Ads In Game

Yoak

What does everyone think of ads like this?

voLNCRZ.png

Personally? This is not what the AD system should be used for. This is clearly someone who just wants to spunk a load of cash on a business that's going to make them more money.

Keep the thread civil and refrain from it turning into a suggestion thread.

Edited by Yoak
  • Upvote 3

Most of these advertisements aim to invest money into something that will gurantee more money. Think of the many pawn shops, night clubs or bars that are seen as "easy cash" opportunities to accumulate. When you have a character and are actually passionate for creating and running a business, you have at least a rough idea what direction to take and a reasonable background for the character rather than "I'm looking to buy any business" with no perspective other than "lets see what comes up and whether I can make easy cash off of it".

Agree with orca112, it feels immersion-breaking to read ads like that because they never seem to be written in-character. There's no project behind it other than the generalized idea that scripted businesses are really lucrative and that any will do.

Then again it doesn't help that businesses are so hard to come by and open. There's dozens of inactive businesses out there that haven't opened in months but that obviously belong to active accounts. It seems like I only ever see the same dozen or two businesses while the map is covered in them.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Italiano said:

It's stupid and unrealistic, that's what I think lol. For some reason they allow this along with trading houses. It's madness.

Trading houses is because the houses we have are limited to 3 areas, anything else is House Lease (which I have never seen open, except once and for County only!, so no Rockford Hills housing, even though I know people who have one there!). So yes, when you want to trade is where the money value became so little that you value it with trade of another property or a car(s)

The entire housing situation on World confuses me anyway, why are so many houses unavailable and is the majority apartments? Same goes with businesses I do agree with the economy rules about the X3 etc  but houses right now are impossible to get because they only get traded and same goes for businesses. You can have the OOC and IC money all you want but in order to get a business you gotta request a lease or be extremely lucky to find someone who is willing to sell it for $$.  The advertisements get abused for it because there is no other way to reach these specific players in a different way. Forums are active but the moment a house/business comes online you see 30 posts with buyout.

2 hours ago, Bellagio said:

The entire housing situation on World confuses me anyway, why are so many houses unavailable and is the majority apartments? Same goes with businesses I do agree with the economy rules about the X3 etc  but houses right now are impossible to get because they only get traded and same goes for businesses. You can have the OOC and IC money all you want but in order to get a business you gotta request a lease or be extremely lucky to find someone who is willing to sell it for $$.  The advertisements get abused for it because there is no other way to reach these specific players in a different way. Forums are active but the moment a house/business comes online you see 30 posts with buyout.

I think all houses have been taken by now, they were already being flipped hard in 2018 and I imagine them being gone has pushed the existence of apartments. In 2018 people were even allowed to own motel rooms and there weren't any of the menu apartments (the ones without lobbies). To my surprise, some of these cost upwards of 100-200K, nothing wrong with it, I'm just mentioning it to compare with how houses themselves used to cost just under $100K even when they were being flipped.

I don't 100% understand businesses either. I approach random buildings sometimes and see that they exist but they're locked and I have yet to see them open, there's no way of finding out the business's activity status either, same with any LTD in the city if you want to get a job at one that doesn't allow people to /bjoin. Most of them never come up on the lease list, never show up green on the map (no manager/employee presence) so I can only assume they exist as cash machines.

• Wuhtah locked this topic