Re-add the Mammoth Patriot Classic as a lease vehicle

Dom.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, kristofer said:

I would've suggested them to be made upwards to $200-250k myself considering that they're pretty rare and expensive irl. I think removing them completely from the dealerships is the wrong call as I only seen 4-5 out in the wild myself, which is not enough so it would be an issue. Re-add them to dealers and as a lease vehicle.

They're not that rare, no way should they be as expensive as 250k. They should be set at 100/125k maximum to fit others vehicles in this price range (Kamacho, Guardian and others). Auction for used military humvees IRL is starting at 5k$, and you can buy one renovated for 50k$. 

In regards to the leasing system, 

The lease system is an horrible way of owning a vehicle. How would you explain one day you have the vehicle, and the other you don't have it anymore, without making an actual sale?

This would mean all the owners of humvees would have to LEASE the car instead of owning it, which is way more "rare" than owning one IRL. 

6 minutes ago, HappyPancake said:

They're not that rare, no way should they be as expensive as 250k.

Rare as in seeing them on public streets. And yeah, 250k might be a bit of an overkill but then again they cost upwards to 60-80 thousand irl that are in good condition, that run and don't have parts missing.

And as for the lease thing. The option should be there for those who want it that way, but you should be able to purchase one from a scripted dealership as well.

49 minutes ago, kristofer said:

Rare as in seeing them on public streets. And yeah, 250k might be a bit of an overkill but then again they cost upwards to 60-80 thousand irl that are in good condition, that run and don't have parts missing.

And as for the lease thing. The option should be there for those who want it that way, but you should be able to purchase one from a scripted dealership as well.

I'm all in for adding it to the lease system as long as it doesn't become a lease exclusive.

1 hour ago, HappyPancake said:

The lease system is an horrible way of owning a vehicle. How would you explain one day you have the vehicle, and the other you don't have it anymore, without making an actual sale?

This would mean all the owners of humvees would have to LEASE the car instead of owning it, which is way more "rare" than owning one IRL. 

Its a system for;

• Preventing unrealistic usage of certain vehicles
  • Making expensive things affordable

Its not supposed to be a system that makes sense ICly.

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Its a system for;

• Preventing unrealistic usage of certain vehicles
  • Making expensive things affordable

Its not supposed to be a system that makes sense ICly.

I am not completely against the leasing script. I am against having exclusive vehicles in this leasing script.

Those exclusive vehicles should be available to be bought, not only leased, even if it requires an application describing the roleplay intended for the vehicle. 

I am all against the lease system, if someone wants to buy them let them, it's super unfair how it is now, the 4-5 ppl lucky enough to have bought it shouldn't be privileged, who wants to buy it buys it who doesn't doesn't simple, and this whole ''character portrayal'' is the cheapest excuse I've heard, go restrict the Elegy Classic mall rats then, don't just target one audience. I want my Patriot Classic, the end.

I'm all for making the vehicle a lease vehicle, then the player applying for the vehicle in question would have to submit proper reasoning to why their character would have such a vehicle. Personally, the model itself is just an odd sight when it's parked up with the rest of the vehicles on the server.

2 hours ago, hipsxn said:

I'm all for making the vehicle a lease vehicle, then the player applying for the vehicle in question would have to submit proper reasoning to why their character would have such a vehicle. Personally, the model itself is just an odd sight when it's parked up with the rest of the vehicles on the server.

This, basically. The suggestion has my full support. 

On 9/17/2021 at 5:27 AM, HappyPancake said:

They're not that rare, no way should they be as expensive as 250k. They should be set at 100/125k maximum to fit others vehicles in this price range (Kamacho, Guardian and others). Auction for used military humvees IRL is starting at 5k$, and you can buy one renovated for 50k$. 

The lease system isn't IC.