People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

1 hour ago, Viscaria said:

If you want to experience for yourself why this happens, I urge you very strongly to join FD for a week, or even apply for ride-along permissions and spend a few hours with us during peak times.

Parroting this and LICE/Chrome, Acceptance is the only thing that makes sense for your char-dev, when a LARGE chunk of your job is rolling to grotesque DOA calls to confirm that the person who's been shot eleven times, is, indeed, deceased. Sucks that people aren't traumatized, but, when crime occurs on every street, in every alleyway, and most peoples homes have had bodies dumped in them, it just kinda takes that route. 

as someone who's character makes a living off of taking pictures of dead bodies, i have seen bodies literally everywhere, from pillbox hill in front of the bank, to inside the rockford hills jewelry store, three at once inside the dmv apartment lobby, richman hotel, and literal dozens and dozens in south central at all hours of the day, most of them having been completely looted- even those in public places, people don't care because 'if noone sees it, noone reported it'

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Going back to the topic: again, there's simply an intense disconnect. On the one hand people defend this notion of GTAW "representing Cali" and on the other hand when convenient the argument comes up that "it's a videogame". You can't easily have both, and I think that the realistic position for the server is somewhere in the between. The medium itself obviously makes these incompatible to a degree, because yes, I do agree with the basic idea "this is a videogame", but we should decide how much of a videogame it is vs. how much of a role-playing experience set somewhere resembling the real world it is. 

Right now my character lives in a pretty mixed, low- to upper-middle class neighbourhood (Little Seoul) with the knowledge that most people he knows and are close to him have at some point or another used deadly force on another person (successfully or not) or have had deadly force used on them, for whatever reason. He's seen people executed with a gunshot to the back of the head in the middle of the street on a Saturday morning over minor disagreements or because someone woke up and chose violence that day. He routinely watches fights develop over minor grievances that evolve into massive, neighbourhood-wide brawls.

How much can I ignore of the rule that we must RP at all times (and therefore all these things my char has seen actually happened) without deciding that his mental model accepts that sudden spikes of gun violence and a complete turnover of friendships every six months, or things like three week marriages or people suddenly going from being a DJ to a neurosurgeon while for him only a couple months passed are just how his world works?

I personally don't ignore any of this and my character will comment on it IC if brought up, but right now the safest bet is to simply keep it under the guise of "It's a secret known to everybody" and not address the world we live in and sort of soldier on. Which is, funnily enough, a pretty realistic reaction someone hardened to intense violence might display.

17 hours ago, Timzii said:

Because Los Santos is worse than Iraq, people pull weapons over anything and kill you for it. LEO RPers are fed up with dealing with such cases because they bring little to no roleplay and nobody actually wants to spend 20-30 minutes of their life waiting for FD to declare them dead and Coroners to pick them up along with booking the evidence for something which has no further leads to. Yes, it's an IC issue, but at the current rate it's unrealistic. 

I was a witness to that yesterday, a fist fight (involving brass knuckles) broke out in a club, someone pulled a knife (dumb idea!) someone pulled a gun and shot two people who were in the fight, one was the guy who took a knife out. In my eyes pulling a knife middle of a fist fight is poor escalation.

17 hours ago, Phased said:

202 people on the LSPD forum currently have the LSPD usergroup. Even if every single member of the LSPD was able to play 24/7 and patrol at all times it'd be a pretty spectacular feat to respond to every call they get, and be present across the map to act as a deterrent anywhere that you may be standing when you play.

Okay, I have been witness to several instances where we had a motherfucking MVA (BMX guy got ran over by a car), we call FD like ten times, we see cop cruisers go past with out any emergency lights and just drive on. No stop, later about 10 minutes after the guy was moved by his friends to hospital FD shows up. I have more issue with cops not doing their job and just keep driving even though they have seen an MVA while having 0 emergency lights on.

15 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

If a cop doesn't spot you in the act of committing the murder, you will not be prosecuted for murder. Even if you do the bare minimum to cover your tracks. Because it's virtually impossible about 8 out of ten times to actually investigate the random acts of murder on this server. The majority which are PKs, so no traceable identity, no obvious motive, no leads, no serial numbers, no fingerprints, blood sure, IF the shooter even got shot.

It's a wonder these scenes aren't ignored more than they are. There are zero consequences for PK murder unless you're caught directly in the act.

PKs are probably my least favorite feature of this server, every death should be a CK, watch that cut down on the crime level.

On one hand each death is a CK, hm, there's a point in your words regarding it lowering crime rate. But there's a major flaw in this logic, because there are quite a few instances where PK's were voided due to Player Report's being made. This will flood the CK Appeals not to mention add more work in-game onto the admins who are the ones initiating the CK (that CK message you get IG, it's admins CKing someone who asked for that). CK appeals as of right now take a long ass time, from what I heard anywhere from two weeks to two months depending on situation. Making it impossible for people to actually have characters that live longer than few months at best, you won't have long standing characters either due to that.

Moreover, this idea was brought up before, was not accepted well by other players not to mention ended with admins replying and saying  that this will not be happening.

You want the bad apples who only run & gun to stop, report them because you can be sure not all people who roleplay a criminal is actually doing that. It's the loud minority that causes this issue that makes the server feel like Iraq. I personally had encounters with somewhat throw away characters who came to my place of business and based on their IC behavior were asking for action solely based on OOC adrenaline without regard to character development. Those should be reported, because they do not add nothing of value to their character or people they mess with.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
2 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

You want the bad apples who only run & gun to stop, report them because you can be sure not all people who roleplay a criminal is actually doing that. It's the loud minority that causes this issue that makes the server feel like Iraq.

I disagree. I think vast percentages of this server have subconsciously interiorized the concept of a PK and will kill as their best immediate option. This is true to civilians and illegals alike. As I've stated time and time again, a PK is objectively your best solution to all your potentially violent conflicts with another character, and respected players in the community also seem very nonchalant about random acts of murder while displaying appropriate emotion about CKs (suffering and inflicting them).

PKs have become an OOC tool to solve character and faction issues, and it has no easy solution.

• Wuhtah locked this topic