PSA: Call more cabs!!!

perkele

So the purpose of this isn't to find a solution or answers. It's more of a rant. So here goes:

I created a Taxi Driver alt to enjoy some casual RP. The map is huge and, depending on what you RP, you might not bump into many characters. As a taxi driver you can literally pick up anyone. And that's what draws me to it. It's some casual RP and it's a bit of income.

My issue is: not enough people utilise us Taxi drivers! I usually use this character out with peak times so I'm 100% not expecting calls every single minute but I can sometimes go paychecks without even getting a call! And then there's a few taxi's on duty so it's a race to type the command in the fastest and get the call.

In my opinion this issue stems from a few things. The ability to buy a car for a couple hundred as soon as you spawn in at the airport doesn't help matters. I understand the size of the map and convenience and it's a game... but it's an RP server too.

The major issue I feel is people rolepaying going out for drinks to bars and clubs. Clubs and bars are littered with cars outside them with everyone drinking inside and nobody is calling cabs!! Drunk drivers everywhere!

TL;DR

Enhance your RP! Call a cab! It's not even that expensive!

• Upvote 1

Main issue is with people that abuse /vget and /fixveh. There is no need to call a cab when you can literally teleport your vehicle to you by typing one command. Then you have people that simply /changechar and spawn at their apartment when they are without a vehicle. 

• Upvote 2

mid last year (june to august) i did a lot of taxi driving because there wasn't much else to do

very enjoyable, apart from the taxi robberies/kidnappings which are a non issue since the rule addition

i've tried taxi duty in recent months and it's all changed, hardly anyone requests a taxi unfortunately

People would just rather use their own car and there are few people who don’t RP having a car. It’s the nature of the game and convenience. I am in no way justifying it and I wish more people used taxis, but…. You have to change player mentality and I’m not sure how that can be done. 

Yes please, I had my character who's new in town with hardly any work experience RP as an Uber driver, and you'd have to have the command pre typed or copied on your clipboard to even get a chance of being the one to take a taxi call. There's way too many drivers and not enough people who call. 

I always try to call cabs instead of /fixveh, but 9/10 the taxi that arrives is either;

• A new player simply grinding cash but has no idea where anything is.
  • A troll stereotype indian or arab character that is borderline racist with how they RP.
  • Someone that cares more about money than RP and drives like this is a remake of fucking Crazy Taxi.

-_C7oEdioMJaIM9_GTPzgCUHg_VCev4RriIpnl5C7V3z_6PIgRDIuYQPzbvRtpYxRxM=w412-h220-rw'

I'd love to take taxi's more but until the issues above are fixed, it's just not worth the IQ loss.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, sCrax said:

Main issue is with people that abuse /vget and /fixveh. There is no need to call a cab when you can literally teleport your vehicle to you by typing one command. Then you have people that simply /changechar and spawn at their apartment when they are without a vehicle. 

This and airport lease vehicles.

Fuck taxis, just build a system that lets people become rideshare drivers, a system of transactions for those, and yeet this archaic $X per second script from 2008. Won't nearly fix all the problems with taxis, as others have outlined, but will help in conjunction with those. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic