Liquor Stores sell bigger varieties

Selu

I would love to be able to add to my menu. I have had people wanting to sell their brewed stuff at the liquor store, but I have no access obviously to add it to the menu. It'd be nice to be able to create an opportunity for this. I have also had people come in asking for specific types of bottles, and IRL they'd be MUCH more expensive then a regular bottle, but we have to charge the same amount. 

On another note, it'd also be nice that the "beer" we sell in the liquor stores be able to be used for 'renaming in bars', for example I sell 24 beer to a bar, but if they wanna sell it as Modelo or patriot, we are unable to re-name them.

I strongly support this idea. There aren't many, if any active distributors on the server. It would be wonderful if liquor stores could have a larger variety of products and could be the suppliers for all the bars, clubs and restaurants.

The big thing though, would be for liquor stores to be able to sell craft beer that can be renamed. It's quite frustrating that all liquor can be renamed but beer cannot.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I disagree with this suggestion. Liquor stores should get their supply from breweries;

There are loads of ideas to improve an existing concept which will improve interactions, which is ultimately what we should be striving for;

Breweries tend to make their own specialty brands, which can and should be stocked in liquor stores. Agreed. However, liquor stores are not meant to just sell specialty brands from local microbreweries, they are also meant to sell every other brand that can be supplied by a major manufacturer (think Budweiser / Coors Light / Greygoose / Smirnoff) as well. Having a way for liquor stores to be able to add to their stock would be a major step forward towards what you ultimately want, which is more interaction between brewers, liquor stores, and endpoint businesses. I'd suggest liquor stores be allowed to use the Pawn Shop script to add / remove items from their stock, so that people coming in may purchase from that list instead of the stock liquor store script.

Edited by 99
12 minutes ago, 99 said:

Breweries tend to make their own specialty brands, which can and should be stocked in liquor stores. Agreed. However, liquor stores are not meant to just sell specialty brands from local microbreweries, they are also meant to sell every other brand that can be supplied by a major manufacturer (think Budweiser / Coors Light / Greygoose / Smirnoff) as well. Having a way for liquor stores to be able to add to their stock would be a major step forward towards what you ultimately want, which is more interaction between brewers, liquor stores, and endpoint businesses. I'd suggest liquor stores be allowed to use the Pawn Shop script to add / remove items from their stock, so that people coming in may purchase from that list instead of the stock liquor store script.

This is constructive criticism that I love to see.  I agree whole heartedly that breweries still need to be in the loop.  And if liquor stores can make name brand stuff, they can also start getting and carrying items from local breweries without much worry.   I'm not too familiar with the pawn shop script or how that works, so I'd love to be informed.   I'd also love for others to get an idea of how that works.   When you say; "add/remove items from their stock", do you mean like their scroll menu?   I'm keen to hear more and I appreciate the post!

1 minute ago, Selu said:

This is constructive criticism that I love to see.  I agree whole heartedly that breweries still need to be in the loop.  And if liquor stores can make name brand stuff, they can also start getting and carrying items from local breweries without much worry.   I'm not too familiar with the pawn shop script or how that works, so I'd love to be informed.   I'd also love for others to get an idea of how that works.   When you say; "add/remove items from their stock", do you mean like their scroll menu?   I'm keen to hear more and I appreciate the post!

I dont even disagree with this, as long as breweries are able to get a significant cost advantage.

3 minutes ago, Selu said:

Something like this is what I was suggesting.

• Wuhtah locked this topic