PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

7 minutes ago, redis said:

its cause everytime i call a taxi very rarely anyone responds so i usually just assume no one's gonna respond 

Assuming you play in less than peak hours, I can see this happening. But when I play there's drivers who simply can't type fast enough to accept a call. 

No offense to taxi’s, but we live in the age of Uber and Lyft. We should stop clinging to the outdated taxi job and extend the script / income support so that we can have an expansion of the job to private car services, using other vehicles for ride shares, etc. Then we can have a choice of both taxi and private rideshare vehicles. 

Edited by Cypher99
1 minute ago, Cypher99 said:

No offense to taxi’s, but we live in the age of Uber and Lyft. We should stop clinging to the taxi job and extend the script / income support so that we can have an expansion of the job to private car services, using other vehicles for ride shares, etc.

just cause we have ubers mean that we've to put taxis out of business, irl you have both ubers and taxis aswell. plus irl private car services are mainly used by the younger generation, the older generation/millennials still mainly use taxis. so for example, if you're rping a 35 years old char, it'd make more sense calling a cab than an uber.

3 minutes ago, redis said:

just cause we have ubers mean that we've to put taxis out of business, irl you have both ubers and taxis aswell. plus irl private car services are mainly used by the younger generation, the older generation/millennials still mainly use taxis. so for example, if you're rping a 35 years old char, it'd make more sense calling a cab than an uber.

I agree, that’s why I said we should “extend” the support outside of just taxi vehicles. I didn’t mean to imply to get rid of taxis altogether. I live near Charlotte and see both taxis and Uber/Lyft vehicles side by side all the time. I have edited it to be more clear. 

Edited by Cypher99

Taxi drivers absolutely have no regards for traffic rules. I don't want to get into an accident when calling a taxi to go from point A to point B. About two weeks ago, one drove out of a parking lot without even looking around and got T-boned right in front of me. I'd rather not. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, redis said:

the older generation/millennials still mainly use taxis. so for example, if you're rping a 35 years old char, it'd make more sense calling a cab than an uber.

At least where I live in the States, this is just blatantly not true. Some states/cities regulate Rideshare programs to where you need a TLC license to even operate as an Uber/Lyft drive, thus phasing out a lot of taxi companies. That doesn't necessarily mean Taxis don't exist, they're just not the primary form of transportation when people need a ride.

13 minutes ago, Jedai said:

At least where I live in the States, this is just blatantly not true. Some states/cities regulate Rideshare programs to where you need a TLC license to even operate as an Uber/Lyft drive, thus phasing out a lot of taxi companies. That doesn't necessarily mean Taxis don't exist, they're just not the primary form of transportation when people need a ride.

idk how you measured it but i'm talking factual statistics and logic aswell, not hard to put 2n2 together

wjRrLoK.png

ref

2 minutes ago, redis said:

idk how you measured it but i'm talking factual statistics and logic aswell, not hard to put 2n2 together

wjRrLoK.png

ref

Because most people in their 30s are likely driving and have no need for a ride share service and we're forgetting that most Urban cities have decent mass transit infrastructures such as buses and trains. My point which is based on the observation of living in a big city is that saying people are more likely to use Taxis because they're 35 and older is just not true when the server itself can not replicate a thriving mass transit system that a lot of those people use. 

Players get a rentable vehicle when starting out which really takes out of taxi utilization. The prime time to use the taxi system should be when you don't have a vehicle and that just doesn't happen. Also it goes both ways imo, there's been times I've tried to call a cab with 20+ drivers on with no response.

• Wuhtah locked this topic