How the server fails to encourage roleplay over money

TinPan

20 hours ago, MotionSickness said:

I disagree with this a great deal. Money is indeed incredibly easy to come by for some people who are in well supported factions (LSPD and so on).

This is true, perhaps we need a sober rebalance of the economy first.  A look at all scripted sources of income and tweaking of numbers so that there aren't these huge imbalances.  After that we can look at fair money sinks.

• Upvote 2

Property management took $500K out of my money because i was renting properties to multiple tenants. Instead of encouraging tenants to proceed ICly with lawyers, and the whole judicial system that they have created for this type of issues, they decided to just take $500K out of my money without telling me before nor talking with me before about it. That only shows that the administration on the server always puts money over roleplay, that's why the server fails to encourage roleplay over money. That's literally why i am definitely not playing this shit anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Property taxes are being considered/planned.

In what is 200k not enough?

Most properties are 100K+, if someone wants to play a wealthy person 200K is not enough to show that lifestyle through a fancy house and car.

Though my issue is more that the 200K comes over 40 hours. I think it should come faster, so you can start RPing the character you want faster.

6 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Most properties are 100K+, if someone wants to play a wealthy person 200K is not enough to show that lifestyle through a fancy house and car.

Though my issue is more that the 200K comes over 40 hours. I think it should come faster, so you can start RPing the character you want faster.

The issue with properties when it comes to how their pricing has been completely skewed is for two main reasons:

(1) - Mapping can completely change a properties worth. It doesn't matter if the base property price is worth 120,000, if it's mapped to look highly modern? The price instantly becomes base property price + furniture, and even then; the price is typically doubled.

(2) - Location is also a huge issue, because individuals typically want a property where they roleplay; but those properties typically are either already occupied, unused; or require authorizations for purchase.

Predominantly though, issue 1 is the big one. The prices that some people are charging for properties purely because they know that they are able to get a lot of money out of it is nothing short of absolutely fucking abhorrent; and the perfect example of why many people on the server still prioritise money over the actual roleplay.

1 hour ago, 1pablop said:

Property management took $500K out of my money because i was renting properties to multiple tenants. Instead of encouraging tenants to proceed ICly with lawyers, and the whole judicial system that they have created for this type of issues, they decided to just take $500K out of my money without telling me before nor talking with me before about it. That only shows that the administration on the server always puts money over roleplay, that's why the server fails to encourage roleplay over money. That's literally why i am definitely not playing this shit anymore.

Hey there, 1pablop. 

I admire the fact that you've gotten out of your way to express your frustration regarding what happened. For the sake of clarity and honesty, which your post has clearly failed to exhibit, Property Management did not take $500,000 out of your character's balance with no prior notice. You have indeed been notified, and you have, in fact, replied to me in acknowledgment. 

Since everything is in display and to maintain the transparency, buying a multitude of properties for the sake of just renting them out to multiple tenants at once — given the fact that most of them are one-bedroom apartments, and then selling them 14 days after in attempts of requesting a higher price is not something we appreciate. Roleplaying a landlord of multiple properties who uses a moped for transportation while being a trucker simultaneously also does not fulfill what we, as a server, collectively expect in terms of quality.

My reply is not meant to disconcert you at all, but it was merely needed for the sake of transparency because of what you've shed light on. Picking the villain without offering any context is not healthy. The team caters to quality roleplay, and we do our best to support it when done correctly. In your case, our hands are always open to help your landlord roleplay when it offers quality and not just for the sake of passive income. 

En fin, I'd like to include the property rules hereunder for the readers — rule 1.5 - Property Owning goes over this entire subject.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I haven't thought this through that much but I believe a credit system would be a good benefit to the server. A credit system based off what your income is. You reduce the ammount of money you receive when joining, find a job and apply for a credit car or something. Based on your balance you can buy a car with fixed monthly cost and you could lose it if you're in debt. I don't know but I believe this type of thing could be great for the server. 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Monster. said:

Hey there, 1pablop. 

I admire the fact that you've gotten out of your way to express your frustration regarding what happened. For the sake of clarity and honesty, which your post has clearly failed to exhibit, Property Management did not take $500,000 out of your character's balance with no prior notice. You have indeed been notified, and you have, in fact, replied to me in acknowledgment. 

Since everything is in display and to maintain the transparency, buying a multitude of properties for the sake of just renting them out to multiple tenants at once — given the fact that most of them are one-bedroom apartments, and then selling them 14 days after in attempts of requesting a higher price is not something we appreciate. Roleplaying a landlord of multiple properties who uses a moped for transportation while being a trucker simultaneously also does not fulfill what we, as a server, collectively expect in terms of quality.

My reply is not meant to disconcert you at all, but it was merely needed for the sake of transparency because of what you've shed light on. Picking the villain without offering any context is not healthy. The team caters to quality roleplay, and we do our best to support it when done correctly. In your case, our hands are always open to help your landlord roleplay when it offers quality and not just for the sake of passive income. 

En fin, I'd like to include the property rules hereunder for the readers — rule 1.5 - Property Owning goes over this entire subject.

Frustration? LMAO, tbh i don't give a fuck about 500k worth of virtual money with no value irl, i had fun making money and virtual businesses while it lasted, i wrote the topic to let you know that you suck at your virtual job, and that you can delete this forum account since i won't lose my time here anymore, btw i already did with my UCP account so you can enjoy those $1.000.000+ of virtual money and properties that i had.

Edited by 1pablop
11 minutes ago, 1pablop said:

Frustration? LMAO, tbh i don't give a fuck about 500k worth of virtual money with no value irl, i had fun making money and virtual businesses while it lasted, i wrote the topic to let you know that you suck at your virtual job, and that you can delete this forum account since i won't lose my time here anymore, btw i already did with my UCP account so you can enjoy those $1.000.000+ of virtual money and properties that i had.

Last thing myself or anyone else here is wanting is for this thread to get derailed and locked, so please; try not to stir shit up in here in public and shit on a considerably important thread discussing a relevant topic about the current state of the server.

8 hours ago, Peruvian Flake said:

I haven't thought this through that much but I believe a credit system would be a good benefit to the server. A credit system based off what your income is. You reduce the ammount of money you receive when joining, find a job and apply for a credit car or something. Based on your balance you can buy a car with fixed monthly cost and you could lose it if you're in debt. I don't know but I believe this type of thing could be great for the server. 

You can approach other players for this.

• Wuhtah locked this topic