People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

On 9/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, KinnyWynny said:

If a cop doesn't spot you in the act of committing the murder, you will not be prosecuted for murder. Even if you do the bare minimum to cover your tracks. Because it's virtually impossible about 8 out of ten times to actually investigate the random acts of murder on this server. The majority which are PKs, so no traceable identity, no obvious motive, no leads, no serial numbers, no fingerprints, blood sure, IF the shooter even got shot.

It's a wonder these scenes aren't ignored more than they are. There are zero consequences for PK murder unless you're caught directly in the act.

PKs are probably my least favorite feature of this server, every death should be a CK, watch that cut down on the crime level.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but I've thought about every death being a CK too. Sounds harsh but it would make most people think twice before getting into situations they shouldn't. I'm sure crime level would decrease significantly and rp quality would improve. What's the worst consequence of a PK as of right now? Losing a gun at most, that's if you even have one on you at all. Each character should have a set amount of PKs available before a CK is forced on them. 

Edited by ENDREAS
15 hours ago, ENDREAS said:

Don't mean to derail the thread, but I've thought about every death being a CK too. Sounds harsh but it would make most people think twice before getting into situations they shouldn't. I'm sure crime level would decrease significantly and rp quality would improve. What's the worst consequence of a PK as of right now? Losing a gun at most, that's if you even have one on you at all. Each character should have a set amount of PKs available before a CK is forced on them. 

I've always wanted CKs exclusively and no PKs, but it's a utopian idea. It's a double edged sword, you might think it will get people to want to avoid confrontations, and get them to value their character more, but it will also have the opposite effect. It will lead to people not caring about their character what so ever, and those players will become the roleplay equivelent of a suicide bomber.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, ENDREAS said:

Absolutely not, there's way too much murder on this server to force CKs on everyone.

No to this idea, admins can’t enforce it, nor should they.

Corpse count is at an unrealistic volume which would undoubtedly give my character PTSD.

I shouldn’t have to retire my character with mental disorders as a result of everyone playing battle royale in the city.

I just spin it to my character thinking the person is sleeping/drunk and going about their day.

10 pages for this by the way.

21 hours ago, Свето said:

I've always wanted CKs exclusively and no PKs, but it's a utopian idea. It's a double edged sword, you might think it will get people to want to avoid confrontations, and get them to value their character more, but it will also have the opposite effect. It will lead to people not caring about their character what so ever, and those players will become the roleplay equivelent of a suicide bomber.

Worked pretty well in another server.

It wasn't ALL CKs, but if you disregarded your life, it was a CK.

Cop running in without backup? CK.
Being robbed and pull a gun against 2 people aiming guns at you? CK.
Provoking gangs? CK.
Escalate a brawl into a gunfight? CK.

People who would initiate something that could get them killed... AKA robocops, robogangsters, and robocivilians... all would get CKed if they didn't ACTUALLY try their very best to avoid being killed.

Pulling guns should always be a last resort on any server because otherwise, we'll always have people itching to shoot over the smallest things because if you word it just right, you can get away with DMing someone over insults.

Now... sometimes these incidents are justified too, but because we have a higher rate of cops AND a higher rate of crime (naturally) then we obviously have LOTS of shooting and dead bodies, especially as the server grows in playerbase.

Edited by Craazy
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Craazy said:

Worked pretty well in another server.

It wasn't ALL CKs, but if you disregarded your life, it was a CK.

Cop running in without backup? CK.
Being robbed and pull a gun against 2 people aiming guns at you? CK.
Provoking gangs? CK.
Escalate a brawl into a gunfight? CK.

People who would initiate something that could get them killed... AKA robocops, robogangsters, and robocivilians... all would get CKed if they didn't ACTUALLY try their very best to avoid being killed.

Pulling guns should always be a last resort on any server because otherwise, we'll always have people itching to shoot over the smallest things because if you word it just right, you can get away with DMing someone over insults.

Now... sometimes these incidents are justified too, but because we have a higher rate of cops AND a higher rate of crime (naturally) then we obviously have LOTS of shooting and dead bodies, especially as the server grows in playerbase.

With the current system allowing throwaway characters to get right back into where their last was, this wouldn't work. Okay, Johnny Salami got his head blown off, everyone's heartbroken, someone tell Tony Baloney we're pulling a gun and a car for him from the armory...

7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

With the current system allowing throwaway characters to get right back into where their last was, this wouldn't work. Okay, Johnny Salami got his head blown off, everyone's heartbroken, someone tell Tony Baloney we're pulling a gun and a car for him from the armory...

Very true. The $200,000 people start with is another big issue.
Why waste time selling drugs to make 5k profit a week when you can just get killed, CK, and make 5k a week off starter money until your next CK.

Of course, if there were no starter money and instead, we tried to fix the economy, then the new systems could be implemented.
Hell of a struggle to build a new system on an old system though.

Just now, Craazy said:

Very true. The $200,000 people start with is another big issue.
Why waste time selling drugs to make 5k profit a week when you can just get killed, CK, and make 5k a week off starter money until your next CK.

Of course, if there were no starter money and instead, we tried to fix the economy, then the new systems could be implemented.
Hell of a struggle to build a new system on an old system though.

Even if you take away the 200k starting money, that doesn't stop groups from stockpiling to equip freshly made throwaways. Gangs have stashes and the police never had a finite amount of guns to begin with.

Simply put, unless there is some rule to forever end throwaway characters, CKs will never be a solution.

• Upvote 1

As a few have said, the amount of shootouts that result in piles of bodies can reach high levels of ridiculousness. I am currently a detective (SD OSSB) and tend to stop and examine every body I find, though usually I'm called to them by other deputies. The usual scene is a dead guy and his blood (possibly his weapon if he had one), casings, and no witnesses or at least ones that will talk. Often people stumble upon them a while after they died. In 99% of cases, the guy will have PK'd, which means you can't really look into the victim and who they associate with to look for leads. You're forced to tag it as a John/Jane Doe. The casings are labelled and submitted, usually not resulting in anything. We're told not to create casefiles for these kind of dead-end cases that, after the initial scene examination and all, offer no RP for anybody and just means dropping off the evidence and having Coroners scoop up the body. I could certainly understand some hesitancy for LEOs to interact with every corpse when rarely does much result from cleaning up the scene and missing out on more pertinent calls in the meanwhile.

• Wuhtah locked this topic