Character Design & Hiding behind Offensive Roleplay Rules

SCANDALOUZ

34 minutes ago, Gambler said:

This is why I personally stopped roleplaying here. Everyone turns to snowflake and a SJW when they find it suitable. All these people RP having a gun in their trousers or like lesbians in their purses, ready to kill in cold blood in every corner and in every moment, without post-traumatic disorder or any consquence at all.  But when the coin flips against them, all of a sudden they're the most uncomfortable little snowflake angel that can't handle a bit of graphic RP.  /me cuts his hands. is the same with /me unloads a full clip on Jhon Doe, Oh ye, they also go back to make sure the target is dead by, /me finishes Jhon Doe with a bullet between his eyes. 

Sooo, either ban any criminal/violent RP and put a rainbow above LS, or remove all censorships and let people suffer the consequences and natural order of their RP.

I couldn't have been said better, and what you have said here can be used for other interesting topics that are happening on GTAW right now.

Here everyone even their mothers are John Wick, they shoot you three times in the head or cut your neck and then they are living their lives as if nothing had happened, but if it happens to them, ayyy if that happens to them, then the thing is very different.

And this can be extrapolated to other topics but I won't derail the thread.

Edited by Jennie
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

When you look at it that way....it makes sense. 🙂

Well, yeah. That's my reasoning for wanting that kind of RP. I don't either find it satisfying IRL or fulfilling my IRL desires. Actually I've never shot a bullet in 12 years of RPing let alone anything else. But I've been a victim many times, especially when I was a noob. 

6 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

First half good, second half massively blown out of proportion.

See:

1) Edit 3: in OP

2) "In conclusion" all caps and all bold paragraph in OP.

Nobody is saying everyone should be running around chopping limbs, don't differentiate from the actual topic in order to better validate your position.

Admittedly I went off on a tangent because the discussion seems to have gotten out of hand.

My point was that it appears that a fair amount of people want to play-to-win, and this isn't a new phenomena by any means either. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but there is a noticeable handful of people who are.

Just now, Aquila said:

Admittedly I went off on a tangent because the discussion seems to have gotten out of hand.

My point was that it appears that a fair amount of people want to play-to-win, and this isn't a new phenomena by any means either. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but there is a noticeable handful of people who are.

Exactly, and a good way to combat play to win is not let people do it with the help of policy loopholes.

5 minutes ago, boozie said:

No. Pretty sure your whole thread is lost dude. This shit is off the rails and will be locked soon enough.

Can't blame that on a single person regardless of their opinion. The whole thread went off-topic because of a number of people.

There's barely any moderation on this topic, not sure when it will even be locked.

43 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Well, yeah. That's my reasoning for wanting that kind of RP. I don't either find it satisfying IRL or fulfilling my IRL desires. Actually I've never shot a bullet in 12 years of RPing let alone anything else. But I've been a victim many times, especially when I was a noob. 

there's good reasons/contexts for that kind of rp to occur, but the problems start when it happens indiscriminately - random attacks do happen in real life but i see problems with targeting randoms on a roleplay server to carry out anything under offensive roleplay, the random victim doesn't get taught any kind of lesson, and it's most likely very one sided

just like any good piece of fiction, torture/dismemberment is going to be far more interesting when there's existing tension or a history between the parties involved

Edited by shaobadman
  • Upvote 1