the occasional 24/7 clerk to chat with for a bit when buying a coffee, ... not profitable but somewhat relaxing. A few people at BWL also have such routes 🙂

Right now I usually prioritize the oldest orders, did a run this afternoon to try and clear orders older than 14 days. Not always easy though 😕 

It is sometimes the case that components can be an issue. I was on one of my characters looking to buy a Wiwang alarm, and visited every single store on the map only to find them either locked or out of components. In the end I was fortunate that an administrator came to my aid, but it was a frustrating experience as a consumer, not least of all because visiting every store in a state is not what I would consider realistic. So sure, I agree that not everybody will be happy with the system due to experiences they have, but It's certainly understandable as to why it's designed in the manner it's designed. Infinite stock has ramifications to the economy. Removing the dynamics of live demand from businesses removed the unexpected nature of trucking, and makes it a mini-game, not a genuinely roleplayable experience. There will always be checks and balances. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the system, it's just like buses IRL. None come for thirty minutes and they all arrive at once.

• Upvote 1

You know first off we should stop calling it trucking when.in reality it's far from trucking as It's more like a courier job like Fedex or UPS.

Most of trucking IRL is drybox trailers and just doing dock to dock. The type of trucking we have is just not trucking. Honestly the trucking system in LS RP wasn't actually bad. There was a lot of oocly owned industries that produced goods needed in order to produce crates and materials to end up with a.final product. We need something similar and more engaging than spamming loading and unloading crates.

The new trucking system was flawed from the start and honestly super boring and not designed around roleplay. It's really hard to get a trucking job to engage in roleplay but I think its something that can be done. But having businesses penalized because of a lack of truckers isn't a good idea. Honestly if trailer sync would work then we could have proper trucking. And if any devs are listening maybe talk to real truck drivers that actually knows what trucking is before you design something.

Illegal trucking could be something nice too to engage with more roleplay. When I mean illegal trucking I don't mean smuggling drugs or firearms but having the option of carrying more weight than you are legally allowed to. That could be cool.

• Applaud 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 2:55 PM, Planters80mm said:

having the option of carrying more weight than you are legally allowed to. That could be cool.

That would be great but honestly? It would be an absolute disaster. Everyone, and I mean everyone would start doing it to get more money. Even if it's a meaningless amount, add that up on top of hundreds/thousands of transports and you got something more you otherwise wouldn't have had.

And the only way to combat this is "random" checks by the Port Authority which would mean some people would start to lose time, a lot of time, in which they could make money, by generating tense and unwelcomed RP scenarios which will lead people to both overloading again to make up for the lost time and money, while also complaining and not enjoying themselves. It's super easy to predict.

1 hour ago, Mahitto said:

That would be great but honestly? It would be an absolute disaster. Everyone, and I mean everyone would start doing it to get more money. Even if it's a meaningless amount, add that up on top of hundreds/thousands of transports and you got something more you otherwise wouldn't have had.

And the only way to combat this is "random" checks by the Port Authority which would mean some people would start to lose time, a lot of time, in which they could make money, by generating tense and unwelcomed RP scenarios which will lead people to both overloading again to make up for the lost time and money, while also complaining and not enjoying themselves. It's super easy to predict.

This. 90% of trucking was already illegal trucking anyway because people were zooming around Los Santos at 100mph, and often done by a bunch of people who wore Masks to hide their identity while they did it, either to avoid cops or to avoid being shamed for presenting as a millionaire baller while delivering jeans to Binco.

• Wuhtah locked this topic