Ads In Game

Yoak

I kind of get where they're coming from because there's not many places to really advertise in-game. I'm unsure if there are any in-game businesses that cater to people selling businesses either. It'd probably be better for it to go on the forums but you never know if people will actually read it there.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:23 PM, Koko said:

Then again it doesn't help that businesses are so hard to come by and open. There's dozens of inactive businesses out there that haven't opened in months but that obviously belong to active accounts. It seems like I only ever see the same dozen or two businesses while the map is covered in them.

This is one of the issues I think. People are kind of forced to make ads like these because literally no one's selling their business even though they don't use them.

8 minutes ago, Blade said:

This is one of the issues I think. People are kind of forced to make ads like these because literally no one's selling their business even though they don't use them.

Then they should be losing the property. When we have progressed to the point where these ads are being made out of desperation, there is something wrong with quality control. 

30 minutes ago, HeyMambo said:

Then they should be losing the property. When we have progressed to the point where these ads are being made out of desperation, there is something wrong with quality control. 

I lost my property in 2018 for this because my activity was dwindling, and rightfully so as I wasn't using it properly. But the peak time player count was a quarter of what it is now, they were much more on top of property activity. If you have been wanting to make a property request and have looked around for unclaimed buildings, you'll find that everything has been taken, and you could swear that most of them haven't been opened in a while, at least in your time of activity.

I think this issue merits its own thread, I have a lot to say about it and clearly you and others do as well.

Here is my contribution to stay on topic.

qMuOfIo.png

Edited by shaobadman

I've reported so many non-RP ads, but I grew tired of it purely because there are so many of them.

They range from "looking for work" to "Italian-American family-run bistro looking for employees". The former is straight up lazy and not what you'd expect from a heavy roleplay server at all, while the latter is trying to sneakily imply that it's a mafia-based business (in the real world, a business owner's ethnic background would not be mentioned or be relevant to the business at all).

Sure, the current ad system is much less spammy than what we had in 2018, but the quality of ads has not improved significantly enough for it to not be an issue.

Since it's not clear what /ads represent exactly, in terms of media, and you can just pull them up on your phone, you can easily assume it's something Craigslisty anyway, certainly for the individual vehicle/property sales and small business job postings, no?

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

(in the real world, a business owner's ethnic background would not be mentioned or be relevant to the business at all).

This, in the real world a lot of the time a mexican is making your italian food and that's okay.

Back on topic though, there ARE IC ways to advertise and word it into an investment intention, "buying any business" is straight up distracting and I'd never sell my business to someone who writes that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic