Liquor Stores sell bigger varieties

Selu

On 12/1/2021 at 5:47 PM, Ink said:

Liquor stores have refused time and time again over the course of the last two years to purchase products to sell from breweries (unless it's generic crafted liquor which turns into the generic liquor they sell). Every liquor store I have ever approached (about 8 different liquor stores) has been entirely unwilling to engage in the roleplay of purchasing actual branded products from breweries to resell--why would they? It just cuts into their margins and creates more work for them to sell from their script.

In response to this, liquor stores dont have the capability of re-selling the product they buy... 

Item Cost Components Component Cost Profit
Beer  $       80.00 8  $                 48.00  $             32.00
Cider  $     100.00 10  $                 60.00  $             40.00
Wine  $     250.00 25  $               150.00  $           100.00
Whiskey  $     170.00 17  $               102.00  $             68.00
Tequila  $     160.00 16  $                 96.00  $             64.00
Rum  $     190.00 19  $               114.00  $             76.00
Champagne  $     470.00 47  $               282.00  $           188.00
Vodka  $     150.00 15  $                 90.00  $             60.00
Absinthe  $     150.00 15  $                 90.00  $             60.00
Sake  $     140.00 14  $                 84.00  $             56.00
Brandy  $     170.00 17  $               102.00  $             68.00
Gin  $     160.00 16  $                 96.00  $             64.00

Owning a liquor store myself, I will tell you I make LITTLE to no profit owning it and spend MORE MONEY OUT OF POCKET to keep it going. I WISH I could buy product from brewers and resell it, I wish I could sell specific products but the fact of the matter is, no one can buy anything from my store unless I am working there. How the current breakdown of the liquor store is as the picture shows... 

HALF of each purchase goes to component costs, and profit alone is only 32$ , if you're paying your staff out a percentage, it literally is nothing. 

Edited by dontblink
On 12/1/2021 at 6:25 PM, Selu said:

The strength of a liquor store is that we don't have to RP?   It's basically a 24/7 store, except rather than anybody being able to come and push our product or try to create roleplay we have to try to hire people to work for the government's $4K an hour.  Liquor Stores don't open because there's no reason to.   Profit is so low and the script stuff sells itself if anybody ACTUALLY wants it.  Liquor Stores generate no Roleplay.   The point of this update is to create more immersion and Roleplay for Liquor Stores which in turn should also help to drive more play to Breweries since we can, in turn, afford their items.

My Liquor store doesn't have this capability. SOMEONE HAS to be working to purchase. 

Seeing your breakdown, @dontblink you literally could buy liquor from breweries and sell it manually to people who come in and make more money as a result. It would cost you a little bit more than the component cost, but you get a custom item and can charge a commiserate amount from your customers for the extra RP.

The challenge is entirely in the sales. It's nice when customers come in and just buy stuff through the script, come up and say "I want 6 whiskey, here is the automatic payment of $1,020, confirm my purchase." But where the fun of liquor RP is talking with customers and sharing knowledge. When you have a customer come in, you guide them instead as a realistic liquor store would: "What are you looking for? What can I help you find?" And then you sell the products the brewery sold you as much as you can. If people don't care, let them buy the script stuff. 

This is the same lesson breweries have been trying to teach bars/night clubs on this server, but most of them are not interested in dealing with the extra roleplay and portrayal. They just want to get booze and to rename it whatever they want rather than treat liquor as a consistent object in the game world. That's why most "brewery" RPers on this server were just selling generic "liquor" for bottom dollar so that bars/night clubs could RP that it's anything from a well gin to Don Julio 1942.

We've spent the last two years trying to encourage a higher level of liquor roleplay, and honestly, I think the effects have been seen across the server. People have been more and more following our example. If you're reading this and you're roleplaying a liquor store owner, a bar owner, a club owner, or just a liquor enthusiast, hit me up in my DMs, and let's work together. Liquor's a huge side-character in many of the stories told on GTA:W, it deserves to be fleshed out.

• Upvote 1

One of the largest issues with; "Buy from us and resell" is, go ahead and look through the forums.  Cause I can't seem to find any open breweries by searching for "breweries".   I saw one was opening, I texted the guy, and got no response.   That was the second ad I saw since I started playing.   Then you get into the issues of;  I pay my employees a commission fee.  How is that decided when we sell the liquor?  How do I make sure that the employees aren't scamming out store somehow or just taking the goods out without putting money back?  

Regardless of whether we agree or not, I think both Liquor stores AND breweries need some love.  We got an economy update, can we get a Liquor update that makes changes to how Bars, Clubs, Liquor Stores, and Breweries operate?  

Bars shouldn't be allowed to create whatever drink they see fit.  Period.  

Liquor Stores should have the ability to sell a larger variety of Liquor at varying prices that make sense for their locations.

Breweries shouldn't be getting rammed in the behind.  Why can't they /startshift?   

@mj2002and @InkIf you two want to discuss ways that can maybe benefit both Liquor Stores and Breweries (Bars are way more than fine with their uncapped $1K each person that walks in the door and making any drink they want appear from thin air) I'd like to do so.   I still think that Liquor Stores should have some variety that breweries don't.  We get deliveries from the harbor, there's no reason all our stock should come from Breweries.  I do, however, think that there should be some kind of benefit to breweries.   I'd like breweries to exist and even thrive.   Looking through the forums trying to find ANY breweries advertising I can safely say that it's obviously a failing part of the system.   

The idea was mentioned before, but I think some kind of scripted system that works like the Pawn Shop interface would be nice.  Something that is integrated into the business so that the game tracks the sales and, if I want to pay my employees a commission rate still, they will get paid.  

What I want to see is Liquor Stores selling more to actual players and less to just bars.  As it stands, we're basically filling the role of what local and foreign breweries would do.  We're not Bud Light, we're not HGN.   Our job shouldn't be to deliver the booze to the bar down the street.  Our job should be to open the doors (Yes, we should have reason to STAFF our store, not be a passive income shop) and sell to people.    I'm a Vinewood Liquor store, and let's be honest, in GTA:W a bottle of champagne for $450 is pretty cheap when people get $800 an hour for just breathing.

TL;DR  I'd like to make sure that all businesses can see changes that make sense from a Roleplay standpoint, immersion standpoint, and monetary standpoint.   

7 hours ago, mj2002 said:

They can sell as normal, but there is no script support such as the script that a pawnshop has.

As far as the liquor store script is, they have a set "menu" and are unable to buy from people and resell because there is no way to add it into said store. I would love to be able to do this though. 

I don’t know if this has been said before but we have generic categorical items (I.e. beer, whiskey) why not let stores simply rename these into brands and the sort to create the impression of variety. You could have about 20 different beers in your store, it’ll all still be beer but the rebranding of these items adds more depth to it. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic