PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

14 hours ago, Florida said:

I have never in my adult life ever used a taxi in NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, Tampa, or any major city. 

Rideshare like Uber or Lyft should be added.

The problem with giving script support for a ride share type job means you split the already LOW DEMAND for taxi in half or worse.

Players already struggle to get taxis (apparently), and taxi drivers already struggle to get jobs sometimes. I don't think it would be in players interest or peoples interest doing the job to split that demand. You're also going to run into the issue of people doing ride share in elegy's and sultans and just other cringey things.

Giving taxi/rideshare companies a landline for direct bookings, the same system that G6 uses would be much more beneficial. Companies can then promote themselves ICly via ads etc but you should not add a script support for a ride share job. 

Edited by Late
On 1/26/2022 at 5:19 PM, Inked said:

Fuck taxis, just build a system that lets people become rideshare drivers, a system of transactions for those, and yeet this archaic $X per second script from 2008. Won't nearly fix all the problems with taxis, as others have outlined, but will help in conjunction with those. 

this

42 minutes ago, Late said:

The problem with giving script support for a ride share type job means you split the already LOW DEMAND for taxi in half or worse.

Players already struggle to get taxis (apparently), and taxi drivers already struggle to get jobs sometimes. I don't think it would be in players interest or peoples interest doing the job to split that demand. You're also going to run into the issue of people doing ride share in elegy's and sultans and just other cringey things.

Giving taxi/rideshare companies a landline for direct bookings, the same system that G6 uses would be much more beneficial. Companies can then promote themselves ICly via ads etc but you should not add a script support for a ride share job. 

Rideshare should be a thing but it should require the 5k taxi license

My opinion on this kind of collides with everything that's being said, because I think that the worst offenders in this situation are rental/starter cars.

Everyone can just get a car when they start out, no license required, nada. It's ridiculous law-wise because you need a license if you want to travel via the roads in any vehicle, excluding bicycles.

I think giving people 200k to start off with is already enough, the fact that people also get starter cars screws over the taxi drivers. Considering how the server is right now I think that renting cars should be privatized, kind of how you can lease a vehicle via the UCP but on a less permanent contract, maybe daily or weekly. It will also create new roleplay possibilities and what not.

23 hours ago, Junx said:

Rideshare should be a thing but it should require the 5k taxi license

So what would "Rideshare" bring that taxis aren't already providing? Today I've roleplayed for 5 hours as a taxi, not a single call came in. Taxi's provide a certain immersion and aesthetic in regards to public transportation on the server. People driving sport cars and who knows what around as public transportation destroys that sense of immersion. Getting a taxi license is not hard or expensive, what separates people just spamming this service is the fact that you have to own or rent a taxi to perform it, which brings balance and separates the people that put effort into it from people that would do it for the luls.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Rasta said:

So what would "Rideshare" bring that taxis aren't already providing? Today I've roleplayed for 5 hours as a taxi, not a single call came in. Taxi's provide a certain immersion and aesthetic in regards to public transportation on the server. People driving sport cars and who knows what around as public transportation destroys that sense of immersion. Getting a taxi license is not hard or expensive, what separates people just spamming this service is the fact that you have to own or rent a taxi to perform it, which brings balance and separates the people that put effort into it from people that would do it for the luls.

This is what i'm trying to convey in my posts.

"Rideshare" is just a a taxi that you book in advance on an app... kind of like how we use /taxi !?! We effectively have rideshare already. It's already been ruled that customers names, exact location and phone numbers are all given to the driver ICly when they use /taxi (or use the phone app). The only difference is we're restricted to what vehicle we use. Uber's (at least in HERE) are so plastered with stickers and branded in liveries they look like taxi's anyway. 

People calling for a separate ride share with script support are just going to take the low demand and split it in two. If you want to create your own ride share company, then you should do it with the marketing tools you already have available by using /ads and with private bookings etc. I do support landlines for businesses being more readily available like the system G6 uses.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:19 PM, Inked said:

Fuck taxis, just build a system that lets people become rideshare drivers, a system of transactions for those, and yeet this archaic $X per second script from 2008. Won't nearly fix all the problems with taxis, as others have outlined, but will help in conjunction with those. 

We had that. People were using ads to request Ubers. It was a great way of getting random passive RP. But the server leadership banned that shit for some reason.

1 hour ago, Late said:

This is what i'm trying to convey in my posts.

"Rideshare" is just a a taxi that you book in advance on an app... kind of like how we use /taxi !?! We effectively have rideshare already. It's already been ruled that customers names, exact location and phone numbers are all given to the driver ICly when they use /taxi (or use the phone app). The only difference is we're restricted to what vehicle we use. Uber's (at least in HERE) are so plastered with stickers and branded in liveries they look like taxi's anyway. 

People calling for a separate ride share with script support are just going to take the low demand and split it in two. If you want to create your own ride share company, then you should do it with the marketing tools you already have available by using /ads and with private bookings etc. I do support landlines for businesses being more readily available like the system G6 uses.

I can't  figure from your post if you're for or against Rideshare. :D

Anyways the fact is that very much can change when or how often people call for taxis, some do it cause they enjoy the roleplay, some do it because they need to get somewhere without the hassle of using a car but the fact that remains is that you cannot fix this without degrading other QoL systems. (Rental system etc.)

Taxi's are fine IMO but I do want to see the fare script removed to encourage roleplay in regards to fares.

Edited by Rasta
Fares*

I tried it one day during peak hours just as an experiment. I made an ad every 10 minutes (platinum) for a ride share service being available for almost 6 hours. Guess how many calls I got? Big fat goose egg. Zero. Now I know for sure the problem is not with the type of the service, it’s with the fact that no one uses the services. Other elements of the script and gameplay have rendered taxis and similar rideshare cars utterly useless. People just aren’t going to portray being without a car when money and script support make it too easy to have one. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic