Character Design & Hiding behind Offensive Roleplay Rules

SCANDALOUZ

2 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

The more I see the arguments for rape rp to be brought back, the less tolerable a suggestion it becomes even under ftb conditions. Some of the comments are honestly disgusting, there are other ways to 'teach someone a lesson'.

Don't think anyone wants rape back. I know I don't. I think it's mostly used as an easy analogy.

All I want is two lines added in the offensive rp rules.

1) Characters in illegal factions are exempt from refusing offensive FTB. Not emoting is fine, but you must take the consequences.

2) Introduction of torture requests similar to CK requests. So you could, with a good reason, fucking maim a character, even if just as FTB, they would still have to deal with the consequences. That in the case that said character has first denied offensive rp at all, even as ftb, but you have a darn good IC reason. Just like CKs, really.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Don't think anyone wants rape back. I know I don't. I think it's mostly used as an easy analogy.

Well regardless, adding exceptions would be unhealthy and put an unfair burden on administrators to decide whether someone is uncomfortable or not. Noone can decide that but the person involved. As I said before I would encourage the reporting of any BLATANT abuse of the rules (not necessarily offensive rp) because that's the only way it'll be brought to staff attention.

Edited by Moonsong
5 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Honestly, if you had made this discussion without ever bringing up rape as an example in the OP then we'd never be at 16 pages. By bringing it up you invited everyone with an opinion to climb out of the wood work. At this point it's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
Just now, Moonsong said:

Well regardless, adding exceptions would be unhealthy and put an unfair burden on administrators to decide whether someone is uncomfortable or not. Noone can decide that but them. As I said before I would encourage the reporting of any BLATANT abuse of the rules (not necessarily offensive rp) because that's the only way it'll be brought to staff attention.

I edited the post at the time of your reply, mb, but peep the lines suggested. I don't think such a suggestion makes me a monster.

19 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Honestly, if you had made this discussion without ever bringing up rape as an example in the OP then we'd never be at 16 pages. By bringing it up you invited everyone with an opinion to climb out of the wood work. At this point it's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

19 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

I edited the post at the time of your reply, mb, but peep the lines suggested. I don't think such a suggestion makes me a monster.

5char

As for rape, I still find it a reasonable, albeit unpleasant analogy.

And... Scandalous content is often a good way to bring more attention to a subject.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
2 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Don't think anyone said you were just that a lot of the responses are disgusting, but it's a bad suggestion nontheless.