People ignoring dead bodies (expecially when LEOs) hurt my soul

GambloTwitch

Dead bodies on the ground, shell casings all over, what a fantastic scene to investigate, uh? NAAAH. Let's watch it for a brief second and then drive off like nothing has to be seen.

There's someone standing in between them? Is he the murderer? We should definitely question him... NAAAH, let's just drive around trying to find someone else to chase in a pursuit.

Dead bodies on the ground, damn... I'm shocked... I am 17yo from the ghetto... criminality is in a high level, but a dead person still hurts my young human feelings... NAAH, let's just keep dealing my drugs with my feet almost hitting their dead heads, acting thug around it and not giving a single f-!

We should enforce the fact people has to roleplay it, expecially LEOs. 🙂

• Upvote 2

Bro situation on the server, with it's high murder and robbery rates resembles any war-torn country by now. So it's natural people grow tired of seeing dead bodies everyday. Hell even irl if you see dozens of 'em, you stop caring, you will not be as disgusted and horrified as you were for the first time. Now take LEOs and FDs who have to deal with multiple homicides in a single moment sometimes. There's your answer. I was literally told not just once that, (pm, We are busy with another scene atm.). They are simply not interested anymore, not to mention that least half of these murders end up on forum report, which halts the rp and it's often voided. And one more thing, questioning people around a murder scene on this server? Can get you killed by someone who thinks protecting their shotcaller by killing yet another cop is a good way to go.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Bro situation on the server, with it's high murder and robbery rates resembles any war-torn country by now. So it's natural people grow tired of seeing dead bodies everyday. Hell even irl if you see dozens of 'em, you stop caring, you will not be as disgusted and horrified as you were for the first time. Now take LEOs and FDs who have to deal with multiple homicides in a single moment sometimes. There's your answer. I was literally told not just once that, (pm, We are busy with another scene atm.). They are simply not interested anymore, not to mention that least half of these murders end up on forum report, which halts the rp and it's often voided. And one more thing, questioning people around a murder scene on this server? Can get you killed by someone who thinks protecting their shotcaller by killing yet another cop is a good way to go.

I've been taught you have to RP at all times. So, the fact that they are going to be handled in the forums shouldn't matter at all because, till the moment it's voided, the action has been done IC and has to be taken IC as regular.

Also, there's a slight different between being busy and just ignoring bodies(with shell casings around too) while being simply on patrol.

I don't believe that you should support, as you are clearly doing, bad actions just because they are mostly done. Your attitude is toxic for the server and the whole community.

You have to keep acting correctly and realistically in order to improve the server quality.

14 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

I've been taught you have to RP at all times. So, the fact that they are going to be handled in the forums shouldn't matter at all because, till the moment it's voided, the action has been done IC and has to be taken IC as regular.

Also, there's a slight different between being busy and just ignoring bodies(with shell casings around too) while being simply on patrol.

I don't believe that you should support, as you are clearly doing, bad actions just because they are mostly done. Your attitude is toxic for the server and the whole community.

You have to keep acting correctly and realistically in order to improve the server quality.

You have some big dreams it seems. Well keep 'em. I am not speaking for PD. I am talking about the ridiculously high murder rate over, usually pretty stupid reasons.

Plus let's talk numbers here, again. The server has roughly 800+ players, LA which has potentially same crime rate as we do, has millions of citizens. Don't you think something is wrong there? Yes, there is a high chance, that according to the math, same player can be subjected to crime several times per week, regardless of area they are in. My character alone was in multiple shootouts, witnessed multiple robberies, was shot once and witnessed some more gunfights. If this doesn't force you to move out from the city, than I don't know what will. Which is actually what I did. I have limited my roleplay in the city to minimum that's necessary to keep on going. Because fleeing warzones is what people usually do, if they wanna survive. I never said I support bad actions of roleplay refusal. I only said why it possibly happens. It is only natural response. When you are subjected to robbery every week, you switch to cheaper phone and carry less cash on you. When you live in a area with multiple shootouts every day, you either join them and die young or work on yourself as hard as you can, so you can move out one day.

Edited by Engelbert
2 minutes ago, MeowTheEpic said:

Crime rate is an IC issue, why isn't the LSPD patrolling the streets more often? been roleplaying for two days and the only time I've seen them is if there's a pursuit or shooting, never in any passive capacity to act as a deterrent. Is there a reason for that behavior?

Pretty much sums it up, majority of the time I have seen officers around is either a pursuit or there was a 911 call regarding a shooting. It is rare that I see then just drive around without actively rushing somewhere. Their presence is lacking somewhat.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

You have some big dreams it seems. Well keep 'em. I am not speaking for PD. I am talking about the ridiculously high murder rate over, usually pretty stupid reasons.

Plus let's talk numbers here, again. The server has roughly 800+ players, LA which has potentially same crime rate as we do, has millions of citizens. Don't you think something is wrong there? Yes, there is a high chance, that according to the math, same player can be subjected to crime several times per week, regardless of area they are in. My character alone was in multiple shootouts, witnessed multiple robberies, was shot once and witnessed some more gunfights. If this doesn't force you to move out from the city, than I don't know what will. Which is actually what I did. I have limited my roleplay in the city to minimum that's necessary to keep on going. Because fleeing warzones is what people usually do, if they wanna survive. I never said I support bad actions of roleplay refusal. I only said why it possibly happens. It is only natural response. When you are subjected to robbery every week, you switch to cheaper phone and carry less cash on you. When you live in a area with multiple shootouts every day, you either join them and die young or work on yourself as hard as you can, so you can move out one day.

I develop a short reply to your post so we do not go off topic any further but we keep discussing about the main topic, which is slightly different.

Comparing REAL crime to FICTIONAL crime is something that, even mathematically, makes no sense.

You cannot compare real life consequences to fictional ones. People will ALWAYS be more afraid of IRL consequences that in a videogame, even though he is an average quality roleplayer. I personally live in Tinsel Towers and I never visit gang related areas and I've never been robbed, killed, threatened, by anybody... and my roleplay is basically more than a half illegal. Of course I am sure that, if you live in a gang area, the danger is massive... but that's something we also have IRL, trust me, so it's obvious you have it even more in here for the reasons I stated above.

STILL, I believe that people cannot stay around human bodies and roleplay like nothing has happened right there.

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Pretty much sums it up, majority of the time I have seen officers around is either a pursuit or there was a 911 call regarding a shooting. It is rare that I see then just drive around without actively rushing somewhere. Their presence is lacking somewhat.

Lurked the forum long enough to see people complain about crime but instead of pointing fingers at the LSPD, they blame criminals for being themselves, I believe they should start actively patrolling certain areas and players will feel safe enough to hangout there and RP in public rather than be interior roleplayers, hell even foot patrols, find a location and turn it into an RP hotspot with an active police presence, they can do a lot of good to the server, especially to us new players that get confused by the fact at peak LS is empty. I'm guessing a portion of their members do it for the fast quick action if that's the case so far.

And on topic: I do agree that people should do their best to RP around bodies, seen it on the daily or not it's a dead human lying dead on the floor, I thought that there's a forensics feature does that never get used?

12 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

I develop a short reply to your post so we do not go off topic any further but we keep discussing about the main topic, which is slightly different.

Comparing REAL crime to FICTIONAL crime is something that, even mathematically, makes no sense.

You cannot compare real life consequences to fictional ones. People will ALWAYS be more afraid of IRL consequences that in a videogame, even though he is an average quality roleplayer. I personally live in Tinsel Towers and I never visit gang related areas and I've never been robbed, killed, threatened, by anybody... and my roleplay is basically more than a half illegal. Of course I am sure that, if you live in a gang area, the danger is massive... but that's something we also have IRL, trust me, so it's obvious you have it even more in here for the reasons I stated above.

STILL, I believe that people cannot stay around human bodies and roleplay like nothing has happened right there.

Yes, I don't believe they should do that, but it is what it is. I merely theorized why they could possibly ignore dead bodies. My other conclusion is, that compared to crime rate, they are shorthanded. A gang area murder scene usually requires more than one patrol. Onto the civilians. Even if they are digusted or something, they are on-lookers, this always happens, people are curious despite knowing that it is terrible and digusting being at a scene with a dead body. Once their curiosity is sated. They move on.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Wuhtah locked this topic