People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

I think people seem to mistake roleplaying for rpg, way too often. It is a game yes, but roleplaying means, that you go beyond standard rpg game. You dive into into mind of your character and act accordingly to their habits, behaviour (Yes many people do not even bother creating these.). It says Heavy RP, which means you are In Character as soon as you log in. Driving too fast? Well if you as a player cannot handle that, don't. Cause normally you'd be expected to roleplay your bad driving at high speeds. Which is why I don't hit the gas at all, okay only on highway. Because I am sloppy driver in games. We all are expected to play as our character, not as ourselves. Which means if I have a civilian who wasn't in the army and never seen this or that. I would be horrified by mere presence of a gang in my area. Which is what I actually did. I used to live in Vespucci. I moved out after being chased and jumped for no reason, I moved to Morningwood. Several shootouts later, I am packing again and moving to Las Vegas, cause no matter where I went, there was always violence.

17 hours ago, MeowTheEpic said:

Crime rate is an IC issue, why isn't the LSPD patrolling the streets more often? been roleplaying for two days and the only time I've seen them is if there's a pursuit or shooting, never in any passive capacity to act as a deterrent. Is there a reason for that behavior?

God damn bro, if you RP in Davis, you'll see more LEO rpers than illegal rpers.

4 minutes ago, Koko said:

I disagree. I think vast percentages of this server have subconsciously interiorized the concept of a PK and will kill as their best immediate option. This is true to civilians and illegals alike. As I've stated time and time again, a PK is objectively your best solution to all your potentially violent conflicts with another character, and respected players in the community also seem very nonchalant about random acts of murder while displaying appropriate emotion about CKs (suffering and inflicting them).

PKs have become an OOC tool to solve character and faction issues, and it has no easy solution.

My main character is a law abiding citizen, there were instances where idiots pulled a gun on my character, in those situations my character does not hesitate to shoot back and defend herself. Moreover, she does not shoot to kill either, she shoots to stop the attack. If the shooter survives or dies it is based on injuries and whether FD arrived in time.

Last time she saw a body, she just called 911 since there was no cops or medics around the scene at all. Was across from Pillbox Bank as well, which I find odd.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Expecting people to RP every single dead body is ridiculous, especially when the majority of these deaths are PK's. A.K.A, a given faction that's been shot up is "dead" for the opposing factions side but for themselves and their allies, they continue to remain alive, and the existence of the opposing faction is suddenly gone.

This is a fictional roleplay server, you have to accept the fact that certain archetypes of IRL people are going to be in far higher abundance than they would be realistically if it were to be a simulation of real life. In the same sense that people end up playing the a meth'd up gangbanger that has little to no regard for his life constantly being on some cowboy shit make up an insane percentage of character population in comparison to real life, the same applies to any successful business owner, hard-ass cop, young millionaires, competent lawyers or the various amount of immigrant characters on this server. The concentration of specific stereotypes on this server is obviously going to be a lot higher than certain other stereotypes, on the sole basis that such concepts are interesting.

Does this mean you're also supposed to RP the fact that Los Santos is some kind of discount Cyberpunk city with the insane amount of wealth disparity between characters and rate of violence? Or that for the most part, the city barely has any American born and raised Caucasians? Or that basically all Hispanic, Afro-American and Asian teenagers are actively gangbanging, and that any Caucasian teen happens to either be a skinhead or a woodpecker?

If you take every single part of this server that is completely disproportionate to real life IC, on the sole basis that IC is IC, then you might as well just sign up for a Cyberpunk TTRPG session at your local game shop. Just accept that there is always going to be some dissonance between what is occurring in game mechanically and the narrative of everybody else's characters, your character and the characters surrounding your character. If your character witnesses something horrific, then by all means take it IC and acknowledge it as another part of your character's development, but the fact that most people treat Los Santos IC'ly as if it's some a utopian city, by outright ignoring the fact that Los Santos has crime, or Neo-Afghanistan, by taking every single death, crime and hostile action IC'ly, is just non-sensical.

The only way you will ever feasibly solve this problem without killing off entire parts of roleplay is by making every death a CK. But that also kills off far more RP than it creates.

18 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

Dead bodies on the ground, shell casings all over, what a fantastic scene to investigate, uh? NAAAH. Let's watch it for a brief second and then drive off like nothing has to be seen.

There's someone standing in between them? Is he the murderer? We should definitely question him... NAAAH, let's just drive around trying to find someone else to chase in a pursuit.

Dead bodies on the ground, damn... I'm shocked... I am 17yo from the ghetto... criminality is in a high level, but a dead person still hurts my young human feelings... NAAH, let's just keep dealing my drugs with my feet almost hitting their dead heads, acting thug around it and not giving a single f-!

We should enforce the fact people has to roleplay it, expecially LEOs. 🙂

bruh im not gonna lie my faction gets smacked like 9 times a day ill be rping w somebody and his body will be in the bush from this morning

• Upvote 1

I talked to some city-wide LEO peeps (PD and SD). This is what I know.

When a LEO member spots a body, they are required in accordance to department's protocols to investigate and write a report and/or call for a detective. This entire work can take 30 minutes more or less. So, let's multiple that with 5 bodies in 5 hour. Where's the fun of it?

Unfortunately, while I understand this is unrealistic and/or immersion breaking when LEO members casually ignore bodies, you have to understand why. Sure, you could be like "Why are they LEO if they can't do this duty?" - get into their shoes and you will get tired and bored in the end. It no longer becomes a game where you are supposed to have fun roleplaying but a side-job with body collector role and plenty paperwork to do on every single body. How many players get dropped everyday anyway? Over 100? 250?
Even if you do investigate a body, what are the chances of them becoming worthy to conduct a detailed investigation? 

Sure, let's do massive PD's recruitment. This won't change anything and may or may not harm the illegal RP (every cop around the corner watching like a hawk, etc). I don't think there would be a LEO faction that would be able to cover the entire city nor would this decrease the homicide rates. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, L I C E said:

Yeah IMO a big chunk of the black car and its associated gangs are just here to kill people. Always pushing for wars and fights, I sometimes wonder if they've even realized this isn't GTA online yet.

You gotta realize though, gangs are supposed to be provocative and intimidating. But yes there are bad fruits here n there but I wouldn't call it 'a big chunk'.

• Wuhtah locked this topic