Official standing about IC population portrayal - Thoughts?

HeyMambo

4 minutes ago, EffPee said:

You don't have to tell me bro I've stopped robbing people now out of fear for persecution.

Then it doesn't apply to you.

I've been illegal, most of the time, and have only robbed around 4-6 people in the passed 2 years, with around 7 murders.

I still feel that the robbery complaints are over-exaggerated, as I haven't been robbed in months. However, it's always good to remind people that an illegal person doesn't commit massive crimes every single day or even every single week. Narcotics distribution is more common.

On another note, "illegal" people mostly rob other "illegal" people, as they are less likely to notify police. Just putting that out there.

Edited by DLimit
2 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

its funny how ppl who talk the most about realism are actually people with 0 sense for realism, sims simulation mallrats. u know whats ur solution? rlly, stop whining about it on forums, and when u think someone broke the rules? report them, its easy. but thats why well never see reports from u guys, only forum topics that u open every 15 days, that always get closed, and nothing happens about whatever u want, CUZ NO ONE CARES!

5 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

You really need to change your attitude on the forums, it's far from constructive.

---

This discussion is pointless. We need Management or the Continuity Team to release a statement on this. People have wildly varying views, ranging from: "deal with it, we don't want realism cause then we can't pew pew and how about those other people roleplaying something I don't agree with." to "the server needs to strive for realism on the whole and ignore GTAV and just use it as a platform for this to be realized." This topic shows that unity is not going to be reached among the people participating in this discussion, which is barely that since one party denies the other parties good points and vice versa.

A more graceful way of saying the facts Pluto be spitting is this.

You can't keep running to the forums and staff about realism when people can't breakaway from their picture perfect sim life to address these issues realistically IC. I've seen almost no IC reaction to crime on the server besides people making very distinctly OOC influenced comments like they always carry a gun or never stand outside. My city is currently seeing a huge influx in gun violence, double what we had this time last year yet way less then what we experience IG. People in my city are holding anti crime rallies every night, getting on the local news. They're forming community safety patrols to stand on corners at night. They lobbied city, county and state officials to triple the number of officers on patrol at night in a area in under 48 hours. Mothers are coming together, collecting information on businesses that allow criminal activity to take place in front of their properties and then publicly shame them on the nightly news. 

Where is any of this IG? We've heard continuous griping about the state of crime IC for over a year and I don't think I've ever seen a single one of these ideas come to fruition IC. Mallrats can hold a riot because SD arrested some guy but anything else happens to interrupt their picture perfect world they immediately run to the forums. That's what I'd call the opposite of realism. 

Just now, DLimit said:

Narcotics distribution is more common.

I feel like this is something else the criminal community is going to ruin for themselves, as already it's the norm for deals to be a scam. If you're not pulling the scam, you're the one that's going to be scammed.

Three of the previous four attempts at procuring drugs resulted in either nothing being handed over, or both the money and the drugs being taken at gunpoint, with the deal simply being the means of getting one or the other for an impromptu robbery.

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Then it doesn't apply to you.

I've been illegal, most of the time, and have only robbed around 4-6 people in the passed 2 years, with around 7 murders.

I still feel that the robbery complaints are over-exaggerated, as I haven't been robbed in months. However, it's always good to remind people that an illegal person doesn't commit massive crimes every single day or even every single week. Narcotics distribution is more common.

On another note, "illegal" people mostly rob other "illegal" people, as they are less likely to notify police. Just putting that out there.

This. I don't roleplay around Davis, and I've been on the same character for like 7 months. I ain't been robbed by nobody yet. 

A lot of people on this server just like to bitch over and over again. How come people are complaining about too much crime if I ain't experienced it yet. I feel like something's missing here. 

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

I feel like this is something else the criminal community is going to ruin for themselves, as already it's the norm for deals to be a scam. If you're not pulling the scam, you're the one that's going to be scammed.

Three of the previous four attempts at procuring drugs resulted in either nothing being handed over, or both the money and the drugs being taken at gunpoint, with the deal simply being the means of getting one or the other for an impromptu robbery.

Then you must be looking in the wrong places, almost every illegal faction I have been apart of takes part somehow in the drug trade and no one scams, I honestly feel like you are making up falsified scenarios to fit your point. Unless you are on the street trying to buy literal kilos, no one is going to scam or rob you, that's just silly and something that drug dealers wouldn't do. 

Just now, DasFroggy said:

how many times u actually participated in a drug deal in game? be honest with me, cuz i can see those were the only times u participated in a drug deal lol ive sold and bought hundreds of kilos of drugs in game, and ppl who were under me when i had illegal characters were doing it for me, and no one ever got scammed for it. and its like that for 99% of the people

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

I, personally, haven't been scammed during a narcotics deal since exactly one year ago. However, if this is the case, then people should really consider the mentality of a narcotics dealer... they would RATHER PRESERVE CLIENTS than to LOSE CLIENTS for a quick buck. The only scammers that really exist in the real world, 90% of the time, are substance abusers. Substance abusers scam people for a quick buck to attain their fix. The average dealer? They'd rather befriend potential clients.

25 minutes ago, DLimit said:

People are just arguing to cut-down on the level of muggings and severe crimes, a bit, and maybe focus on other aspects of life that exist within a criminal being. There's more to being a criminal than to just commit crime.  

Yep, but there's a few increasingly shrill voices here - one of whom seems kind of unhinged tbh - that can't (or won't) understand that.

I'd like to keep playing my character who doesn't have a gun. I'll try to continue to do that because my character has no real motive or desire to own a gun. She deliberately moved her business out of Los Santos to the country to avoid the high crime rates.

But if people no longer have to care about location of a crime, all of the forum topics telling us civilian RPers why we shouldn't own guns, why we should interact more with illegal RPers, why we should get out and walk around...well. Just stop making them.

Edited by Greyfeather
Spelling correction
19 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

lol wut, wait whats ur ig name lemme mug u so u can cry about it tomorrow too

Its ironic how you openly vouch for the fact that you would love to Metagame and flout the server rules whilst lecturing others on "Quality Roleplay" in your previous posts! 
No Offense. Just saying what I see here. 

Just now, The.Godfather said:

Its ironic how you openly vouch for the fact that you would love to Metagame and flout the server rules whilst lecturing others on "Quality Roleplay" in your previous posts! 
No Offense. Just saying what I see here. 

whats ur ic name and address, do you have a CCW because I would love to steal ur PF gun 

• Bospy locked this topic