People need to chill with aggressiveness, really. It's not healthy, have a break, have a kit kat.

Kappaurel

7 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Did you miss the part where I calmly explained to everyone who was there "They are recording a joke, don't worry, they are harmless"?

You walked in and said it in /low, while me (the guy who pulled the gun) was finishing his conversation with the cashier. As I said in my previous post, just because it's in chat range, doesn't mean the character will hear it nor pay attention to it. 

6 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Why should anyone take your character's word on these people being harmless?

It has also happened before, where someone claimed someone else was harmless and next thing you know, there's a murder 10 minutes later. So yeah, have to agree with Valyrie there.

Edited by JackieH
Typo fix, again.
1 minute ago, Valkyria said:

Because everybody knows your character and they can immediately trust them despite you telling this to what's probably a group of strangers.

Why should anyone take your character's word on these people being harmless?

Again, jumping to guns all times is not the only way to live.

Starting a countdown and pulling guns all around is silly and childish. 

And finally, don't make it about just this example, it's a widespread server issue.

5 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

And finally, don't make it about just this example, it's a widespread server issue.

I've been in multiple situations where my character was killed over a superficial argument, if you can even call it that. I don't know if telling another character to "fuck off" qualifies as an argument, but it's what happened. This didn't necessarily involve a gun each time; on two occasions, they were struck with either brass knuckles or a blunt object until put into death mode. The thing to do in this situation is report the offending party for Deathmatching. There's no reason for why this shit-tier roleplay should be tolerated on this server.

It's one thing if a player is new and needs some mentoring from more experienced people, but there's little excuse for killing people over a couple words. Yes, people still kill for these reasons in real life, but the vast majority of people in the U.S. circa 2020s aren't willing to risk a life sentence or death row because someone told them, "shut the fuck up".

My two cents. 

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

That situation just sounds like America.

I do agree that people resort to guns way too quick.

I think a huge part of the problem is how much damage punches and melee weapons do. You get two-tapped with fists or a hammer, same as a gun.

This completely changes the way 'deadly force' works, because now a bat is just as deadly as a gun ( except it's melee ). So of course I'm gonna' pull out a gun when you come at me because I know you can kill me in 2 hits.

Hah! I didn't comment that as a joke, that's the funny part.

I've been in a lot of situations where I approach someone completely unknown and they react like I was a fucking robber, excuse me mister, I won't hurt you, I just want to ask if you have a lighter my man.

That without mentioning when someone starts causing problems in your business, that's great. It's great when you tell someone to leave your business due to the mess he is causing and they just stab you because... yeah.

Edited by Jaskman220
49 minutes ago, Sush said:

My favourite is when you get into a mild disagreement with someone in public so they make it their lifelong mission to murder you and your entire family and burn your house down. 

"Hey, could you please not park your car in the fire lane"

I bet most people that are like that are totally PEEPOSHY IN REAL LIFE 👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈

Stuttering and not being able to look at people in the eyes

"Can you park your car somewhere else instead of on the firelane?"

"O-oh... I'm- I'm so-so-sorry... I will do it r-right away sir"

EsDdXXMXEAIITPw.jpg

Edited by Kappaurel

Bringing guns into a situation should be the very last resort, people don't understand the weight a gun crime brings on a person, nevermind murder. They force fear RP upon you but there's a lack of fear RP from themselves, where's the fear in your character facing the rest of their life in prison over a gun related crime? Even shootouts in gangs, people stick around after shooting down a whole block just to start chanting their set. Regardless of how hard your character is, your adrenaline is going to be pumping and the only thing in your mind is; survival and escaping. Even the thought of having your gun drawn in public, people flaunt it around like it can't send their character to jail for what would ICly be years. 

Getting a gun license should be much harder than it currently is. I have seen a lot of players with PF and CCW licenses who don't even know some basic laws about the weapon license, they simply got lucky to pass the test after 3rd try or cheated.

The application process is awesome, but there has to be more to it. Officers could host a training for the accepted applicants, quiz them in-game and interview them.

Process is going to take longer, become harder and bring some RP.