Character Design & Hiding behind Offensive Roleplay Rules

SCANDALOUZ

I think we should ban violence too. I have been playing a bit more than usual and they tried to rob my character more than 4 times in 3 days. I am getting rather tired of always having to roleplay the paranoia & fear or having a gun aimed at his face, or getting attacked, having a dog bite them all over, or worse. I literally cannot roleplay anything else than injuries if I were to spend more time outdoors because I would end up getting attacked twice as much for no reason.  The comment is half ironic half true, just to show that the current situation is not ideal, and we still somewhat go through a torturing loop so let’s not make it worse.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I think we should ban violence too. I have been playing a bit more than usual and they tried to rob my character more than 4 times in 3 days. I am getting rather tired of always having to roleplay the paranoia & fear or having a gun aimed at his face, or getting attacked, having a dog bite them all over, or worse. I literally cannot roleplay anything else than injuries if I were to spend more time outdoors because I would end up getting attacked twice as much for no reason.  The comment is half ironic half true, just to show that the current situation is not ideal, and we still somewhat go through a torturing loop so let’s not make it worse.

It's sad truth though. I remember a couple of robbers on a speedbike even had the balls to tell me this IC "This the game, never be alone outside." I was like yeah whatever, if 10 bucks and old phone are worth it, be my guest.

This is why I personally stopped roleplaying here. Everyone turns to snowflake and a SJW when they find it suitable. All these people RP having a gun in their trousers or like lesbians in their purses, ready to kill in cold blood in every corner and in every moment, without post-traumatic disorder or any consquence at all.  But when the coin flips against them, all of a sudden they're the most uncomfortable little snowflake angel that can't handle a bit of graphic RP.  /me cuts his hands. is the same with /me unloads a full clip on Jhon Doe, Oh ye, they also go back to make sure the target is dead by, /me finishes Jhon Doe with a bullet between his eyes. 

Sooo, either ban any criminal/violent RP and put a rainbow above LS, or remove all censorships and let people suffer the consequences and natural order of their RP.

Edited by Gambler
  • Applaud 2
5 minutes ago, Gambler said:

This is why I personally stopped roleplaying here. Everyone turns to snowflake and a SJW when they find it suitable. All these people RP having a gun in their trousers or like lesbians in their purses, ready to kill in cold blood in every corner and in every moment, without post-traumatic disorder or any consquence at all.  But when the coin flips against them, all of a sudden they're the most uncomfortable little snowflake angel that can't handle a bit of graphic RP.  /me cuts his hands. is the same with /me unloads a full clip on Jhon Doe, Oh ye, they also go back to make sure the target is dead by, /me finishes Jhon Doe with a bullet between his eyes. 

Sooo, either ban any criminal/violent RP and put a rainbow above LS, or remove all censorships and let people suffer the consequences and natural order of their RP.

Go give this man a medal.

Nobody wants to say that, because the topic in a vacuum is a really sensitive one, but, yeah.

Also here come the "ITS NOT THE SAME BECAUSE DEATH IS QUICK" people who have, once again, missed the point entirely.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
5 hours ago, shushu said:

This. People who are neck-deep in defending/pushing for rape RP and torture RP just want to set a precedent. I can even say they're worse than those who hide behind the OOC rules to avoid IC consequences. 

Seriously, why would you even want to RP being a rapist and/or a torturer? The only reason I could think of is because you're itching and craving to satisfy your real life desires/fetishes, which is awfully disgusting. What kind of character development are you even aiming for? Is there even such a thing in rape/torture RP? This DLimit guy and everyone else pushing for this topic just because "someone's hiding behind the OOC rules" or because "someone pulled out the 'I am uncomfortable' card" need to get themselves checked. There might be something wrong with you. 

Wanna know why murder is allowed and not rape/torture? It's because your experience as the victim wouldn't last long. Sure, your family/relatives/friends will be traumatized as well but that's about it RP-wise as so many factors are involved when talking about real life experiences. When it comes to rape/torture, on the other hand, you are expected to curry the burden and trauma for as long as you're alive. It is MENTALLY taxing hence many victims IRL commit suicide. Think about it. Reality is sick, but that doesn't mean the game has to be on the same level.

At the end of the day, people will feel uncomfortable with some RPs and that's okay. Hell, player comfort should be one of the top priorities of the admins here, and I believe it is at the moment given the fact that there's a rule against offensive roleplay. It should stay that way. If a lot of people are uncomfortable with something that you are pushing for, then obviously there's something wrong with you/your idea. Get off the computer and reassess yourself. Stop telling people to not feel uncomfortable with your BS. And get over the fact that people will, from time to time, hide behind the rules to avoid IC consequences.

Actually let me answer you why I personally want that RP to be allowed. I want that RP to be allowed so I can scare the shit out of a character and the player to take their actions really seriously. How? Well if I brutalize a character and show him the REAL consquences of his/her actions then the next time he/she might think twice before doing their actions again. The only reason these RPers are weak RPers is because FADE TO BLACK has been their scapegoat. "Bohoo, boring RP, lets get this over with".

3 hours ago, shaobadman said:

some players here can't kick the habit of comparing the server to reality as a catch-all, when they forget that this is a game server and should be at least somewhat entertaining/fair for everyone involved, and a good start would be binding dangerous characters to dangerous scenes, this isn't gtao where you can play out your one sided mafia boss wet dream without consequences

Telling people "this is a game and we're here for fun" seems to be a trigger. I quoted this post in particular because I feel it's the most important segment of the whole comment.

Roleplay of all forms, including joys and sorrows, should be for fun and to tell a story. It doesn't have to be about what's realistic and what isn't. Hell, if we want to go for realism, why is there no school for kids on the map? Because Rockstar never intended for the game to be a roleplay server, they made it for the game's story. 

What is important is making sure all parties are having a good time within reason. Every character needs weaknesses and strengths, and they should be taken into account when roleplaying with others.

This thread needs some comments deleted, or to be completely locked because of how off-topic it's gone. At the end of the day, we can't just force mutilation on people because it's "realistic". Similarly how you don't go into work in real life to get abused to shit or threatened, you don't expect to play a game only to be given a line of sick and twisted roleplay without your consent. This is a game, regardless whether it's a roleplay server or not.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Actually let me answer you why I personally want that RP to be allowed. I want that RP to be allowed so I can scare the shit out of a character and the player to take their actions really seriously. How? Well if I brutalize a character and show him the REAL consquences of his/her actions then the next time he/she might think twice before doing their actions again. The only reason these RPers are weak RPers is because FADE TO BLACK has been their scapegoat. "Bohoo, boring RP, lets get this over with".

Bruh I was submitted to rape rp as in "teach them a lesson". They took so long I fell asleep halfway and had to watch a movie, to stay awake. I will tell you what would make players take things seriously. One life and that's it.

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Bruh I was submitted to rape rp as in "teach them a lesson". They took so long I fell asleep halfway and had to watch a movie, to stay awake.

Ye same. It's boring. Guess what I did next tho'. I never messed with the wrong guy ever again. 

Edited by Gambler
22 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I totally get and even agree with the point, but I believe a middle-ground would be the best way to go. Like one side should be what you just said and the other is that people who suffered this shit IRL and seeing it isn't cool exist. So a middle ground of at least FTB and accept (not dodge) the consequences seems..

Fair?

17 minutes ago, Aquila said:

Telling people "this is a game and we're here for fun" seems to be a trigger. I quoted this post in particular because I feel it's the most important segment of the whole comment.

Roleplay of all forms, including joys and sorrows, should be for fun and to tell a story. It doesn't have to be about what's realistic and what isn't. Hell, if we want to go for realism, why is there no school for kids on the map? Because Rockstar never intended for the game to be a roleplay server, they made it for the game's story. 

What is important is making sure all parties are having a good time within reason. Every character needs weaknesses and strengths, and they should be taken into account when roleplaying with others.

This thread needs some comments deleted, or to be completely locked because of how off-topic it's gone. At the end of the day, we can't just force mutilation on people because it's "realistic". Similarly how you don't go into work in real life to get abused to shit or threatened, you don't expect to play a game only to be given a line of sick and twisted roleplay without your consent. This is a game, regardless whether it's a roleplay server or not.

First half good, second half massively blown out of proportion.

See:

1) Edit 3: in OP

2) "In conclusion" all caps and all bold paragraph in OP.

Nobody is saying everyone should be running around chopping limbs, don't differentiate from the actual topic in order to better validate your position.