What kind of roleplay is overlooked/underrated?

13 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

Pretty sure I passive RP alone more than I RP with others just cuz how introverted I am xD
I gotta get out more

Honestly, the best tip I have is to join a faction, especially one that forces you to interact with people. I still don't approach anyone off-duty, but, at least I get cool interaction on-duty.

• Upvote 1

Definitely passive RP. It's not always for the value of it all, ultimately going for a jog around the block or going to buy groceries isn't always the most enriching experience, but I find it helps me keep my character more grounded, particularly when the server and storylines kinda ramp up into more borderline absurd heights.

11 minutes ago, Koko said:

Definitely passive RP. It's not always for the value of it all, ultimately going for a jog around the block or going to buy groceries isn't always the most enriching experience, but I find it helps me keep my character more grounded, particularly when the server and storylines kinda ramp up into more borderline absurd heights.

I'll even add to that, it's a great way to meet people naturally as well and to pass the time. I feel most people get into that DM mindset just because they're not filling the time with every day things to kind of keep you level.

Stripping/prostitution. 

If you're a serious role player and you do this on your main character, it's hard to get any kind of development because the amount of trolls who choose to portray it bad, or make alts and come on for a quick money scheme. 

RPing with vehicles that are actually in your character's financial limits.

Someone said here before about commuting at 100mph in cars that they just bought because they had X amount of money. I started RPing as someone with a beat up vehicle that only goes so fast, because it was all that was available to them. They're not gonna hit a motorstore and buy 3 muscle cars if they work a part time clerk position.

Also farmers that actually RP farming and have some basic knowledge of crop types and what time of year they can grow them.

• Wuhtah locked this topic