Re-add the Mammoth Patriot Classic as a lease vehicle

Dom.

Short description: Readd it and potentially remove+reimburse the existing ones

Detailed description: Add the Mammoth Patriot Classic to the vehicle requests list, remove the ones owned by players, and reimburse the players who purchased them for the full dealership price.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? Make vehicle variety great again and prevent the economy from breaking even more.

Additional information: It's painfully obvious the vehicle was removed from dealers because of portrayal issues. There's no reason every Tom, Dick, Joe, Harry, and Mary should own an HMMWV. However, the lazy removal implemented on the server will do nothing but completely fuck the market. Your little vehicle sale price limit will do nothing. People will charge exorbitant prices down the line for this thing via /sellvehicle + /pay money on top. You cannot argue otherwise - look at servers such as RC-RP that had buyable versions in small quantities of vehicles that were otherwise unsellable. A BMX would cost you millions of dollars. GTAW's economy is fucked enough as it is, this is just going to make it ten times worse. If it's added to the lease list, people would have to provide a realistic reason and satisfactory backstory to own one. You won't see a million of them and people won't sell them for insane prices.

• Applaud 1

Or keep it added and punish those who are guilty of poor portrayal harshly. It will be easy for everyone to spot them and it is an opportunity to clear house.  Those that can portray their characters correctly can still make use of them then. If not, then a lease would be the second best option.

Is there a precendence case with someone being an idiot with one or why was this removed?

Given the amount spotted ingame this seems somewhat like a non-issue to me - unless I do miss a precendence case or they roll them daily in Davis where I don't see it, but some inner voice tells me what's not actually the case.

My stance is clear here, as many vehicles as possible should be available for players, and that some here fail to portrait things properly shouldn't make others suffer.

Edited by knppel

It was removed? Players who have one still own it? That's just... a special choice (and very much against previous decisions on not doing anything to overhaul the vehicle market in terms of adjusting values of vehicles to make it all much more realistic). Obviously you punish portrayal issues (which portrayal issues here anyway?), you don't limit the entire community. Just bring it back, not as lease, which is a bad system anyway, limiting everyone and their mom from creating and having their character live in an environment with variety. Besides, we now all have a mod loaded that's only used by what, three people?

2 hours ago, knppel said:

My stance is clear here, as many vehicles as possible should be available for players, and that some here fail to portrait things properly shouldn't make others suffer.

Exactly this, just up OOC enforcement if the problem is large enough to choose to punish the entire community by not making realistic things available freely.

Edited by Triple Seven

I would've suggested them to be made upwards to $200-250k myself considering that they're pretty rare and expensive irl. I think removing them completely from the dealerships is the wrong call as I only seen 4-5 out in the wild myself, which is not enough so it would be an issue. Re-add them to dealers and as a lease vehicle.

On 8/16/2021 at 6:38 AM, mj2002 said:

Or keep it added and punish those who are guilty of poor portrayal harshly. It will be easy for everyone to spot them and it is an opportunity to clear house.  Those that can portray their characters correctly can still make use of them then. If not, then a lease would be the second best option.

I think that the vehicle market has been screwed since ages, and it's apparent that (unless they haven't showed it) they won't do anything in the short term to fix it, even though I'm up to the variety thing and all, I must admit that I think it also adds some sort of coolness that those "unique" vehicles are driving around by people, you can also consider that all the old cars that are sold as "brand new" isn't realistic either. Having unique cars like the Patriot Classic makes car spotting much cooler, it honestly gives me chills every time I see one on the streets, haha, that said I still think that the vehicle system is scuffed. pls fix

• 2 weeks later...